37 replies to this topic

#1 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

How would you take the Empire Axe's gauge off and replace it with a plug? Would you need anything besides the plug (ex. blue loctite or teflon tape)? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Maryland Paintballer

#2 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Use a vice but make sure the vice isn't really tight because you could strip the threads on the gauge and you might not get it out.  Just see what works for you whem it comes to trying to seal it.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#3 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Use a vice but make sure the vice isn't really tight because you could strip the threads on the gauge and you might not get it out.  Just see what works for you whem it comes to trying to seal it.

I'm planning on sending it into Kee and having them remove my trigger pin, feedneck, and gauge. Would that be a good idea? I won't need my Axe for a month or two anyways because it is getting very cold where I live.

Maryland Paintballer

#4 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Or you could just use a pliers and not care if you mar the outside of the gauge. I seriously doubt you'd strip anything as I have removed/put on probably 100+ gauges/macro fittings/plugs without ruining what they thread into once.

Sure, if you don't feel comfortable, then send it in I guess. But a trigger pin is usually no big deal to pop out (haven't done it personally on an Axe--but I would be surprised if it was hard).

The dude in this clip tightens down his feedneck on the socket via the allen....wrong way you do this before you clamp but anyways not a bad idea on how to get this off.

#5 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Or you could just use a pliers and not care if you mar the outside of the gauge. I seriously doubt you'd strip anything as I have removed/put on probably 100+ gauges/macro fittings/plugs without ruining what they thread into once.

Sure, if you don't feel comfortable, then send it in I guess. But a trigger pin is usually no big deal to pop out (haven't done it personally on an Axe--but I would be surprised if it was hard).

The dude in this clip tightens down his feedneck on the socket via the allen....wrong way you do this before you clamp but anyways not a bad idea on how to get this off.

I've researched on how to remove all of them but I just don't want to risk the chance that I will mess up my gun. If Kee messes it up, it's on them and they will replace everything, but if I mess it up, it's on me and I will have to pay for the replacement.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 10 December 2013 - 12:41 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I highly doubt amy company will pay shipping amd labor to have one of their markers sent in to remove parts so they can be replaced woth aftermarket.

My advice is to do research and do this yourself. The biggest disservice you can do to yourself is being scared of working on your own marker. And frankly, even if YOU broke something trying to do it Lee would probably help you out.

#7 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I highly doubt amy company will pay shipping amd labor to have one of their markers sent in to remove parts so they can be replaced woth aftermarket.

My advice is to do research and do this yourself. The biggest disservice you can do to yourself is being scared of working on your own marker. And frankly, even if YOU broke something trying to do it Lee would probably help you out.

They actually are sending me it back with the parts removed and I'm not scared of working on it, just damaging it since I have heard that the removals are hard. Plus, I don't have the parts to remove said parts and it would cost me more to buy the parts then it would to send it to Kee. 

Maryland Paintballer

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I would not bother with sending it into kee. Learn how to do it right and give'r its honestly not hard to do any of those things.

The feedneck I have had some out when I tightened my rotor or z2 too tight and i twist it right off. Hell even my buddy at kee says that how he does it. Simon the engineer of the axe told me to use a wooden dowel and a hair dryer (I'm intense I use a lighter).

Trigger pin you use a punch and hit it with a hammer from the side without the jaws. Sometimes you need to REALLY PUT SOME BACK into it

The gauge while I haven't done it is probably not rocket science. Plenty of people have done it already.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Ok, well I know I shouldn't but I'll probably send it into Kee against your advice - I don't see why I shouldn't.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 10 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#10 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

because the experience gained greatly outweighs spending money on shipping for something stupid, especially when they look at it as if they're teching it, decide the parts are good, and send it back to you with the parts still on it :P

Also, the gauge should have flat spots on it, just stick a wrench on there (adjustable if you don't hav a proper set) and turn it out... If you're scared of turning a wrench then please do not reproduce.

#11 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Ok I guess I'll try them myself! And no, don't worry, I'm not scared of turning a wrench.

Maryland Paintballer

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Ok, well I know I shouldn't but I'll probably send it into Kee against your advice - I don't see why I shouldn't.

Might as well use a rental to play paintball then with that mentaliy
gnUDL.png

#13 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Might as well use a rental to play paintball then with that mentaliy

How? I worked for the money and paid for my gun and I don't want to damage it, so please explain to me, why should I play rental...?

