• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paintball unicorn

paintball unicorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

i recently purchased an ans x5 pump marker. I was kinda taking a risk because i did not know much about the marker. I was wondering if anyone owns one or know about them. Can you please give me some input? 

#2 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wrong section buddy. Please go to the pump forum under specialized paintball or you can go to equipment advice

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

It'll be the same as any other cocker pump. Pump kit is a little meh, but enjoy it. If it works for you, it's a good gun. 

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

The only bad thing about it is the pump kit,really. But thats something you probably won't care about until the addiction sets in.

#5 EgoPossum

EgoPossum

Playin' pump & Hurtin' Feelings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

$279 isn't a bad price for what you get.  If you look in the BST you will find alot of sniper/cocker pumps around that price with similar "upgrades" in them.

ANS didn't make bad cockers or cocker parts (their mag parts weren't that good).

I am not sure how good the reg is on the gun.  A friend of mine had a semi X5 and it shot really nice and was super consistant.  The frame was a love it or hate it type of thing.  It is very close to the CCM 86* frame and moves the weight of the tank under the gun a little better then a standard 45 frame

Good:

Clamping feedneck

Delrin bolt

Dual detents (comes with different hardnesses so you can tune it to your hopper - if you use force feed hoppers)

On/Off ASA

Bad:

Pump kit

689 barrel

No autotrigger (if you like that kind of thing)

What I would grab:
Barrel kit (lots of comapnies make good ones - Empire, GOG, Hammerhead, Macdev, etc)

Either a Gat Factory Universal Pump Arm Guide or  CCM Lightweight pump kit if you don't want the autotrigger or just buy a CCM pump kit with your choice of frame (if you want autotrigger). 

I hate how those pump kits will wobble if you don't have a barrel that is wide enough for the pump handle to slide on.

"I shoot pump because it hurts more feelings." -- ryantuomi (heard at Living Legends 2)
"Pumping is about as much a disadvantage for me as shifting is for a Nascar driver" - good buddy of mine said this when we were talking about going against the local tourney team
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball

#6 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Their regs are decent.  They're very similar to the old Air America regs which were "the" standard.

The Air America reg is a "traditional" floating poppet reg:

This type of reg is mainly seen as the Smart Parts Max-Flo system. The only "Max-Flo" reg that doesn't fall under this category is the Max-Flo Micro preset reg (it's a moving base type of regulator). The current Max-Flo regs use a refinement of the older design, which uses less parts and is smaller overall.
Other regs include the ACI Bulldog, Palmers regs, Freestyle reg and LPR, Air America Armageddon reg, Centerflag regs, WDP AIR, AKA 2 Liter, PMI tank regs, and a few others.

http://www.zdspb.com...isc/maxflo.html

Similar to this:

http://www.zdspb.com...flomanifold.JPG

This is the Air America reg the Ans reg is based off of:

Air America Uni-Reg Violator (stainless steel)/Black Ice (aluminum)

ilr-BlackIce.gifAir America's most expensive, but also the industry standard regulator. The price on these has come down significantly in the past couple years. It's rugged, reliable, and looks totally stylish. The Uni-Reg uses the exact same parts and system as the Automag A.I.R. valve and the regs on Air America nitrogen systems. This makes the reg very easy to service if you have problems with it. It also requires a tourney-cap for tournament play. For those with unlimited funds (or a nice sponsorship), this is the standard way to go. Keep in mind that, while it will keep out small amounts of liquid CO2, running a bottom-line CO2 almost always results in quite a lot of liquid passing through

ANS Gen-X regulator

ilr-ANSreg.gifThis Air America Violator/Black-Ice knock-off actually comes with a few nice features not available on the Air America regs. It has an aluminum top (anodized in a variety of colors) and stainless bottom, is milled out for superior flow, includes an output pressure gauge, and includes a locking, finger-adjustable screw. It comes as stock equipment with the ANS Gen-X Autococker. I haven't tested it yet, but it should perform identically to the Air America equivalent.

http://www.mcarterbr...ACUIn-Line.html

Here's a review with the earlier version:

http://www.mcarterbr.../ANS_Gen-X.html

They seemed to get better with each revision.

TL:DR

It's fine.

$279 isn't a bad price for what you get.  If you look in the BST you will find alot of sniper/cocker pumps around that price with similar "upgrades" in them.

ANS didn't make bad cockers or cocker parts (their mag parts weren't that good).

I am not sure how good the reg is on the gun.  A friend of mine had a semi X5 and it shot really nice and was super consistant.  The frame was a love it or hate it type of thing.  It is very close to the CCM 86* frame and moves the weight of the tank under the gun a little better then a standard 45 frame

Good:

Clamping feedneck

Delrin bolt

Dual detents (comes with different hardnesses so you can tune it to your hopper - if you use force feed hoppers)

On/Off ASA

Bad:

Pump kit

689 barrel

No autotrigger (if you like that kind of thing)

What I would grab:
Barrel kit (lots of comapnies make good ones - Empire, GOG, Hammerhead, Macdev, etc)

Either a Gat Factory Universal Pump Arm Guide or  CCM Lightweight pump kit if you don't want the autotrigger or just buy a CCM pump kit with your choice of frame (if you want autotrigger). 

I hate how those pump kits will wobble if you don't have a barrel that is wide enough for the pump handle to slide on.

Edited by Jaccen, 30 December 2013 - 10:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users