200 replies to this topic

#51 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

What about a nice channel banner? I could probably make something in photoshop if you want bigx.

Fantastic. Do it up! I'd love to see what you can come up with. Feel free to Watermark it if you would like.

I can probably have it done in a week. I may also have a PM7 video as well.

Great! by then I hope to understand the nuances of drop box. 

Aight, i'll start working right now. Might take a while though.

o8qo.jpg

#52 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

No rush man. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#53 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hmm, I gotta make something. But what?

#54 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hmm, I gotta make something. But what?

Im doing a nice used gun guide. Intro into buying a gun. Do's/Dont's 

Maybe a tuning guide? 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#55 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I plan on shooting a used vs new buyers guide to markers. What to look for as a first time buyer. Types of guns to look for. The nuances of BSTing. The works. Im debating however if my mug is suitable for the job. 

You can do what I did, which is focus on the product, not the person. I too don't want my face or name on youtube for all eternity.

Posted Image

#56 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I plan on shooting a used vs new buyers guide to markers. What to look for as a first time buyer. Types of guns to look for. The nuances of BSTing. The works. Im debating however if my mug is suitable for the job. 

You can do what I did, which is focus on the product, not the person. I too don't want my face or name on youtube for all eternity.

Mine will not really have a soul product to cover. The only markers I have right now are My G6r, a Luxe, and an Etek... I will think of something maybe a voice over of some game footage or something.

#57 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

One big issue i see with doing gameplay commentary is the viewers not knowing the field. It's not like in a video game were everyone plays the same map. Every field is different (unless it's a airball layout) and to a viewer that hasn't played or even gotten a good overview of the field things could get confusing. I know my local field like the back of my hand. I know the angles, the hiding spots, the high traffic areas, the successful strategies for each side.  So if possible some sort of overview of the field before the commentary starts would be nice. Now i know everybody doesn't have the luxury of having access to a drone, but something like this would be nice.

l5fu.jpg

j8gh.jpg

h7jm.jpg

Maybe you could use google maps to make a map of your field. But I suppose eventually you would get and understanding of the field layout

o8qo.jpg

#58 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Depends on the commentary too, no?

k749.png

"Watch out for snakes."

#59 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

That would be a fucking awesome idea find a way to use a mini map that constantly updates where you are.

#60 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

That would be a fucking awesome idea find a way to use a mini map that constantly updates where you are.

We have plans for next season. It has something to do with two go pros, a drone and me  ;)

o8qo.jpg

#61 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not sure I can find a much better place to film because my house is fairly small but I might try to clean that stuff up. Its only like that because we are in the process of switching around rooms in my house. lol guys.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#62 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Not sure I can find a much better place to film because my house is fairly small but I might try to clean that stuff up. Its only like that because we are in the process of switching around rooms in my house. lol guys.

Outside. A garage. Put up a backdrop or something presentable. 

#63 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't have a garage and outside probably would not be too good. IDK I'll probably just clean up the stuff at some point like I said. Anyways, I re-did my E-Flex review with the changes you guys said to make and here it is:

Please watch in 1080P HD and turn up your sound!

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#64 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I don't have a garage and outside probably would not be too good. IDK I'll probably just clean up the stuff at some point like I said. Anyways, I re-did my E-Flex review with the changes you guys said to make and here it is:

Every time you say that im scared that you've put a screamer in there somewhere.

o8qo.jpg

#65 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'm getting way too distracted by that fur on your lip.

#66 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

lolololololol, that might have to go in my sig.

Every time you say that im scared that you've put a screamer in there somewhere.

lol, I don't do those things and if I did I would tell you.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#67 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Nah, i don't really think you would do that but whenever someone on the internet tells me to turn up your sound i get very distrustful. But good job on the video this time by the way :D

Edited by Carolus Rex, 24 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#68 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Nah, i don't really think you would do that but whenever someone on the internet tells me to turn up your sound i get very distrustful. But good job on the video this time by the way :D

Yea, thanks!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#69 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Ok Lotus, JB now that the hollidays are done and over with im going to set up a drop box account and im going to start uploading content.

#70 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Ok Lotus, JB now that the hollidays are done and over with im going to set up a drop box account and im going to start uploading content.

Is the newest E-Flex video I made good enough for the channel? I will delete it from my channel and send it to you if it is. If not I will maybe try to film outside or try to clean up the room. Also, I got some new gear for Christmas and hopefully I will be able to try it out this weekend.

Edited by Justin B., 01 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#71 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yes JB its solid. Im going to figure out dropbox tonight and set something up. 

