11 replies to this topic

#1 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Richard Greenaway, the founder of Paintballers for autism is under fire for allegations of fraud.

"i was contacted by the police in regards to a report of fraud by the founder of PB4A Richard Greenaway. I myself was conned by him - but only for support and promotion. However there are many others who have also begun to contact the police with issues of not receiving items they paid for.

The money that Richard told people he donated to Autism Speaks or any other type of Autistic organization is a lie. 

It was brought to my attention Richard was telling people who were saying that he was dirty dealing that I could vouch for him.

He presented to me in November when all of this began in the bst groups on FB I was mad as hell people coming to me. I gathered him and 4 others and said this has to stop here Im not going to have my name or HyBrid run through a scandal. I demanded that Richard give my specific information. I know now that its all forged

I have spoken to the police in a 1.5hr interview now and there is a great deal of problems right now. As I was told no other individual associated with PB4A is involved in this police matter, only Greenaway. 

IF you have bought ANYTHING and havent gotten it or ANY info you might have either contact this detective or contact me on fb or here. There are more than 30 people now who have paid or donated and havent gotten anything.

There are five of us now that are directly involved and talking with the police. We had no clue what was going on until this first chat. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help with any info you might have even if its that it took forever to get your stuff. 

If you want take a screen cap and send to me and we will pass it along. Here is the contact name and the police report number. I will stop all the half truth's right now. If you want the truth you contact me. Half of what I am seeing here right now isn't even CLOSE to what is going on. Below is the information that the Police and State police are wanting.

Again no one else but Greenaway has any part in this. Don't blame teams, captains, sponsors etc. We were all deceived as well. I will answer any and all questions on this thread. I and 4 other individuals know the real truth. 

Here is what you need to produce

What you bought

when you bought it

how much

how you paid for it

if you paid by paypal what was the email address (there are atleast 5 different email address known right now) 

take a screenshot of the transaction including the transaction number, you can even click on details and it shows everything

If you participated in a raffle 

everything. 

The contact info is

Todd J. Edwards
Detective, Westfield,MA Police Department
15 Washington Street, Westfield, MA 01085
Desk - 413-642-9389
Office - 413-572-6400

reference the police report number - 13-1995-OF (note he can only receive attachments under 5mb)

Post all your questions comments and such here. Don't create any more threads. One person fraudulently deceived us all. Please help out if you can.

*EDIT* If you have links to any post anywhere from him post them here. His user name here is EMSGUY"

If you want to follow the thread on PbN here is the link: http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=4050162

Edited by III Kezia III, 27 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's really disappointing to see that someone would even think about doing something like that.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

I caught wind about this about a month ago, but there wasn't any 100% confirmation that it was a fraud, so I didn't say much. Sucks to see this happen. 

#4 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

To quote the Sage professor Farnsworth, " I don't want to live on this planet anymore".

Edited by SplatSplatOrange, 28 November 2013 - 02:23 AM.

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#5 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

but at least its only one person and not a group of people. not everyone was scumbag in that operation. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

His account here is banned.  Evidence is too overwhelming to allow a risk of scamming. Techpb has no tolerance, as people know, for this crap.  Nobody else is being reviewed or considered.

#7 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

I hope someone else takes over PB4A as it was a legit thing until Richard went rogue and scammed 30 confirmed people.

Lulzjustacat.png

#8 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I play at the local field of PB4A, the group is a bunch of stand up guys who love paintball. I hope you guys don't get a bad taste in your mouth of the team, as most of the players thought they were doing a good thing.

RAWR?

#9 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

If it was just one person, I personally do not find it acceptable for us to chastise their entire foundation. Every group has a bad apple. They have obviously terminated this man after they have found out and I personally would continue to support them so long as they fix the problems they had with this. 

Most if not all the men/women currently working with this foundation are doing a good thing. Its sad to see 1 person try to spoil it for others. Selfishness is the worst.

#10 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

no one is blaming anyone else but Richard Greenaway.

Lulzjustacat.png

#11 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

The problem is people look at the name of the foundation rather than the name of the individual. It will be more difficult for the PB4A name to recover from something like this than Richard Greenway's name.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#12 Bad71

Bad71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

As a player/ Capt for the new England PB4A team, I thought I would pipe in to clarify a few things;

Yes, the MA State Police/ Westfield (MA( PD, and the Atty general are investigating Rick Greenaway for financial wrongdoings associated with the PB4A organization. No charges ahve been filed yet as they have a reported 100 persons who have come forward with information, and it will surely take time to sift thru everything before they formally charge him.
With that being said, PB4A WAS Rick Greenaway...on his own. There was no Board of Directors, nobody to oversee his dealings or conduct. Hie was the organization alone.
The players... we were just players on a paintball team used by Rick to promote his cause. No players, either in New England or Arizona had any part in the fund raising, finanicial dealings, or management of PB4A other than the team Captains who only ran the day-to-day dealings of the team of their respective teams. The extent of our fundraising was verbally plugging the name at the field and on social media.
Furthermore, in regards to the New England team, it has been dissolved as of last week. I will not speak for the Arizona team, but as I understand it, they are doing the same.
True, the PB4A name has taken an encredible hit. And frankly, nobody in New England has the know-how or the desire to take over the name and try to undo what Rick has done. Having zero experience in running a charity, there is no good reason for us to maintain the PB4A name. We have discussed it and have made our decision. Arizona is free to do what they feel is the best route for them to take. Again, I do NOT speak for them.
As far as us, we will move on and create a new team. Some players will stay...some will likely move on to other endeavors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users