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 11 December 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Maryland Paintballer

#14 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

How? I worked for the money and paid for my gun and I don't want to damage it, so please explain to me, why should I play rental...?

I think the point that some of us may be trying to get across is this: This is a hobby that requires some small amount of mechanical ability. If you cannot even bring yourself to unscrew a gauge, then this may not be a sport for you.

Things are going to break or need to be adjusted at field and at home. You already turn a screw when you chrono at the start of the day. Do yourself a favor and turn a few more. Are you concerned about breaking a nail?

And another thing, why did you even ask about whether you should send it in and how to do it if you wanted to never do anything and send it in anyways?

Edited by Sydarm, 11 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#15 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think the point that some of us may be trying to get across is this: This is a hobby that requires some small amount of mechanical ability. If you cannot even bring yourself to unscrew a gauge, then this may not be a sport for you.

Things are going to break or need to be adjusted at field and at home. You already turn a screw when you chrono at the start of the day. Do yourself a favor and turn a few more. Are you concerned about breaking a nail?

And another thing, why did you even ask about whether you should send it in and how to do it if you wanted to never do anything and send it in anyways?

See, this is why I don't go on TechPB... people treat me like a p*ssy because I don't want to damage my gear. I'm not afraid of doing stuff myself, but I've heard of people breaking the feednecks on the inside of the body and I wanted to send it in for that, then I thought "hey, why not ask them to take that stuff off too? it'll be faster and I won't have to get other equipment to remove it." But nooo, people start insulting me as a person because I decided to play it safe.  Sorry, my fault, I guess I should go try to remove them and possibly f*ck up my marker instead of being afraid to break a nail -.-

Maryland Paintballer

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

That is just a few people on here and if you have a problem with a member report it to a mod. 

There is a reason why they are suggesting this, it may be a waste of money/time of you don't try doing it yourself. I always fuck up my markers by doing things I should not do so I get where you come from but also there are times where I had do do things on my own because the company would not help me on it like installing a new trigger on my Axe.

There are things sometimes you need to do it life and you will run into assholes but sometimes these assholes have a point.

Let this man make his own decision instead of forcing something down his throat. 

#17 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

It was with earlier axes did the feedneck snap, and that was from bad dives did that happen.

And all I meant for for my post was is that if you that afraid to tinker with your marker, maybe buying marker isn't a good idea... But that is just me

Honestly I've fucked up the asa mount, shit happens get over it. Kee usually replaces those parts for free too. And this is coming from a guy that babies his gear.

Like some of these things aren't really severe, super challenging things. If someone used red locktite and cross threaded a feedneck on then I can sympathetize naturally since its a bitch to get off if not nearly impossible. Or even a trigger pin put on the wrong way and forced all the way down, she is also a bitch to get out.

All I'm trying to say is that these things shouldn't be too hard to require manufacturer support. There are much more problem markers amuck. And you should try maintaining markers. We have no problems guiding you but you have to put in the effort.

Take what you will but we are forcing things upon you, more like strongly stating opinions
gnUDL.png

#18 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

That is just a few people on here and if you have a problem with a member report it to a mod. 

There is a reason why they are suggesting this, it may be a waste of money/time of you don't try doing it yourself. I always fuck up my markers by doing things I should not do so I get where you come from but also there are times where I had do do things on my own because the company would not help me on it like installing a new trigger on my Axe.

There are things sometimes you need to do it life and you will run into assholes but sometimes these assholes have a point.

Let this man make his own decision instead of forcing something down his throat. 

Thank you, you're one of the people on here that has actually treated me with respect. I'm not trying to sound like a little b*tch but it's annoying enough being young and not getting respect from adults when you are trying your best, I would think I could atleast be respected by fellow lovers of the sport.

It was with earlier axes did the feedneck snap, and that was from bad dives did that happen.

And all I meant for for my post was is that if you that afraid to tinker with your marker, maybe buying marker isn't a good idea... But that is just me

Honestly I've fucked up the asa mount, shit happens get over it. Kee usually replaces those parts for free too. And this is coming from a guy that babies his gear.

Like some of these things aren't really severe, super challenging things. If someone used red locktite and cross threaded a feedneck on then I can sympathetize naturally since its a bitch to get off if not nearly impossible. Or even a trigger pin put on the wrong way and forced all the way down, she is also a bitch to get out.

