200 replies to this topic

#101 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Well, fraps, openbroadcaster and xsplit comes to mind. But i assume most screen recording programs are not free. 

Edit: openbroadcaster is free, i'll look more into it.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 04 January 2014 - 03:05 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#102 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I like this idea.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#103 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Here is a Tippmann platinum video with ACT.  It's different than a standard 98.

I also did a quick spot on bolt stick.  I still have to edit and render it so it will be Monday.  Of all the times the bolt hasn't stuck on my G4... I swear.... I even used Vaseline to try to get it to stick.  Ended up taping the bolt cap with electrical tape. In the end I got it to stick for an example.   

Edited by r45vt, 04 January 2014 - 03:17 PM.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#104 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Dude, I'm not sure if I have the right equipment to livestream but if I do, I'm definitely in!

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#105 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Me, Justin, and bigx all need to be in the same livestream. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#106 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Aslong as you have mics that provide a resonable audio qualtiy, i don't see why not.

o8qo.jpg

#107 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I do have a better microphone, i just didn't bother to dig it out of the boxes in the closet. 

Edited by Carolus Rex, 04 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#108 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Me, Justin, and bigx all need to be in the same livestream. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

And me! I've been helping with this community channel from the start and bigx you know that. Also whoever is hosting the livestream/video/hangout should go through the threads on here and have everyone answer and give their input.

Edited by epic woodsballer, 04 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Ohio Raiders 

#109 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

The idea behind my comment was that a webcast with us three would just be me and Justin pissing off bigx.

#110 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

The idea behind my comment was that a webcast with us three would just be me and Justin pissing off bigx.

On second thought.. good luck with that!

Ohio Raiders 

#111 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Here is a Tippmann platinum video with ACT.  It's different than a standard 98.

I also did a quick spot on bolt stick.  I still have to edit and render it so it will be Monday.  Of all the times the bolt hasn't stuck on my G4... I swear.... I even used Vaseline to try to get it to stick.  Ended up taping the bolt cap with electrical tape. In the end I got it to stick for an example.   

Excellent Video

I do have a better microphone, i just didn't bother to dig it out of the boxes in the closet. 

Looks like a good idea going out tonight should have all day tomorrow to dig into it. 

Edited by bigx, 04 January 2014 - 04:50 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#112 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

On second thought.. good luck with that!

No^^^

Epic Woodsballer Rex and r45vt, Do you gents have a FB account. I would love to get a chance to speak with you both privately and concisely. We have something here. I want to have our first video be a group of us detailing the channels goals and objectives as well as how it is to be formatted and how content will be uploaded. 

Edited by bigx, 04 January 2014 - 04:53 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#113 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't quite get how I would "piss off" bigx. I quite like bigx actually soooo........yea.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#114 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Ok, the structure og our podcast (let's just call it that until we come up with a name)

Before the show, the host (which will probably be me from the looks of things) will get some topic to talk about. It can be questions asked by the members on the forum, news and just some talk about threads. When the show starts, we'll introduce everyone in the call, and go through what we have done in terms of paintball. It can be about a new purchase or a story from at day of the field. Then we well obviously go through the topics, with everyone giving their take on the matter at hand. We'll end the show with everyone promoting their own youtube channel, if they want and have one. And we will of course promote the TechPB forum as well.

Again, Yay or Nay?

o8qo.jpg

#115 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Ok, the structure og our podcast (let's just call it that until we come up with a name)

Before the show, the host (which will probably be me from the looks of things) will get some topic to talk about. It can be questions asked by the members on the forum, news and just some talk about threads. When the show starts, we'll introduce everyone in the call, and go through what we have done in terms of paintball. It can be about a new purchase or a story from at day of the field. Then we well obviously go through the topics, with everyone giving their take on the matter at hand. We'll end the show with everyone promoting their own youtube channel, if they want and have one. And we will of course promote the TechPB forum as well.

Again, Yay or Nay?

Sounds good to me. Would we use google hangout?

Ohio Raiders 

#116 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Again, Yay or Nay?

I second this. This will work perfectly. Everyone produces their own content and publishes it to their own channel. The community channel will provide the "weekly?" "Round Tables" where we introduce content and talk about various subjects. Ill gladly write up the "show" every week. We can run it like sports radio. Pick subjects and use them to structure the conversation. 

#117 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

I don't quite get how I would "piss off" bigx. I quite like bigx actually soooo........yea.

I like him too. But when we converse, Playdoh even gets annoyed.

#118 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

........Say What????

Edited by Justin B., 05 January 2014 - 01:28 AM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#119 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Again, Yay or Nay?

