• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Onyuka

Onyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi guys , i started doing paintball about 3 months ago, and i would buy my first marker for christmas, my budget is about 200€ and i was thinking about a second hand etek 4 but i'm not sure, what do you think ? 

Edited by Onyuka, 16 December 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#2 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Etek is a solid marker, if your looking used I would also suggest the Vice, v1 victory, or even the Etek 3 if you want to save some money. Welcome to the forums

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I highly recommend looking into used older high end guns. There are many excellent guns you can get for under ~ $300 USD/200€. Guns like older DMs, Marqs, Droids, etc. Those will be much better than any Etek, in my opinion.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 December 2013 - 03:39 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

If you want a work horse for 300 the etek would be your best choice, but first, what do you want in the marker? Smooth and quiet or a super efficient workhorse. The axe is like a mix of the two and can be had for 300 but the ergos May not be for you as they are really hit or miss, if you are ok with the ergos the axe is really good. The drone dx is really good two. Those would be my choices
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

↑ While those are decent guns, they are all still mid-range options. Used older high ends will offer better features/quality per cost.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

What mask, tank and hopper do you have?

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

↑ While those are decent guns, they are all still mid-range options. Used older high ends will offer better features/quality per cost.

While I agree in theory, I really like a new gun with warranty and good CS for a newer player. Some people are less fond of the Etek than others. If I had to replace my electro right now, it is probably what I would choose as well.

This is important.

Edited by Sydarm, 17 December 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#8 Onyuka

Onyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

I have no tank and hopper; my mask is a dye i4. Anyway when me and my mates practice there if you dont have a hopper or tank or both they lend you them

#9 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have no tank and hopper; my mask is a dye i4. Anyway when me and my mates practice there if you dont have a hopper or tank or both they lend you them

Man those I4's look good. Too bad I have such a huge melon head that half of my face hangs out :-(

I will leave the inevitable admonitions to invest in tank and hopper first (prior to getting a marker) to those who are more experienced, smarter, (and probably better looking) than me.

Edit: my avatar is actually a photo of me, you can see how my chin might protrude from underneath the i4 (grin).

Edited by Brook, 17 December 2013 - 04:09 PM.

...um...I have another stupid question...

#10 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Defiantly look into the hopper tank ordeal. Get your own tank and hopper you take care of and then go on from there. You could get a good tank and hopper for around 160-80. I would obviously recommend a 68/4500 and like a invert halo too. Get that set then look into a marker.

Hey Jack! It's on like Donkey Kong

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#11 Onyuka

Onyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

I highly recommend looking into used older high end guns. There are many excellent guns you can get for under ~ $300 USD/200€. Guns like older DMs, Marqs, Droids, etc. Those will be much better than any Etek, in my opinion.

At the field where i play , a guy is selling a dye nt 10 for 300€ , is it a good deal ?

#12 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

NT's have been known to be finicky, and require a lot of maintenance, but its not a bad deal. i have seen them go for cheaper though 
and like everyone else here, get a good tank and a good hopper before you look for a marker

good tank + good loader + rental marker > good marker + shake and shoot + cheap tank or CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users