All I'm trying to say is that these things shouldn't be too hard to require manufacturer support. There are much more problem markers amuck. And you should try maintaining markers. We have no problems guiding you but you have to put in the effort.

Take what you will but we are forcing things upon you, more like strongly stating opinions

Ok, thanks for clearing things up.  I do maintain my markers as well as possible, and I love tinkering to max out the performance but as this is my first good marker (my first one was a Spyder Xtra) I want to keep it in the best condition possible.

Maryland Paintballer

#19 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

The thread was a little TL:DR What do you want to do with your Axe?

#20 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

The thread was a little TL:DR What do you want to do with your Axe?

I wanted to know how to remove the stock feedneck, take the gauge off of the ASA, and take out the trigger pin.

Maryland Paintballer

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

well I think it has been all stated. 

Feedneck i would take to a proshop, gauge with a wrench, and the trigger pin with a punch and a hammer. 

#22 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

people treat me like a p*ssy because I don't want to damage my gear. I'm not afraid of doing stuff myself...actually treated me with respect....I guess I should go try to remove them and possibly f*ck up my marker instead of being afraid to break a nail...

You asked a question. Nobody gave you an answer that you liked (you want to send it in) and you cried about it. Then you cried that people called you out. People have since supplicated to your cries.

The question you asked has already been answered.

#23 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

I think op wants to plug the gauge, install the violent trigger pin and some sort of aftermarket feedneck
gnUDL.png

#24 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think op wants to plug the gauge, install the violent trigger pin and some sort of aftermarket feedneck

That is what I am going to do, I'm planning on getting the Critical Axoim trigger but for now I'm going to stick with the stock.

Maryland Paintballer

#25 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

That trigger changed the Axe for me and it made it 1000 times better for me to shoot because I got the trigger exactly the way I wanted it.

#26 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

That trigger changed the Axe for me and it made it 1000 times better for me to shoot because I got the trigger exactly the way I wanted it.

Do still you have an Axe? If so, what upgrades? I'm planning on getting the low pro feedneck, lurker bolt, and I have a Dye UL. I'm not one of those people who buys the gun and upgrades it without even playing (I've already played with my gun and I'm jw what I should get)

Maryland Paintballer

#27 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I had a Boss bolt, nummech grip extender and the critical trigger and it was perfect 

#28 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

I had a Boss bolt, nummech grip extender and the critical trigger and it was perfect 

Sorry this is waay off the original topic but what are your thoughts on the Boss vs. Lurker bolt?

Maryland Paintballer

#29 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Guess what? I got my feedneck off! I just tightened my Halo Too all the way and turned it hard and it came off! I'm glad I didn't send it in, thanks guys!

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 15 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#30 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

They both are fine bolts I would go with a Boss just because it was easy for me.

#31 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

They both are fine bolts I would go with a Boss just because it was easy for me.

Is the Lurker really that hard to setup? The only thing about setup that seems different is the spacer, other than that it probably takes the same amount of time to tune the guns, right?

Maryland Paintballer

#32 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

With the new spacer its really easy. Sometimes you might have to try a couple different size orings for the bolt guide though.

#33 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

None of it is hard I just prefer to stick with something that works.

#34 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

With the new spacer its really easy. Sometimes you might have to try a couple different size orings for the bolt guide though.

I bought infamous bolt orings so hopefully those will help. I looked at a thread and I saw that with those orings, the gun shoots more consistently.

Maryland Paintballer

#35 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Ironyusa on pbn proved that those are just colored urethane orings. but it's your money bro, if you like boss products you give them your money.

Personally I'd go to a store to buy urethane orings and pocket the savings
gnUDL.png

#36 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

I bought infamous bolt orings so hopefully those will help. I looked at a thread and I saw that with those orings, the gun shoots more consistently.

No, its the bolt GUIDE that you need to try different sized orings for.

#37 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

Playdoh is correct. Material is correct size is possibly not...

See the oring experiment
gnUDL.png

#38 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Ironyusa on pbn proved that those are just colored urethane orings. but it's your money bro, if you like boss products you give them your money.

Personally I'd go to a store to buy urethane orings and pocket the savings

Should've asked before I went and bought -.- Well theres $10 down the drain :/ Where can I buy orings? Would I have to buy them online or could I just pick them up at a local hardware store? Sorry, I'm new to all this oring testing/buying.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 17 December 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Maryland Paintballer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users