• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Paintball is sort of a play as you go sport. When you have money for paint or air you play. For people 13-15 maybe even 12 it is hard to get money. I have noticed that the usual solution for money for paintball is to cut lawns dog walking or baby sitting. In this cold weather for new englanders, cutting grass is not possible. I have come up with a few alternate ways to make some easy cash.
~Wooden signs. Get some nice pallets, usually free. Just take out the boards with a hammer, cut about a foot in length. Stain or paint and paint on by hand with a stencil words like love or peace, maybe even some christmas words or sayings. This might sound *banmeplzktx* or girly but people love these signs. Sell them for 8-10 bucks a piece and when you sell 5 you got yourself a case.
~Other thing you can do if you live near woods is cut a branch about 3-4 inches in diameter leave the bark on and make 1/2 inch disks. Get some stamps with a bird or tree or whatever. Stamp it on drill a small hole about 1/4 inch put some twine in there and you have yourself some homemade christmas ornaments. You can sell those for about 2-3 dollars a piece.
~Chop fire wood.
~RAKE LEAVES. One of the easiest ways to make money.
I hope I helped out to some of the younger players looking to continue to play paintball.

Hey Jack! It's on like Donkey Kong

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

How about tips for people who don't live in coldish weather? Like Arizona? Or Florida? Or California. Because before, when I couldn't get a job, it was very hard to make money. I was just fortunate enough to have an uncle who played to take me with him. But yeah. Down here, no leaves to rake, no grass to mow, to cold to justify chopping fire wood.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

How about tips for people who don't live in coldish weather? Like Arizona? Or Florida? Or California. Because before, when I couldn't get a job, it was very hard to make money. I was just fortunate enough to have an uncle who played to take me with him. But yeah. Down here, no leaves to rake, no grass to mow, to cold to justify chopping fire wood.

Same principal for the signs and ordaments. Lets face it, usually everyone celebrates christmas. I don't live down there or west so maybe pool cleaning?

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Same principal for the signs and ordaments. Lets face it, usually everyone celebrates christmas. I don't live down there or west so maybe pool cleaning?

Where you from in NE?

I made money for paintball one way and one way only. I was a straight up Craigslist Hustler till I could get a real job.

I would sell all the old crap I had lying around my house. Frequently made the rounds in my neighborhood on trash day looking for old bikes and stuff I could fix up then sell off or pawn. It was free money if you knew what you were doing. 

If you dont have any mechanical skills well now is a great time to learn how to do it. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Where you from in NE?

I made money for paintball one way and one way only. I was a straight up Craigslist Hustler till I could get a real job.

I would sell all the old crap I had lying around my house. Frequently made the rounds in my neighborhood on trash day looking for old bikes and stuff I could fix up then sell off or pawn. It was free money if you knew what you were doing. 

If you dont have any mechanical skills well now is a great time to learn how to do it. 

Connecticut. I am going to be 16 this month. I was just showing some ways i did it. I have sold things for a while. Too bad i am in two very expensive sports. Racing motocross and paintball  :D

#6 Aplegends pb

Aplegends pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Well it all depends on whether you live in warm or cold climate. I get the best of both worlds. I live in Michigan and I own a paintball team. As a kid too. I'm 14 and getting a part-time job at my local field on the weekends. When you are my age you are basicly screwed. You really can't get a job to earn a source of income and you can go and practice every weekend. But, what you can do is convince the people that do work to pay you to do their extra work, what o mean by this is put out a friendly flyer saying "House maintenance service" offer to clean up almost anything because at my age I'm good at that. Put your skillsto use and make money off the things that you can ddo, not what you can't.

#7 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Also, I read in Forbes about a guy who made money by chopping up pallets, watering them down, and selling them as mulch.

Edited by Simiballer, 29 December 2013 - 12:24 AM.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#8 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Do you recall how he chopped the pallets up??? I would imagine you would need some sort of investment like a wood chipper?

#9 Simiballer

Simiballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

Do you recall how he chopped the pallets up??? I would imagine you would need some sort of investment like a wood chipper?

An axe and some water to soften them up and darken them, simple as that :D
But you would need A LOT of pallets to be profitable. I just checked Lowe's and bags are going for under $3

#10 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Im telling you man. SCRAPPING is a good way to make some money for a younger guy. Go around on trash day when you can and look for anything that can be repaired and re used. Over the summer when I was in middle school I went around with a group of friends, we would walk my neighborhood and take home bikes. We were proficient enough with some basic mechanical skills to clean them up fix a few minor problems and then sell them for nearly %100 Profit. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#11 Simiballer

Simiballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Im telling you man. SCRAPPING is a good way to make some money for a younger guy.

I did that this summer, along with mucking out horse stalls. I enjoy the scrapping; i would wake up early and roam my neighborhood with my dog looking for air conditioning units and stuff of that sort to sell to my local recycling plant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users