• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 GTF CORPS

GTF CORPS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hey guys I plan on go to living legends this year we was planning on taking 2 campers and camping out so how early should we get there to make sure we have a spot, thanks for the help and if you could give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it thanks
GTF CORPS!!

#2 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just show up in the afternoon the day before, there should be spots open.

Bring lots of water, more food than you think you'll need (trust me, you will be very hungry at the end of the day).

Bring a good attitude and some excitement because you'll need those too :)

See you there! Fight for the New Empire!!

#3 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

GTF Corps,

As mentioned if you arrive Early afternoon Friday. They may allow you to start camping on Thursday evening but will need to wait for the official word from CPX Sports in regards to that. Sean Scott is active in here and can answer that question in regards to Thursday as an option.

Being as you are a fellow Floridian, hope you choose to battle on the New Empire side. Just say I'm a little bias, lol.

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you there.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post up.

#4 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thursday morning, camping will open until Sunday late afternoon. GTF Corps... I remember playing you guys in SPPL if I remember correctly. See you guys in MAY!

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#5 GTF CORPS

GTF CORPS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Sean Scott yeah we played sppl for a while and thanks for the information everyone it's helped
GTF CORPS!!

#6 BiggieCheez

BiggieCheez

TechPB's Cheeziest player of 2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

ok so on the LL7 website it says Friday-Sunday. Does the actual game start on Friday or Saturday. This is my first time going and we are coming from NJ so we are deciding to camp out to save a couple of bucks. Is there usually room on the campgrounds?

Ebay feedback  http://www.ebay.com/usr/biggiecheez

BST Feedback 3/0/0

#7 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

http://livinglegends...m/ll7/schedule/

No news on what things will be going on Thursday or Friday but the game officially begins at noon on Saturday. As far as camping it has been my understanding that there will be plenty of room, but naturally the earlier you get there and set up the better.

P.S. your signature just made me laugh

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Thursday is usually just when people show up and get their stuff set u, and grab space. Friday is the pump games at night and I believe they might be doing open games as well. Thats also when Vendors open so you can ogle the stuff, and buy stuff too. There is also the Beer Conference for those of age, where people bring beers and alcohol from all over and share their favorites!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#9 BiggieCheez

BiggieCheez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thanks guys hope to see you there. Also do you think 3 cases of paint will be fine. I am planning on using PSP capped at 10.2 or semi capped at 12.5

BST Feedback 3/0/0

#10 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well that depends are you more like Irish shooting God knows how much paint always at the front...

Or are you like me getting lost in the woods for like an hour all the while shooting mabey 10balls :I

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#11 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I am of the ethos "Accuracy by Volume", so I am probably going to start with 3 cases and have money to snag two more just in case. I want at least a case for the final battle, if for no other reason then to hand out and keep others in the fight. 

But if you shoot sparingly, and shoot at what you can hit instead of spraying at shadows, 3 cases shouldn't be bad. I'd recommend doing Semi for normal play, and save ramping for the Final Battle, that'll save you paint in the long run :tup: 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#12 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yes, main game starts on Noon on Saturday. We will have fun games happening on Friday. Those plans will be solidified in the next month or so. Thursday we will be open for Camping and people setting up along with Vendor setup. I will also have registration open for a few hours to give the people showing up early a chance to take care of it quickly. 

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#13 BiggieCheez

BiggieCheez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

OK so we couclated that the cost for the entire trip will be $263.93 with tax, paint, entry, air and gas both ways (we are bringing 5 or 6 people). Do you think that $350 should be enough to bring for food, drink ect.? 

BST Feedback 3/0/0

#14 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

If you can bring food and drinks in a cooler, you'll save a bit of money versus buying it all at CPX.  As soon as you go to a restaurant for food assume its going to be 30$ at minimum.

#15 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Food and Drink costs are hard to estimate. Since it will vary on your diet and your requirements.  Someone that weighs  210 lbs will have much different requirements than someone 115.

For example, I do not eat at all while I play. I will however drink like ridiculous amounts of fluids. So for me I get 2 to 3 gallons of water per day and about 2 or 3 32 oz Gatorade to get through. Then I have a nice dinner each night. I will also eat quite a bit the week of the event and build up my calorie intake prior to the event.

Now I am not suggesting using my diet at all. This is just an example of how it can really vary from person to person. This is not something I suggest for anyone, this is merely the best manner in which I play. If I eat my nerves will have me with an upset stomach and throwing up.

SO knowing yourself and planning ahead will assist alot with keeping the costs down.

Look forward to seeing you at the event. Hope you play on the right side, the New Empire side!

#16 Rangel

Rangel

Windy City Warriors- CPX Sports-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Aw Man I eat like a madman during the event. Paul's Brats and Italian Beef... amazing. But hydrating is a must. I went all saturday play without water. (Didn't come off the field  until 15 minutes before break for diner battle) and I was fine. The same with sunday. But just because I was abe to handle it doesn't mean You should. I pushed myself so hard last year, coupled with the servere dehydration... The following week was bad. So drink lots of water!! Mix it up between cole and warm water.

Warm water is easier to take down, but too much and your going to be throwing it up. You can't take cold water down as fast. So regulate yourself! 

#17 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Aw Man I eat like a madman during the event. Paul's Brats and Italian Beef... amazing. But hydrating is a must. I went all saturday play without water. (Didn't come off the field  until 15 minutes before break for diner battle) and I was fine. The same with sunday. But just because I was abe to handle it doesn't mean You should. I pushed myself so hard last year, coupled with the servere dehydration... The following week was bad. So drink lots of water!! Mix it up between cole and warm water.

Warm water is easier to take down, but too much and your going to be throwing it up. You can't take cold water down as fast. So regulate yourself! 

I would point out that last year was relatively mild.

#18 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Yeah LL 3 and 4 were absolutely ridiculous. So many people were falling out from dehydration and heat exhaustion. You MUST MUST MUST plan on it being 95 degrees and 95% humidity. Prior to playing hydrate until you can't stand anymore, then continue to drink water alllllll day. Throw in some powerade or Gatorade for the electrolytes. Then if it's only 80 degrees you'll be basking in the nice weather. At LL4 I drank 3-4 gallons of water and didn't pee until about 7pm. That's how hot and how much fluids I was losing. Another thing to remember, when it's that hot and you are getting dehydrated (if you are playing hard you will dehydrate some nomatter what you do) your body will tend to want to cramp up. Eat lots of potassium the previous week. Bananas until you can't stand them lol. Then every morning at the event eat 2.

#19 Rangel

Rangel

Windy City Warriors- CPX Sports-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I would point out that last year was relatively mild.

It was, but Sunday game on was a little more unforgiving 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users