#72 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

After looking into drop box I decided that I really dont want to have to deal with it. I will however GLADLY use a system of mailing content. Its simple really. We already spend a lot of time shipping gear. Throwing a CD, memory card or flash drive into an envelope is just as effective and less time consuming that having to upload download and re upload content. I will gladly mail back anything sent to me as well. 

#73 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I would have to disagree with you bigx, seeing as i and someone else living far away might send you content as well. We could use something like filezilla, which is only the first thing that came to mind. I'll look more in to it if you are interested.

o8qo.jpg

#74 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I would appreciate if you could look into it for me. In order to get the capabilities I would want from Drop Box it would cost me $10 a month. And until this starts taking off I dont want to invest too much money into it. 

Im presently writing up a "used gun show" just trying to think of how I want to film and present it. 

#75 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

If you want help with anything, like cinematography or editing, just say the word.

o8qo.jpg

#76 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

I have a friend who lives local to me who is going to teach me the intricacies of editing and cinematography. Thank you though. Im also fleshing out an introduction to videos and I have a good idea of the song I want to use. 

#77 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Aight, good to hear, and good luck with your vids. 

o8qo.jpg

#78 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Hoss 

#79 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Good intro song: License to chill By Axel Morris

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#80 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

this sounds very cool, would really be interested in helping

#81 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hey Bigx, I could just email you the file that I normally upload to Youtube. The only issue with that would be if you didn't want to give away your email to people.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#82 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

I have several different emails. That would be fine I dont think your video is too long anyways. 

#83 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

google drive works for sending videos as well
ive used it a couple of times

im also gonna start working on an azodin z2 review over the weekend

#84 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I have several different emails. That would be fine I dont think your video is too long anyways. 

I just tried to attach it to an email just to see if it works and it said that it exceeds the 25mb limit. It said I could send it using google drive though. I don't know how that works but it gives you the option to send it using that when your video is too large.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#85 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Interesting I'll look Into it

#86 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I know I'm posting a million times but I just thought of a good idea. What if the first video on the channel was a kick off video by mike. He could explain what the channel is and how it will be run. We could ask him to do that and then he could send it to you using whatever method you decide on.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#87 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

sounds really cool, I'd help out if i could.

#88 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

I just tried to attach it to an email just to see if it works and it said that it exceeds the 25mb limit. It said I could send it using google drive though. I don't know how that works but it gives you the option to send it using that when your video is too large.

This will work better then using USPS. Talk about old school.

I've sent some pretty large files for school-200mb+ videos for projects using google+.

Now how do you prevent duplicate work? I tested my camera set-up and editing program the last few days. I'd be happy to contribute a video or two.

Expecting a Pulse RDR shortly.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#89 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

I call dibs on the Spire, or should we allow several vidoes on the same item?

o8qo.jpg

#90 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I could do some tip videos and some drills you can do at home that actually make you better. If there is interest I could do some fitness/workout related videos specifically geared toward improving your performance on the field.

Ohio Raiders 

#91 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Is the channel currently up? I haven't seen anything with a channel name, or a link to a channel.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#92 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Edit: channel is up. Thanks JB.  We can link videos for feedback.

Edited by r45vt, 04 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#93 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Is the channel currently up? I haven't seen anything with a channel name, or a link to a channel.

Its on the first page of the thread: http://www.youtube.c..._t4owytIyOJ2RBA

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#94 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Channel is up im going to figure out how to use Google Drive for sharing videos. 

YES for every idea posted. Pule RDR, Spire, as well as drills and fitness. All of them are a yes! 

#95 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

An idea hit me while driving home. How about we do a podcast, roundtable discussion, livestream, miscellaneous banter, call it what you want. We could use Skype or Google Hangouts but i think hangout would be preferable since it requires skype premium for more than two people in one call to have webcams. We could have a list of topics to go through, and also start with going what we in the call had done in terms of paintball. 

Yay or Nay?

o8qo.jpg

#96 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

An idea hit me while driving home. How about we do a podcast, roundtable discussion, livestream, miscellaneous banter, call it what you want. We could use Skype or Google Hangouts but i think hangout would be preferable since it requires skype premium for more than two people in one call to have webcams. We could have a list of topics to go through, and also start with going what we in the call had done in terms of paintball. 

Yay or Nay?

I Love this idea!!! But who would be in it?

Ohio Raiders 

#97 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I'm in for that.

#98 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Bueno Good idea. 

#99 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Well i suppose one person would host every time and bring on different people. The host would act as a moderator, changing topic when needed and such. The problem is that i don't have the best internet connection, so if i were to record it would have to be uploaded later and not livestreamed. 

o8qo.jpg

#100 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

What would be the best way to record it? I could record it and then upload it directly to the channel! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users