4 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

So, I got to the check in for my flight at about 6:00 today. The flight was leaving 2 hours later, so we had plenty of time. Now I walk in and they tell me my flights been canceled and that it's rescheduled to 4:15. We go over to the manager, and he gets us a flight at 9:50. Now, that's not what I'm upset about. What I'm REALLY upset about is that they didn't even fucking call me to let me know this. No email was sent, no text, no nothing. So now I'm sitting an airport and will be for two hours. Fucking great
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's a crappy business. When you need to know something, they'll figure you'll show up sometime. If they need something from you, you better drop all plans and bow down. They know they can be asshats to a lot of people and still stay in business.

I'd run through the airport in a banana suit screaming the lollipop song while waving a Norwegian flag around. Just blame it on being stir crazy. 

p.s. enjoy your flight in half an hour

Edited by Sin_Ister611, 06 December 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well often people are lead to believe it's for the best to cancel because of maybe plane availability, they are mechanical after all.  Truth be known is that most cancellations are due to lack of bookings and merging the flights together.  Common practice.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Complaining about sitting in the airport for 2 hours?

That's cute. 

I often would be stuck at an airport over night when trying to come home on leave, just because I was on standby for so long trying to get a ride. 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Turns out it was because the city i was going to was having a massive ice storm and they had no plows to clear it. I also had 3 more flight cancellations trying to go home so I had to stay much longer.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users