I second this. This will work perfectly. Everyone produces their own content and publishes it to their own channel. The community channel will provide the "weekly?" "Round Tables" where we introduce content and talk about various subjects. Ill gladly write up the "show" every week. We can run it like sports radio. Pick subjects and use them to structure the conversation. 

That is actually not a bad idea. It would not be hard to show some of the videos on the show either. If the creator of wants to of course.

o8qo.jpg

#120 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

Please stop talking out of your ass about something irrelevant. I want to keep this on subject so everyone can put in an opinion. 

Again, Yay or Nay?

That is actually not a bad idea. It would not be hard to show some of the videos on the show either. If the creator of wants to of course.

Can we get some prospective participants to give their opinion on this? I am all for it. Use the weekly "talk show" to highlight certain videos put up on individual members channels as well as to cover and discuss subjects frequently discussed on the forum. 

#121 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

I would like to be in one of these episodes, I think my Norwegian-ness would come in handy.

#122 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would like to be in one of these episodes, I think my Norwegian-ness would come in handy.

A Sweed a Norwegian, some Canuks and a bunch of angry Americans. 

I want it to be open invitation for the show. We can set up a schedule and have people post up when they would want to be available to join in. 

Edited by bigx, 05 January 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#123 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Well, a Swede in the show will make everyone else seem brighter. ;)

(Norway-Sweden rivalry, Carolus Rex will get it)

#124 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

You belonged to us 109 years ago, so shut up....

I got everything set on my end. We will use Google Hangouts so anyone who wants to participate needs to have a Google Plus account. Webcams is a plus but not a requirement. If you are going to be on the show know that your username on google plus will show up. So if you want to create a second account now is the time to do it. 

So, shall we schedule our first show?

o8qo.jpg

#125 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Im going to draft an outline sometime this afternoon. It is presently 1300 in MA. 

#126 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

You belonged to us 109 years ago, so shut up....

I got everything set on my end. We will use Google Hangouts so anyone who wants to participate needs to have a Google Plus account. Webcams is a plus but not a requirement. If you are going to be on the show know that your username on google plus will show up. So if you want to create a second account now is the time to do it. 

So, shall we schedule our first show?

Go back even further and Swedish vikings were Norwegian viking's bitches. :P

Do you have me on Facebook bigx and rex?

#127 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Nooben i dont think so if you would not mind could you PM me your profile? 

#128 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Done deal. :tup:

#129 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Fantastic, the Hoplite has some Viking Companions. 

What should we call these little "Round Tables?" Round table is not "epic enough"

#130 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Outline for the first show. ROUGH DRAFT

I want to set up a Community Channel "Members Club" On the forum to compliment the show. From that thread we can organize shows, get guests on the show as well as review submitted content to be featured on the show such as member made video's useful/interesting threads or awesome pictures.

The show is simply going to be paintball talk. Just like at the field, we can cover everything from gear to events to just about anything paintball related. The main goal of the show is to promote the forum and the content put out by its members IE us. 

As for who will be able to participate during our web shows that I hope we can do AT LEAST every 2 weeks IEALLY weekly that will also be determined in the Community Channel Club thread. I hope it will be a revolving door with both frequent participants and new faces, everyone is welcome to take part in the show, although I would like to cap the number of people in at once. I think 5 or 6 members would be ideal I do believe Rex is figuring out the capabilities of google plus hangouts as I write this up, as I have entrusted him with the technical side of the production. 

The "shows" will be recorded "googlehangout" webcam sessions that will then be rendered and edited then uploaded to our community channel. In order to participate in our web show you will have to have a google + account that anyone with a gmail account or a youtube will already have. 

The participating members will introduce themselves, give the viewers a little information about their paintball experience and then we will slowly move into the talking points.

Every show will have a "moderator/host" who will not so much lead the discussion but ensure that we stay relatively on track and the original "script" is adhered too. 

The Kickoff show will be much less structured where we will take some time to introduce what the show is as well as introduce the Community Channel "Thread" and explain what we are all about.

For the first show I think these would be 3 excellent talking points. Something to get the ball rolling.

1: What got you interested in paintball and when did you first learn about it.

2: Why have you stuck with playing paintball.

3: What is your preferred style of paintball and why?

I also hope to feature several videos. Including Limes PM8 Overview, JB's Eflex Review and r45vt's ACT 98s Maintenance Video

From there we can essentially let the discussion run itself. It's quite simple really just like sports radio, pick a subject and roll with it. When it gets stale move to the next subject. Get some healthy discussion and opposing viewpoints and I for one think it has a lot of potential.

