• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BlackIceDragoon

BlackIceDragoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have a kaos right now with the hpa tank and pinokio hopper. I'm looking for an upgrade to either a gog g1 or proto rail.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

No Referral Links.

#2 C.Klapper

C.Klapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

well what kind of paintball are you looking to play, I have the proto rail right know and im loving it, its a little heavy on air but air is free so not that big a deal. ive never shot the g1 before but ive heard good things about it. you just have to decide what kind of paintball you want to play.

#3 BlackIceDragoon

BlackIceDragoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm looking into woodsball mainly.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

No Referral Links.

#4 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I currently own a GoG G-1 (Blackhearted) and I love it. It's a fantastic marker and shoots extremely well and feels great in the hands. Not to mention GoG has very good customer service and they will help you out with any issue you may have. I purchased one for woodsball because I personally don't like to bring my $1000+ markers out into the woods and Mike raves about the G1. The G1 is durable and can handle a beating, dirt and mud doesn't hurt it at all, I can vouch from experience. 

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#5 BlackIceDragoon

BlackIceDragoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Awww sounds awesome then. Thanks for the help!

No Referral Links.

#6 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I would take a rail over it, mainly for ergos and being slighty quieter. While the G1 looks nice from a milsim/woodsball perspective I still like the rail more and it is a very light weight marker which is even better in the woods. 

#7 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I would take a rail over it, mainly for ergos and being slighty quieter. While the G1 looks nice from a milsim/woodsball perspective I still like the rail more and it is a very light weight marker which is even better in the woods. 

I wouldn't say the rail is quieter and the ergonomics of the G-1 are nice, its nice and stretched out. Now the G-1 is heavier but I wouldn't go as far as saying its heavy. Not to mention I've had to constantly help people who have bought rails before due to leaks or something going wrong. I'm obviously not a huge fan of rails at all… 

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#8 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

I've had both,prefer GoG to Proto always.Their line is simpler and shot quality is on par,better if modded with a QEV and good bolt

Spend the extra $ for a Blackheart and eyed breech instead of a blind breech.Board is easier to use,has on the fly select fire,eyes greatly reduce chops

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Right out of the box they are both great little low end spoilies. Yes, the Rail does have a slightly smoother and quieter shot. The main advantages in the eXTCy are the on/off asa and Blackheart board. Though, upgrading an entry level or low end marker does very little good. The only parts I would consider upgrading are the asa and feedneck on either of these. Personally, I shoot a Rail as my main. It's great for rec play, whether it's woods, rec or even just rec speed ball. But the way it's designed would work for tourney play as well. I did upgrade to a Proto on/off and Shocktech lever lock, but nothing else.

Edited by Wolfe, 29 November 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Again, it really depends. If you're looking for complete versatility, go with the rail because it is smaller and more suited for both forms of play. You can obviously use the g1 for airball, but it is quite lengthy in comparison, and unneccessarily so. Basically you are comparing the Rail with the larger eNVy.
But if you do want those looks and don't care much for ergos and size, and want that look, then go for the G1

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users