33 replies to this topic

#1 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

So maybe not so much the Wii and the Ouya as I kind of consider them in a separate category.
does anyone have a new console (Xbox or the PS4) are they really that different? I feel like the best games they have for them right now are both available on the previous generation anyways. Also from what people have been saying, while they look a bit better. 400$ for "a bit better" is hard to justify in most gamers eyes (except PC players because they will spend 500$ on a graphics card and then go play countstrike on it..... :P )

everyone seems to agree the controllers are much better however, which is nice. good controllers are a must.

So for those who got the new things.

Opinions?

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Inb4 console wars
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

PC master race! Yeah boi!

That is all, goodbye.

#4 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

^ LOL. i like PC's but there is still plenty of PC problems

console wars? nah, we are better then that. im just curious if those who got the new ones are liking them so far.

Citrus Connection

#5 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

from what Ive seen the PS4 and XboxOne are pretty close in terms of performence
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

XboxOne? Oh, you mean the Xbox720p
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#7 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

yay, another console thread

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#8 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Unlike you I dont give a damn
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

I won't be buying either, so I don't care either. I'm just saying that it's not right for Microsoft to release a console that cost more than the PS4 and make it have worse graphics

#10 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

I won't be buying either, so I don't care either. I'm just saying that it's not right for Microsoft to release a console that cost more than the PS4 and make it have worse graphics

Worse is subjective I cant tell the difference between the two if its 720p then its 720p to me Ill end up buying a PS4 and XboxOne after I can get more money Damn computers are expensive

#11 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

Worse is subjective I cant tell the difference between the two if its 720p then its 720p to me Ill end up buying a PS4 and XboxOne after I can get more money Damn computers are expensive

A 900 dollar computer can get you far. It will also be cheaper in the long run since PC games are much cheaper. This is because Microsoft and Sony subsedise the price of their respective console with the money from the games you buy. Lets not forget the fee for online play aswell.

Steam has their autumn sale right now, i would have had to pay more than three times as much for those games if I bought them for my console.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 29 November 2013 - 08:34 AM.

o8qo.jpg

#12 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

my bank card is currently curled up in the corner crying due to the sale

#13 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Some games just feel better on a console, to me anyways. I'd rather buy a console and a few games that I actually play, rather than spend three times that for a computer and a whole bunch of games I never play but bought because they were on sale and I thought I might play them eventually. I play games both on a console and a computer, and I find some games work best on a console and some work better on a pc. So I'll always have both of the major consoles and a computer, and I'm quite happy with that arrangement.

I'm just waiting for bugs to get worked out before I pick up the new Xbox and the ps4.

#14 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Neither will do 1080p and 60fps simultaneously? nty do not want. I also dont understand how people can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080 while playing on giant TVs. Probably because it's on medium to low textures but still, plus it being at 30 fps gives me a headache. And playing to play online.... I already payed for the internet why should I pay again to use some crappy service to game. If I was forced to use either I would give up gaming, which is saying a lot considering I have 1,000 hours of Dota 2 in the past year.... and that's only the game time for Dota 2  <_<

http://steamcommunit...m/id/steephill/

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

Edited by Steephill, 30 November 2013 - 04:49 AM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#15 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Some games just feel better on a console, to me anyways. I'd rather buy a console and a few games that I actually play, rather than spend three times that for a computer and a whole bunch of games I never play but bought because they were on sale and I thought I might play them eventually. I play games both on a console and a computer, and I find some games work best on a console and some work better on a pc. So I'll always have both of the major consoles and a computer, and I'm quite happy with that arrangement.

I'm just waiting for bugs to get worked out before I pick up the new Xbox and the ps4.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000HZFCT2

Enjoy. 

The only argument that even exists against PC's now a days, is the prevalence of console exclusives, which seems to be shrinking anyway. 

Edited by IhasAcellular, 03 December 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

PC master race reporting in.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#17 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Console exclusives? That's cute....

