• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tubby1423

Tubby1423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Im looking into getting a major upgrade from my current marker (Smart parts ion). Used guns seem to be a lot cheaper and for some reason i feel like if i buy lets say a dangerous power FX for 275 ( http://www.ebay.com/...=item4617621297 ) when original price is 500 theres gonna be problems with the gun. Leaky macrolines or the gun just doesnt turn on and work. Has any one bought a used gun from ebay or craigslist and if so have you had any major problems with it?

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Ebay is... eh. I would only buy from Craigslist if they let me test fire it.

Buy from the TechPB or PBN BSTs from people with lots of positive feedback.

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I've bought gear on eBay, Craigslist, and various forum BSTs. Maybe I've just had good luck, but in general, I haven't had many problems, and when there have been issues, they've been worked out to my satisfaction. If you buy smart, you can mitigate a lot of the risk of buying used. Deal with sellers with good feedback and ratings. Don't chase deals that look too good to be true. Ask as many questions as you need to to be comfortable with the deal. Ask for more/better pictures or video. Get everything in writing.

The other thing to remember is that most leaks are not a big deal. If you're saving $250 or $500 buying a used gun, it's worth it to shell out a couple of bucks for new macroline or o-rings to get it running tip top.

#4 Tubby1423

Tubby1423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I've bought gear on eBay, Craigslist, and various forum BSTs. Maybe I've just had good luck, but in general, I haven't had many problems, and when there have been issues, they've been worked out to my satisfaction. If you buy smart, you can mitigate a lot of the risk of buying used. Deal with sellers with good feedback and ratings. Don't chase deals that look too good to be true. Ask as many questions as you need to to be comfortable with the deal. Ask for more/better pictures or video. Get everything in writing.

The other thing to remember is that most leaks are not a big deal. If you're saving $250 or $500 buying a used gun, it's worth it to shell out a couple of bucks for new macroline or o-rings to get it running tip top.

Thanks helped alot!

#5 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

Whenever I can proof of a marker's condition via high-def pictures, shooting video, test before buying, ect... it is a HUGE plus when I'm buying used. See what other FX's are going for on other sites, that way you have a general basis for what the marker should cost, or even to ask why they might be selling it at a lower price than normal.

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

I buy used markers all the time. Just ask for decent pictures, see that they have positive feedback with little to no Negative feedback. 

Make sure to use Paypal and don't gift the money unless you know the person personally. If you do do a Craigslist deal bring a friend so that you don't get robbed and meet up somewhere public like a field.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#7 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

I bought my axe about 3 weeks ago and she is a beauty. The only minor issues I had was the autococker attachment threads are a bit rough, one detent screw is a bit stripped, and marker needed some lube. Even let a local test it and they wanted to buy it on the spot for how smooth it was shooting. One advice is ask the seller if you can return if you aren't happy with marker, so you have it in writing if they say they never agreed to it. Hope this helps if you haven't done so already.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#8 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Just bought a used gun on eBay from a seller with a 99.7% satisfaction rating, and I've never been happier!
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#9 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

My g4 didn't actually leak lol idk why im just magic or whatever, but anyways, EBAY IS FINE, they have legit protection, once I bought a fucked up mini and even though the sellersaid no returns they made the seller take it back, and ive bought a gun off of craigslist, I was a kid then, I didn't test it, and it didn't work, so id stick to forums, fb pages, and ebay.

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#10 JoshO

JoshO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

I just picked up a dangerous power fusion fx on ebay for 185$ nothing was wrong with it no leaks and works great. 

#11 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

I just picked up a dangerous power fusion fx on ebay for 185$ nothing was wrong with it no leaks and works great. 

Nice find bud, have fun shooting it

#12 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Maybe it's just me.. But i am not a huge fan of buying used gear.. Or car.. Or whatevs.. You sre always buying someone else's issues.. If you cant afford super high end.. Buy the best you can afford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users