• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

This thread will have multiple questions, please quote the specific question with your answer as i'm lazy and a newbie trying to make this a fun hobby  ^_^ 

So my PB field is really strict on the type of paint that is allowed at the field minus on Fridays. I was curious to know if anyone ever shot this brand and what do they think of it? http://paintballgate...sphspfipa1.html

They also allow the empire evil which to me seems a bit more expensive, but I take the "you get what you pay for" really seriously and bought a case of that instead. Though ansgear has this for 75, local shop sells for 55 for the same case. Looking to see if there is any other good grade paint compared to this that wont chop or brittle as easily, but is branded or marked with SC. Current set up, empire axe with freak barrel kit.

http://www.ansgear.c...yellow-2000.htm

Now with the general question out of the way, I still haven't used my evil paint as I signed up for a membership and they gave a bag for free for signing up, and I pretty much conserved that bag leaving about 1/2 a pod full with 2.5 hours of play before heading off to work. I asked 1 player a general question about pretty much storing the paint, he advised to keep non open paint in bag and rotate from time to time but at least once a week. Now i didn't know how trigger happy I would get so I filled my hauler with 2 bags, and now not sure if to leave it there and rotate once in a while to not cause dimples or to attempt to put some back in the bag. One of my coworkers used to be a paintballer but has left the sport temporarily, and said leaving in hauler is fine but I don't want to waste 2 bags full.What would be best in this type of scenario, I live in Southern California (AKA SC) and weather isn't so bad but currently high 30's to low 80's with 0% humidity.

Another coworker is still active in paintball and he is very pro watery based paint and we compared the two, but I think the more thicker paint would be better against opposing team right? We smashed 1 paintball and smeared to compare both, the evil paint was more thicker and it would seem it would be hard to wipe off in a heated battle. His reasoning for not buying thicker paint was "if we get hit we have less time to wipe paint during our break and we have a chance to be called out for old paint," but since we're not facing each other that would be a good thing to my standards at least. I'm such a smartass and sometimes can take things and make them too technical, but the technicalities for thicker paint imo would be better to guarantee the kill if you ask the ref to paint check player.

I know this sounds like a lot to ask for but I want to make this a serious hobby on my days off to blow steam from the new frustrations I deal with at work daily (phone service tech). That and to also enjoy and have fun :tup:

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#2 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

What field are you going to?

I play at SC nearly every weekend as I signed up for a membership there. I used to only use their SC branded Evil as members get it for 45 a case. Super bright green fill, the balls shoot straight and break on everything. You don't get bounces with it. Evil has been some of e least weather resistant paint I have ever played with.

I switched to buying paint from CC paintball off of River due to SC not always having Evil.. You can get Evil from CC for 55 or 50 a case if I remember correctly.

In between weekends I empty all my paint from my pods and hoppers into my caddy. I never bother with rotating them, no dimples. No need to really check on your paint on a weekly basis if you are using paint with a high quality shell.

Even if your paint dimples its not the end of the world. Typically with warmer temperatures the dimples will come out. I've had paint that was dimpled that shot straight even with them.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#3 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

What field are you going to?

I play at SC nearly every weekend as I signed up for a membership there. I used to only use their SC branded Evil as members get it for 45 a case. Super bright green fill, the balls shoot straight and break on everything. You don't get bounces with it. Evil has been some of e least weather resistant paint I have ever played with.

I switched to buying paint from CC paintball off of River due to SC not always having Evil.. You can get Evil from CC for 55 or 50 a case if I remember correctly.

In between weekends I empty all my paint from my pods and hoppers into my caddy. I never bother with rotating them, no dimples. No need to really check on your paint on a weekly basis if you are using paint with a high quality shell.

Even if your paint dimples its not the end of the world. Typically with warmer temperatures the dimples will come out. I've had paint that was dimpled that shot straight even with them.

Going to hollywood sports, live about a mile away. Now you said you play at SC which is the one in San Diego, I went there once and that's my starting point in PB. 

So with dimples and weather conditions, my empires should be fine in theory lol, Thanks for the info on you caddy, i think i'll do the same since it is a higher end grade paint.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#4 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm not really a fan of HSP as the fields are too small and poor ref's lead to too much wiping for the walk on groups.

That being said if you are a member just get their SC evil, which they sell and ALWAYs have stock there as that's were they store it. Which membership do you have? If you are a platinum member you should get the paint for 45 a case +tax or something like that.