So what do you schleps think? I am going to take on the responsibly of running the "Community Channel Club" as well as organizing when we can film shows and who is going to take part in the shows.

So who wants to take part in the FIRST EVER Community Channel "Round Table"

PS We need a better name. 

Edited by bigx, 05 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#131 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

While hangout can have a maximum of 10 participants, for the sake of everything not turning in to a incoherent mess, i think 5 will be our sweetspot.

I also think that doing the show every two weeks is a good compromise. Doing it every week would run us dry of topics quickly. And doing it like once a month would almost kill the interest. 

I call dibs on the second position of the Community Channel Member Club 

I also think that we should have a zero tolerance for inflammatory speech. Be it racist remarks, insult towards other in the call, what have you. One offence, you get kicked of the call. Is this good or is it to harsh?

One more thing that i could think of while writing this post. Everybody who comes on need to be that person that keeps conversation going. As long as you are not interrupting anyone never be afraid of jumping into the conversation and giving your opinion or what have you. In this case quiet moments are bad, quiet moments are boring and uninteresting. Even if you are like me and don't say much in real life, you really have to be able to bring out those public speaking skills. Even when i recorded that little showcase of Open broadcaster i had to do it like five times, because i lost my train of thought or messed up a sentence to much. I'm not trying to scare anyone away. I'm simply saying that if you want to be on the show, you better bring your fucking A-game. Understood? 

o8qo.jpg

#132 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I think that it isn't too harsh of a punishment. If you say a racist remark or anything unprofessional like that then your not only making yourself look bad but the whole techpb community.

Ohio Raiders 

#133 ####AAAAbest###

####AAAAbest###

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

This is a Great idea  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

#134 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Rules on cursing?

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#135 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I don't have a problem with it. This ain't the PBnation roundtable you know?

Edited by Carolus Rex, 05 January 2014 - 07:35 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#136 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Rules on cursing?

Dont be obnoxious about it.

#137 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Here is my bolt stick video.  

It's a quickie.

RDR showed up with a damaged box... not sure if it made it yet.   

My youtube channel:

#138 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

Pulse RDR.  I love it and hate it already.  I really like the overall design aspect of it but hate the exterior plastic, fit and finish on it are horrible.  Some edges are spray painted with color and others aren't.  

Definitely not packaged like a Spire.  

My youtube channel:

#139 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Pulse RDR.  I love it and hate it already.  I really like the overall design aspect of it but hate the exterior plastic, fit and finish on it are horrible.  Some edges are spray painted with color and others aren't.  

Definitely not packaged like a Spire.  

Oh that is just awful. The loader and not your video of course  ;)

o8qo.jpg

#140 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Shoulda coulda boughta rotor. 

#141 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

It's actually an interesting design.  Aside from the absolute shit fit and finish it's fairly simple.  Definitely not a tool-less tear down once the tray is removed.  Anything past cleaning or battery change you need a philips and a clean work area.

I wanted to try it out for the chrono feature. It would help me make sure all my markers work before I hit the field.  The last time I brought friends I had 2 markers drop before we made it to the field.  

Did a tear down on it already.  Downloading the video now, might even have it loaded tonight.

Edited by r45vt, 07 January 2014 - 01:24 AM.

My youtube channel:

#142 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

The forum is back online! 

I'm just gonna throw a time out there and see if it works for the rest of you. Is 22.00/10.00 pm UTC +1/Central European Time any good?

Everyone is welcome. I'll be going to bed right now so i'll check back in a couple of hours. 

o8qo.jpg

#143 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

I want to get the first round table up and running for this friday afternoon? Say 1500 East Coast Time?'

Who's down for it? 

#144 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

That will be perfect, to me at least  :P

o8qo.jpg

#145 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

That's 3:00 p.m. in my time zone and unfortunately that won't work. I could like five hours later though... Saturday would work better.

Ohio Raiders 

#146 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Since my parents are out of town and i'm home alone i could do it a lot later if necessary. 

o8qo.jpg

#147 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

That's 3:00 p.m. in my time zone and unfortunately that won't work. I could like five hours later though... Saturday would work better.

its 3 pm for me as well. Im not working that day haha. 

Although 5 would work too. 

#148 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

No I meant 8-8:30 would be better as in 5 hours after 3:00 not 5:00. Although Saturday would be ideal.

Ohio Raiders 

#149 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Saturday evening? 

#150 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Here is another video. I think I have 4 on the RDR now.  Just a quick one on the operation.

My youtube channel:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users