200 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ok, after one of my recent posts I gauged that there could be quite a bit of interest in starting a "Community Channel" for forum members. I along with several others have somewhat fleshed out an idea of how this will operate. Although before I dive into the technical details I want to list content that we believe will be a good fit for the channel.

- Gameplay commentary

- Gameplay Edits 

- Gear Maintenance 

- Total gun Strip/Rebuilds

- Performance Tuning

- Problem troubleshooting 

- Frequently Recommended Gear Reviews. 

- Hopper Strip/Cleaning

- Mask Strip and Cleaning.

- Comprehensive Soft Goods Guide

- Used VS New /Used gun buying guide.

- Tips and Tricks

- What is in your gear bag and why!

- "Introduction" AKA What you need to play and what to expect.

- Paintball History!

Now for all intensive purposes I will take soul responsibility of setting up and keeping the page organized. I also have a plan for several other members to take on roles as page directors, so I do not have to be stuck with uploading every submitted video. By doing this I hope to keep one person from monopolizing the page for their own potential gain. I have several other contingency plans for further down the road if this thing takes off in terms of potential add revenue. 

Now as for a system of getting videos to us to upload I have several ideas on how we can go about doing it. 

1- Upload it to a private account where myself or one of the other directors will download it and re upload it to the community channel after it has been confirmed to be of sufficient quality.

2- Burn it onto a CD, save to a flash drive or memory card as an MP4 and mail it to myself or one of the directors where we can upload it to the channel.

3- Im going to see if there is a way to allow multiple people to upload videos to a page and keep them private until we have a chance to review and put it up as public video.

All videos submitted for the channel WILL display which forum user submitted it ensuring everyone is given credit for his/her work. I will request that you start each video with an introduction much like Mike does on his own channel. "Hey this is (BLANK) from techpb." Then end it with, a message to check out the forums!

I want the goal of this to eventually provide us with a video reference library for use on the forum and as a compliment to the content Mike publishes on his channel. 

Video Guidelines

1 - PLEASE, prepare a list of "talking points" that you want to cover. Dont just wing it.

2 - Keep the profanity to a minimum. 

3 - If your going to do a gear review keep it objective.

4 - Get someone willing to film you. Camera men help a lot.

5 - Be through! Nobody wants a half assed maintenance video.

6 - Explain technical terms as simply as possible so people understand you! 

There is a lot of quality content on Youtube and there is a lot of crappy content on Youtube use the quality content as a reference find something you want to do and go out and do it. 

Some markers that could really use some loving are.

- Older Ego/ Etek Series

- Marq Series

- Older DM's

- Automags

- Autocockers

- PM Series

- GOOD Tippman Breakdowns + Maintance

- Shocker /Ion

- BL Vice "Yup that means you JB"

- Sniper Pumps
- Vintage Markers

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

I've got an automag with level 10 bolt I'd be willing to do.

HD video, full breakdown, rebuild, and reassembly?

I've been needing to do it anyway :)

I've also got an autococker outkast I could do one on.

Maybe a tuning video for egos/eteks?

This might be fun.

Edited by FacePainter, 15 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hehehehe, bigx mentioned my name in his post :wub:. lol

I am going to try to make some videos tonight and upload them just to this page. Also, when a member makes a video they could just email it to you and then you or one of the page directors could upload it from there.

Also, keep me in mind as a page director if you decide on having page directors!

Thanks,

Justin B.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have an a5 and a 98 that I can do a breakdown on, I'm pretty good with them. Also have a cocker and some other stuff. I'll see what I can do. 

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Protip: Use Dropbox. Have people load up your dropbox with their videos, then transfer out of it onto a personal drive once a week.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Protip: Use Dropbox. Have people load up your dropbox with their videos, then transfer out of it onto a personal drive once a week.

Protip Taken. Will look into it.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#7 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think it's funny. On the list is "older DMs" and while 2010 isn't very old, AoS had to give me shit about doing a video on my DM10.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think it's funny. On the list is "older DMs" and while 2010 isn't very old, AoS had to give me shit about doing a video on my DM10.

Just do a video if you want to. No one can stop you.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_

I do really wish I had a camera. If this takes off at all, I may just go out and buy a camera.

#10 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_

I do really wish I had a camera. If this takes off at all, I may just go out and buy a camera.

I'll rent you mine for $1,000,000 a day......lol :P :P :P

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#11 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

^^^^^This

We use dropbox for most online assignments we do in my school. It works great

#12 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

^^^^^This

We use dropbox for most online assignments we do in my school. It works great

Dropbox is for plebs, google drive is where it's at :dodgy:

Anyway, I'd be willing to help with editing, if someone feel that they don't have the time or the hardware to do it themselves. Shoot me a message and we'll work something out.

o8qo.jpg

#13 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Minimum profanity? Well then. Guess I can't tag along.