8emx.jpg

o8qo.jpg

#18 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

rd5ZdVi.jpg

Posted Image

#19 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

So lol. found out the xbox ones dont support dolby digital systems... sooooo PS4 seems to win just on the pure fact i kinda like my sound system...and not 1960's stereo

Edited by Eskimo, 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Citrus Connection

#20 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

So lol. found out the xbox ones dont support dolby digital systems... sooooo PS4 seems to win just on the pure fact i kinda like my sound system...and not 1960's stereo

http://www.joystiq.c...ming-post-laun/

#21 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I may get xbone just for forza. Granturismo sucks ass and driveclub looks stupid

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#22 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think Wii U is the best console right now TBH Everything that is on PS4 and Xbone worth playing is also on PC. 

Posted Image

#23 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yes, but have you heard of more than 10 of those games? ;)

Posted Image

#24 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Only reason to get xbox one over ps4 would be titanfall since they are basically the same thing. Only reason to get ps4 over xbox one would be it's 100 dollars less so you don't have to buy a kinect you won't use. 

But wait we forgot something a pc! A glorious pc that has all your exclusives at least the good ones. So pc > console hue hue hue.

#randompost

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#25 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

own everything and call it a day....easy as that

Posted Image

#26 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

Only reason to get xbox one over ps4 would be not titanfall since it is also coming out for PC  and they are basically the same thing. Only reason to get ps4 over xbox one would be it's 100 dollars less so you don't have to buy a kinect you won't use. 

But wait we forgot something a pc! A glorious pc that has all your exclusives at least the good ones. So pc > console hue hue hue.

#randompost

FIFY

o8qo.jpg

#27 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Yes, but have you heard of more than 10 of those games? ;)

I will neither confrim or deny that statement :dodgy:. Only reason the EVER buy a console would be to play the exclusives. And as of right now there is no killer app that the console needs. The game that people will buy consoles to play, Halo (not the new ones) Splinter Cell (again, not the new ones) and so on. 

o8qo.jpg

#28 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Ummmm. Gran Turismo is fucking amazing.... are you on drugs? Forza is good too, but its just not on the same scale as GT. Theres racing games, but then theres Gran Turismo, which is a driving game.

#29 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Gran turismo has horrible driving. Sure you can honk your horn and turn your wipers on but that doesn't make up for the boring feel of the driving. I do enjoy the amount of cars and tracks, but they don't make me change my mind about anything. Turning off all the assists on gt just feels clunky and unrealistic, compared to forza to where you'll spin out if you aren't careful. This is my opinion, but I will stick to it. Forza is just a better, more entertaining game

#30 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

GT is considered by everyone in the gaming world as the most realistic driving experience haha...

#31 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

GT is considered by everyone in the gaming world as the most realistic driving experience haha...

I'd rather go out and drive than play a game in which I do something I do every day; drive. That's like playing Fifa go outside with a ball and make some friends or go to a drag race at night. Get some real games where you play a scenario that could never occur.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#32 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Have you ever played iRacing? No? Didn't think so...

o8qo.jpg

#33 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

why because you can turn your wipers on? It may be more 'realistic' but it's still shit

#34 josborne024

josborne024

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

I have an XB1 and coming from a 360 there are some things I find better the the old 360 . The graphics are better in my opinion . The ease of checking who's online is better and faster " after the last update" . I like the onboard video recorder and now with the Dolby Digital updat and headset adapter I can use my a50's that I had on the 360 . All in all I like the new XB1 .

And to all the pc guys there is no comparing a pc to a console your in a whole nother league . Consoles were build for ease of use and thats it .

Xbl gt : CAG BIG COUNTRY

Edited by josborne024, 19 March 2014 - 10:19 AM.

post-62541-0-66980300-1396396912.jpg

Empire Axe , Dye UL , VIrtue Spire 260 , Ninja Pro 68/45

New Marker Coming Soon !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users