• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

I have a Dangerous power G4 that i got recently. I noticed after I air it up, the small hole in the top section of the Regulator begins to have a small leak. I have re-lubed the reg and changed the o-rings in a effort to fix it. It has not stopped and Dangerous Power is absolutely no help. What should I do. 

#2 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hmm.. Where did you get the o-rings from?

You can always buy a new regulator but o-rings should have taken care of it. Makes me wonder is the bore has any scratches in it?

I'll grab mine and pull it apart to see if it trigger any more suggestions.

#3 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Okay- which o-rings did you replace? There are 3 that could cause it to leak there- the piston seal in the upper bore, next most likely is the lower piston seal- it's ver small and in the lower reg portion. The third and least likely is the last o-ring in the lower reg assembly on the anodized lower portion that seals next to the threads.

I just o-ringed mine a few weekends ago and bought the seals from ANS and they were all correct sizes.

#4 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

It may not be a reg leak, my cousin just bought a G4 and out of the box the macro line was leaking next to the regulator. It seemed DP used a rough edged instrument to cut the macro line causing it to leak. Check ur macro line out and see if its a nice smooth straight cut.

#5 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

It was not the fittings ( I have already replaced those as they leaked out of the box) and I have replaced the piston seal o-ring as well with the piston seat but it is still leaking, and as I said earlier, DP is no help. The tiny hole that is just above the separation point( Where the reg unscrews into two portions as i\I don't know what to call it) I really thank you for your help.

#6 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

It was not the fittings ( I have already replaced those as they leaked out of the box) and I have replaced the piston seal o-ring as well with the piston seat but it is still leaking, and as I said earlier, DP is no help. The tiny hole that is just above the separation point( Where the reg unscrews into two portions as i\I don't know what to call it) I really thank you for your help.

You answered almost none of my questions.... Where did you get the o-rings from? There are 3 that can cause the leak you are describing. Any scoring on the piston or bore?

#7 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Sorry. They came from the rebuild kit from the factory. Replaced all three. No scoring at all. Clean as a whistle.

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Where exactly is the leak coming from?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Can you post pictures of the regulator pulled apart?

There are no dents in the piston? No cracks? The piston is pretty thin metal and would be the are of focus.

Edited by r45vt, 08 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#10 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Attached File  image.jpeg   37.11KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image copy.jpeg   35.07KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image copy 5.jpeg   36.22KB   3 downloadsAttached File  image copy 3.jpeg   38.56KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image copy 2.jpeg   40.17KB   0 downloads

#11 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Here is exactly where the leak is coming from.

Attached File  image copy 7.jpeg   34.88KB   0 downloads

#12 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

attachicon.gifimage copy 5.jpeg[[/url]

Do you have an o-ring on the bottom of this guy?

Not the one small one that the piston goes into.

Edited by r45vt, 08 December 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#13 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yes Sorry, but other than that, could it be anything, or should i just spend the money and get a new reg, witch i was hoping to avoid.

#14 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Well the pictures are really low res so I can't see anything, but higher res may not show anything anyway. You can always take it to your local pro shop.

#15 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Alright thank you for your time.

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

That hole in the regulator could be a pressure relief valve, which vents if the reg is set too high. I'm not certain that this is the solution, but try turning down the reg output, that may stop the leak.

EDIT: If you have not already wiped off the old lube and re-lubed it, I would suggest doing that, while also checking the O-rings for any damage. Another thing I found is that there is a tendency for the reg to leak if the little silver washer on the end of the spring is dirty. My suggestion now would be to take the reg apart, wipe off all the old lube and make sure the parts are clean, then re-lube it and re-assemble. Do this first before trying my original suggestion above.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 09 December 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#17 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Are you absolutely sure its coming from the pressure relief valve? I've had my G4 leak from where the reg screws into the body.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#18 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hey I thank you all for your advice and help, but I just bought a new reg to solve the problem. Thank you all.

#19 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Bummer you couldn't get the stock one to work.

I have a G4 as well and just bought a tech L7 bolt for it. Made a world of difference, no bolt stick!!

I haven't turned my dwell down yet but I had to turn the pressure down a bunch to get it to chrono. Seems more efficient. I can get 4 pods plus a hopper and still have air left which I couldn't do before.

Just wanted to share if you run into bolt problems or need extra efficiency.

Edited by r45vt, 11 December 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#20 Hansbro21

Hansbro21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

ok thank you. I don't have the money right now to upgrade any more but thank you for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users