Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

It's not a new rail as far as I know, just fixes all the problems with the OG rail.

2 piece 14" barrel
Clamping feedneck
On/off asa

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Still has that shitty trigger. Oh well.

I do like the inclusion of the Proto Case and the two piece barrel. That's a great call.

Edited by Lotus, 05 December 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#4 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

The extras are worth the cost if you plan to buy new...

#5 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

It's phesible to upgade a 2011 Rail with lever lock and on/off asa for less than 300.00, however the barrel and case put you over the 350.00 price tag if bought later. However, unless GoG raises the price of the eXTCy, Dye is going to have a hard sell over it.

#6 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I wont be satisfied with proto markers until they bring the proto matrix series back. I was spoiled with the PM line, they were the best money could buy for the price range.

None of these expensive ion clones interest me. I'd rather have a cheaper matrix. I understand it's unlikely a PM will ever happen again, but I'll keep dreaming for it haha. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#7 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

The PM8 is still one of Dye's best ever markers. Ergonomics and performance of a DM14 except for the rubber pads? Yes please!

I'm still disappointed they didn't change the trigger on the Rail maxxed. That was its biggest flaw.

Posted Image

#8 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Return of the Son of the PMR Special Edition: Why update the marker itself when you can just throw on a bunch of accessories and call it something else? (Not saying that the original PMR didn't need accessories...but, still...)

Edited by Old Dude PB, 05 December 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#9 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Return of the Son of the PMR Special Edition: Why update the marker itself when you can just throw on a bunch of accessories and call it something else? (Not saying that the original PMR didn't need accessories...but, still...)

I know that nobody likes the look of the trigger, I personally don't, but owning a rail i can honestly tell you its not that big of an issue. The spring is so light that the geometry doesn't matter as much. 

I am for one happy they changed it, should it have been sold that  way originally yes. Would more people buy it if it had a different trigger yes. But i gotta say the UL frame is the only thing that makes me like it as much as i do

#10 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

I wont be satisfied with proto markers until they bring the proto matrix series back. I was spoiled with the PM line, they were the best money could buy for the price range.

None of these expensive ion clones interest me. I'd rather have a cheaper matrix. I understand it's unlikely a PM will ever happen again, but I'll keep dreaming for it haha. 

So true,always figured they discontinued it because it was taking part of the DM market share.The Rail was a piss poor replacement for the PM line.I think the PM8 May be Dyes best marker to date

Edited by Punisher068, 05 December 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#11 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I know that nobody likes the look of the trigger, I personally don't, but owning a rail i can honestly tell you its not that big of an issue. The spring is so light that the geometry doesn't matter as much. 

I am for one happy they changed it, should it have been sold that  way originally yes. Would more people buy it if it had a different trigger yes. But i gotta say the UL frame is the only thing that makes me like it as much as i do

Yeah, I really find nothing wrong with the stock trigger. Sure, it's not the best looking, but it functions well.

#12 SamWise37

SamWise37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm with everybody wanting the pm line back. Had a pm8 and I wish I never sold it, such a good set up but the rail to me at first looked liked a slg with a couple of upgrades. But would like to see how this performs

#13 DyeNut

DyeNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think I'll stick with me Etha for my low end electro. But hey, the UL frame is so sweet, and I like Dye grips too. These changes sort of put the Rail out of the entry level category I think. That being said, if entry level players can swing the few extra bucks they'll certainly be better of with this than their Tippies and Sypder's. 

#14 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think I'll stick with me Etha for my low end electro. But hey, the UL frame is so sweet, and I like Dye grips too. These changes sort of put the Rail out of the entry level category I think. That being said, if entry level players can swing the few extra bucks they'll certainly be better of with this than their Tippies and Sypder's. 

Spyders and Tippmann are usually under 150. I doubt many beginners are going to be willing to drop more than double that.

My 98 was the first marker I owned. My parents bought it for me. They would've thought I was insane if I had asked for a $325 gun.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#15 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,204 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

For a gun currently going for 200 used, 325 for a couple of off the shelf parts seems too steep.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#16 CarbineKid

CarbineKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Their timing is horrible.  This gun should have been out before Christmas, not slightly after. 

#17 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Honestly I think it's a fair deal

ASA: $60

Barrel: $45

Feedneck: $20

Case: $20

Total- $145

cost difference compared to original one: $75.

Now, you don't get the original ASA, barrel, etc, so that's why it's not a GREAT deal, but it still works out pretty decently.

Edited by Lotus, 08 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Now with this gun, why would someone ever buy a reflex rail? You only have to get a new trigger and it's the same gun

Edited by Gameboy, 14 December 2013 - 08:50 AM.

If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#19 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's not. The reflex rail has a much better solenoid. Other than that, it's the same gun. I always thought the reflex rail was overpriced.

Edited by Lotus, 14 December 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Posted Image

#20 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

While the upgrades for the cost are good, the only thing I see that will actually improve performance is the barrel, and that's assuming it is better than the stock barrel. Other than that, you are really paying for nice things to have, like an on/off ASA, or a nice gun case.

#21 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Barrels don't do anything. The original 11" barrel shoots just as good as a $180 Dye Carbon Fiber Boomstick. The only drawback to the stock barrel was 11" is too short for my tastes and hard to manipulate bunkers.

Posted Image

#22 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Barrels don't do anything. The original 11" barrel shoots just as good as a $180 Dye Carbon Fiber Boomstick. The only drawback to the stock barrel was 11" is too short for my tastes and hard to manipulate bunkers.

You can buy them for 20 bucks at ANS if you don't mind the size that much.

#23 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

That's my point. While these things are all nice to have, they don't actually do anything to the gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users