• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sambob888

sambob888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

So, ANSgear is having their flash sale, and I was planning on getting their grey ghost 68/4500 with the Pro regulator for $170, but then I saw a red dura finish ninja 68/4500 with the Adjustable regulator for $30 less. So my question is, do I spend the $30 for the pro reg? How much better is it than the adjustable reg? 

Grey Ghost with Pro Reg- $170- http://www.ansgear.c...kpro-68grey.htm

Red Dura finish with Adjustable reg- $140- http://www.ansgear.c...ATANK-68DURARED

Thanks!

Edit: I'm gonna be using the universal tank cover which completely covers the tank, so the red dura finish, while neat, isn't really a factor. It basically comes down to the extra $30 for the pro reg.

Edited by sambob888, 24 November 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

So the adjustable reg allows you to change the operating pressure by removing shims in the reg to allow you to change the reg pressure to the Manufacturer's recommendations for the input OP.

The PRO reg does the same thing as the adjustable reg but it also has a swivel that allows you to position the psi gauge and the fill nipple to where you want it to be. To me this would be ideal because I hate it when the psi gauge rubs on my wrist and I once had a fill nipple dig into my wrist for a season and every day i played there would be bruising to the inside of my wrist due to the fill nipple stabbing it. 

I personally would spend the extra bank on the PRO reg or just get the normal one with the adjustment clips.  

The tank cover is good in theory but make sure it has some sort of grip to the end of it so it can stick to your shirt or jersey while you go to shoulder it. 

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

The Pro reg is absolutely worth the cost IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users