#14 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'd be more than willing to partake in this, however my only concern is that I would also want to upload all of my own content to my personal YouTube Account as well.  Would this be an issue?

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#15 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'd be more than willing to partake in this, however my only concern is that I would also want to upload all of my own content to my personal YouTube Account as well.  Would this be an issue?

I would like to keep the channel content exclusive, however I would have no trouble linking the "community channels" submitted  videos to the contributors personal channels. 

#16 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

I've got a better camera, still not great but better, and should be re-recording my PM8 shortly. Bigx, was there any content that my test video lacked that should be included, or any content that my video included but should be left out? I'm definitely having talking points this time.

Posted Image

#17 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Here is a video I made for this: 

Yes, I know the lighting is bad and I had to upload it to Youtube because I didn't know how else to upload the video to TechPB. If the community channel is started and this video is used on it, I will remove the one from my channel. Please watch in 1080P HD and Turn up you sound!

Edited by Justin B., 16 December 2013 - 04:29 PM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#18 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yes, I know the lighting is bad and I had to upload it to Youtube because I didn't know how else to upload the video to TechPB. If the community channel is started and this video is used on it, I will remove the one from my channel. Please watch in 1080P HD and Turn up you sound!

Some pointers for you Justin. Write a script or at the least some bullet point so that you get a good and clear structure of your video. Start with an overview explaining the different parts, systematically go though the item without jumping back and forth. Then do breakdown and assembly. After that you can start to talk about your opinions. If you feel the need to be subjective (which, let's be honest is hard to not be since it's a mask you are talking about) explain that this is your subjective opinion. Also, use different camera angles if you have the time. Even if i know how to disassemble  a pair of E-Flex's i didn't see what you were doing, and for somebody that doesn't know how and wants to know before a purchase, the information is crucial.

Now don't get me wrong Justin, you've done a great job with this video. But the way something can improve is through criticism, and if it makes you feel better you can tear my upcoming video to shreds.

And by the way, upload your videos privately to youtube so that only those with the link can see it and then download it and re-upload it to the community channel.

o8qo.jpg

#19 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

I know what you look like now...

render_pedobear_by_simoneartsrender-d5im

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#20 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I know what you look like now...

render_pedobear_by_simoneartsrender-d5im

LOL! What ya think?????? Pretty smexy right? lololololol

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#21 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Some pointers for you Justin. Write a script or at the least some bullet point so that you get a good and clear structure of your video. Start with an overview explaining the different parts, systematically go though the item without jumping back and forth. Then do breakdown and assembly. After that you can start to talk about your opinions. If you feel the need to be subjective (which, let's be honest is hard to not be since it's a mask you are talking about) explain that this is your subjective opinion. Also, use different camera angles if you have the time. Even if i know how to disassemble  a pair of E-Flex's i didn't see what you were doing, and for somebody that doesn't know how and wants to know before a purchase, the information is crucial.

Now don't get me wrong Justin, you've done a great job with this video. But the way something can improve is through criticism, and if it makes you feel better you can tear my upcoming video to shreds.

And by the way, upload your videos privately to youtube so that only those with the link can see it and then download it and re-upload it to the community channel.

It's no problem man! I was actually hoping someone would tell me what to improve on so I'm grateful that you said what you did. I was uploading that video for that reason and I agree with what you said. I was planning to get a closer view but I got lazy. Hopefully I will be able to fix the problems with the video and have another video up by tonight!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#22 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I've got a better camera, still not great but better, and should be re-recording my PM8 shortly. Bigx, was there any content that my test video lacked that should be included, or any content that my video included but should be left out? I'm definitely having talking points this time.

I thought it was great. Content wise but with a little organization and talking points we could have a serious winner. I have finals until wednesday and Ill spend all day thursday getting the channel up and running. 

#23 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'll see what I can do about getting a similar video for the I4s out by the weekend. I'm a little busy with midterms, but I should be free to do it Saturday.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#24 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I didn't get a chance to revise my E-Flex video yet but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#25 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

No category for shens :I

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#26 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

No category for shens :I

I agree. a shens category is needed.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#27 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

I thought you assumed that much. Honestly guys shens are good but not all shens.

#28 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

I thought you assumed that much. Honestly guys shens are good but not all shens.

All shens is good shens.

shenanigans.

#29 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

I would like to keep the channel content exclusive, however I would have no trouble linking the "community channels" submitted  videos to the contributors personal channels. 

thats dumb. why wouldn't you just let the original content creator put it on his own channel? kinda dumb to make any video an "exclusive" video. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#30 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

thats dumb. why wouldn't you just let the original content creator put it on his own channel? kinda dumb to make any video an "exclusive" video. 

