Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Age- 15

Weight- 130lb

Height- 5'6"

S- 235x1

B- 170x1 

D- 310x1

OHP- 95x5x5

Edited by The Bacon Man, 21 March 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#2 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Upper body workout today, fine tuned it and tested some maxes. I benched 155 (+15 from last month) and squatted 245. I was insanely close to 255 but couldn't pull it off. The only thing left to perfecting my routine is adding cardio. I'm going to start jogging 2-4 times a week, I might start some HIIT too.

#3 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

I've been doing a 15-20 min jog daily, plan on continuing that as a pre-workout from now on. Because of the winter break, I'm stuck with my home equipment for 2 weeks. I'll need to make a few changes. I have a new protein on the way - http://www.amazon.co...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Hopefully it will taste better than my current stuff. I stopped taking it because it was so gross it made me gag. This will also be better because it's an isolate, doesn't have any un-needed crap in it.

I'm also adding some core stuff to do 3 times a week. I have an ok 6 pack, so I want to bring it out by adding muscle (cause fuck cutting, bulk errday) and it should help my squat and deadlift. As far as overall progress, I'm feeling a lot healthier and I've been getting a little bigger. I gained 3LB too.

Does anyone know any other good back exercises? I want to get rid of the chicken wings once and for all.

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Re-did my routine, I think it is pretty balanced. I plan to do 5 sets still unless that proves to be a problem, which then I'll drop down to 3 sets. That protein came and with milk it tastes like a milkshake, very impressed. Mixes nice and isn't thick. 

#5 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

More changes, I'll be making small tweaks for weeks to come. I've had the flu so I only did one lower body workout. I haven't lifted upper body for weeks due to Christmas break and the illness so I'll try to do something small tomorrow. I was thinking about adding in some conditioning (interval running) and speed training one day a week when it gets warmer.

Edit:

Kind of wandering just now if I should start doing some plyometrics after legs, I hear it works nicely. Any feedback is appreciated because I'm pretty much talking to myself out here. I also got an upper body workout done from home today, I think the flu is more or less gone.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 12 January 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#6 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Got some straps to help my deadlift and I'm using farmer's walks for grip strength. I'm switching over to a more hypertrophy based rep range because I feel like I've built a solid foundation. I also feel like I need to get bigger before I can get a lot stronger. I wanna test my deadlift again Monday, but I'm not sure how much improvement I'll get. 3 weeks straight off due to Christmas break and the flu - I feel it crushed my gains.

I've been tracking my cals and macros recently. I always thought I was "the kid who eats but doesn't get fat", turns out I actually just undereat a lot. Since I've started tracking I've upped my protein intake from 40-60g to about 130g a day. I only use whey when I can't get 130. I've also upper my cals from a deficit to about 250-500 over my TDEE. I'm gaining about 1lb a week now so that's great.

#7 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Decided to stop fucking around with my split and get on a real routine. SL5x5 worked well for me, so I'm hopping on ICF 5x5, which is SL5x5 with a few more accessory lifts. Also got a new deadlift pr of 285x1. I tested some other maxes, mainly because I needed to with the program. My diet has been shit the past week with midterms, but I'm getting it back on track.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 02 February 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hit a 10lb bench PR today, 165x1. I stopped using the straps and instead put the bar down after each rep instead of TnG. More gains for your reps and I have no issues reping 225x5 as far as grip. Interested to see where my squat is now, probably gonna attempt 225 next week. I'll be doing 3 full bodies 3 days in a row due to time constraints... Will be interesting.

#9 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Just a quick check in. Finally started to straighten out my diet. Lean bulking on 2450cals, 330g carbs, 130g protein, 60-70g fats. Not too concerned about staying at 2450 cals, I just care that I'm eating in a surplus and hitting my macros. Been following this for about the past 1-2 weeks, pretty good so far. Weighed in at exactly 130 today. I'll weigh in every week and adjust my cals accordingly. 

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

PR: 285--->310 deadlift in 3-4 weeks. Starting to break old 5rm's from last month in regular working sets. About to break my 185x4 squat with a 185x5x5 squat tomorrow. Also scheduled to break a 135x5 bench with a 135x5x5.

Failed OHP today at 90x5x5, missed the last rep on my 4th set.

Past few days of eating were absolute shit, due to some stomach issues I've been getting in 1000cals tops/day. Finally feeling better.

#11 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Everything is going pretty good, hit a 200x5x5 squat and 95x5x5 OHP. I've been eating in a 300-800 cal surplus every day except for 1 or 2 bad days. Feels good to be doing 5x5 on my old 1rm's.

#12 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

New maxes-

235x1 squat (just missed 245)

170x1 bench

#13 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just thought I'd post an update:

Bulking at around 0.5-0.7lb/week, everything is going nice and I'll be hitting some PR's soon. If anyone wants to follow my log more in depth you can check out this: http://forum.bodybui...60895651&page=2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users