I love their Evil paint, it has a durable shell, breaks very easily on contact and has a bright fill. Of coarse it shoots straight on top of that. The SC branded Evil does seem to have a slightly different shell than normal Evil but on the field I didn't notice any drawbacks. It's definitely worth the price increase compared to their normal yellow paint.

SC village is in corona off the 91 near the 73, not in San Diego.

Since you are local check out LA paintball on meetup.com. SC and HSP are the normal fields we play at. Nice large private groups, no attitudes, no wiping. Next event is in January at SC.

Edit- the nice thing with Evil is that the shell doesn't change with temperature. Cheap paint start to bounce when it gets hot out. SC Evil will break just the same in 100 degree weather as it did in 70. It's always around lunch time you start to see who has poor quality paint as you start getting bounced. N
Bounces hurt he worst...

Edited by r45vt, 13 December 2013 - 02:37 PM.

My youtube channel:

#5 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm not really a fan of HSP as the fields are too small and poor ref's lead to too much wiping for the walk on groups.

That being said if you are a member just get their SC evil, which they sell and ALWAYs have stock there as that's were they store it. Which membership do you have? If you are a platinum member you should get the paint for 45 a case +tax or something like that.

I love their Evil paint, it has a durable shell, breaks very easily on contact and has a bright fill. Of coarse it shoots straight on top of that. The SC branded Evil does seem to have a slightly different shell than normal Evil but on the field I didn't notice any drawbacks. It's definitely worth the price increase compared to their normal yellow paint.

SC village is in corona off the 91 near the 73, not in San Diego.

Since you are local check out LA paintball on meetup.com. SC and HSP are the normal fields we play at. Nice large private groups, no attitudes, no wiping. Next event is in January at SC.

Edit- the nice thing with Evil is that the shell doesn't change with temperature. Cheap paint start to bounce when it gets hot out. SC Evil will break just the same in 100 degree weather as it did in 70. It's always around lunch time you start to see who has poor quality paint as you start getting bounced. N
Bounces hurt he worst...

Well for me HSP is decent as I'm starting off and I live less than a mile away. I just signed up for the Gold membership, but I do have a free pass to SC village.

Now for not knowing where SC village is a slight fail, but coworker did ask me "Hey want to go paintballing? We're going to SC village." He drove down to San Diego (well that direction), and since I was new I was like well this park is awesome. Though I strongly believe this is called camp Pendleton paintball park?

I looked up LA paintball on that site and next event shows up next weekend, but it was for LA/OC paintball. Not sure if this is the same group, but next event I'm going to is giant tactical day on the 11th.

I'm dying to try this evil paint with my new gun which should be in my hands before monday ends =D, but I think I would keep buying evil paint as I like how thick and bright it is.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#6 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

Here is what I was talking about.

http://www.meetup.co...ents/150922902/

HSP has lots of good thing about it, and being its the closest I would have done the same. They are from the same owners, I just wish I could get a membership to both.

SC is inland, Corona/Chino and is not known as Camp Pendleton paintball park.

Check to see what you discount is for paint at HSP since you are a member. I made a mistake earlier- I think platinum is for SC village only. I think you get either a 10-15% discount. Let me check.

My youtube channel:

#7 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Discount % is not posted. Just check next time you are there. I know it took $11 off the SC branded Evil for me at SC which made buying it a no brainier.

My youtube channel:

#8 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Here is what I was talking about.

http://www.meetup.co...ents/150922902/

HSP has lots of good thing about it, and being its the closest I would have done the same. They are from the same owners, I just wish I could get a membership to both.

SC is inland, Corona/Chino and is not known as Camp Pendleton paintball park.

Check to see what you discount is for paint at HSP since you are a member. I made a mistake earlier- I think platinum is for SC village only. I think you get either a 10-15% discount. Let me check.

Ya I seen, but I'll see if I can go since my coworkers want to go snowboarding as it's time for that season =/ lol. 

Now I know SC village is closer than camp pendleton, won't get that confused anymore.

You're right about the platinum portion, but I still have that free pass to that park. If I don't happen to be broke next month with snowboarding I'll definitely go, but need to find the gravity feed I bought. I seemed to have misplaced it since October...

Edited by pbbrybry, 18 December 2013 - 04:37 AM.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users