Because the whole point of the channel is to have the community have one united place to store information. If people have it on their personal channel as well then people will be watching it there instead of the community channel, detracting from everyone else. 

#31 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

How's it dumb? It's pretty standard for "community channels" to have exclusive content.

Edited by Nobben #44, 17 December 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#32 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

It's not dumb at all. Having the video exclusive to the channel draws traffic to the community channel. And IF it gets to the point where it's monetized, the creator of that video is going to want it exclusive to the channel that gets more traffic, i.e. gets them more money. 

Why do you think game consoles do that? Why do you think they have games exclusive to that console, or release early for that console? To push sales of that console. In this case, it would be to draw in more traffic to a YouTube channel. Same concept, should work just as well.

#33 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's not dumb at all. Having the video exclusive to the channel draws traffic to the community channel. And IF it gets to the point where it's monetized, the creator of that video is going to want it exclusive to the channel that gets more traffic, i.e. gets them more money. 

Why do you think game consoles do that? Why do you think they have games exclusive to that console, or release early for that console? To push sales of that console. In this case, it would be to draw in more traffic to a YouTube channel. Same concept, should work just as well.

And perhaps in the long run new TechPb members? :D

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#34 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

And perhaps in the long run new TechPb members? :D

Precisely 

#35 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

All shens is good shens.

shenanigans.

cdn ninja shens  :tup:

#36 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

consoles do that because there are deals and money trading hands. its all about money, this...not so much. this is a "community" channel for Techpb members to post videos for anyone in need of paintball help. "draw more traffic to [the youtube channel]" no one is going to give a shit or watch more than like 1 or 2 videos if they don't care about paintball at all. the whole premise is that its Mike's channel but on older gear now that he only does current or new release gear. So why not just let the original creator put it on his channel. you aren't trying to monetize it so theres really no point in "exclusivity".

Lulzjustacat.png

#37 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

consoles do that because there are deals and money trading hands. its all about money, this...not so much. this is a "community" channel for Techpb members to post videos for anyone in need of paintball help. "draw more traffic to [the youtube channel]" no one is going to give a shit or watch more than like 1 or 2 videos if they don't care about paintball at all. the whole premise is that its Mike's channel but on older gear now that he only does current or new release gear. So why not just let the original creator put it on his channel. you aren't trying to monetize it so theres really no point in "exclusivity".

You miss the point. If someone sees quality videos they will look for more videos from the person, in this case the community channel. It would be like trying to watch a video from Mike and then clicking on one of sticktodrums horribly biased videos that don't cover what you want and just whine.

It will increase more views for the community channel. If you can search and get the same video twice the person might not find the community.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#38 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

If the community channel is not going to be exclusive content only I'm out. There's absolutely no point in posting a video two different places on the internet unless it gets millions of views.
You can plug your channel all you want in the video, but the community video you make is for that channel only.

#39 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

If the community channel is not going to be exclusive content only I'm out. There's absolutely no point in posting a video two different places on the internet unless it gets millions of views.
You can plug your channel all you want in the video, but the community video you make is for that channel only.

My plan all along is to have exclusive content. Dont worry about that my friend. 

#40 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yeah. If it isn't exclusive content, there's no point.

Posted Image

#41 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

I absolutely love the idea of having a tuning option! I have been trying for ages to find a tuning guide or explination for my marker!

#42 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Like the Social Paintball of TechPB... Only better... I like it
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#43 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Here is a video I made of some basic paintball tips (Yes, I know the lighting is pretty bad at the beginning because Youtube is taking forever to process):

Please watch in 1080P HD and turn up your sound!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#44 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

JB. Protip. Find a better place to film. That room is awfully messy haha. 

#45 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Here is a video I made of some basic paintball tips (Yes, I know the lighting is pretty bad at the beginning because Youtube is taking forever to process):

Please watch in 1080P HD and turn up your sound!

The tips themselves are good JB, just find some better place to film will ya  ;)

o8qo.jpg

#46 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

http://www.youtube.c..._t4owytIyOJ2RBA

channel is alive. Lotus your PM8 video was excellent. I would love to upload it as the first video.

#47 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

I can probably have it done in a week. I may also have a PM7 video as well.

Posted Image

#48 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

What about a nice channel banner? I could probably make something in photoshop if you want bigx.

o8qo.jpg

#49 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

What about a nice channel banner? I could probably make something in photoshop if you want bigx.

Fantastic. Do it up! I'd love to see what you can come up with. Feel free to Watermark it if you would like.

I can probably have it done in a week. I may also have a PM7 video as well.

Great! by then I hope to understand the nuances of drop box. 

#50 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I plan on shooting a used vs new buyers guide to markers. What to look for as a first time buyer. Types of guns to look for. The nuances of BSTing. The works. Im debating however if my mug is suitable for the job. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users