Photo

Could paintball use airsoft AEG technology?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was just thinking today and I have both an airsoft gun, and obviously a paintball marker. I was thinking, if a marker could use the same motor in the grip/gear set technology to fire paint. The only thing that needs to be incorporated in is the aid of HPA. I am going to go into research mode and tool around with some internal designs. Where could I find info about regs? I also will be accepting some body designs if you guys would like to post some in here. Maybe I could make a couple if they are successful! Let me know what you guys think. 

How an AEG Airsoft gun works

Also note the motor would be a traditional motor type you would find in a hopper or cd player but strong like bull  :P

Hey Jack! It's on like Donkey Kong

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#2 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

I believe your kinda over thinking the concept. But why not just use a bigger barrel and a higher tensions spring and faster motor with more torque?

#3 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

I wouldn't want to do that at all. Electronics of that sort are so much more to need to keep working, and many more parts to break.

#4 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

been tried it wasnt very fast the battery didnt last long a .68 paintball compared to a airsoft 6mm pellet is a huge diffrence in power needed

it was  the nps evolt it could do 6bps for 500 shots using aeg style batteries

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#5 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Couldn't the motor just control the bolt? What would project the paintball would be HPA

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

And airsoft guns break all the time. Cause they aren't exactly a great design. Or well made. Airsoft guns to me are toys, paintball markers are actual sporting goods. Its like comparing a putter for mini golf to a set of expensive golf clubs. Paintball guns are designed the way they are cause it works. Using gears and more springs than we need to is going backwards in technology in my opinion.

#7 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

And airsoft guns break all the time. Cause they aren't exactly a great design. Or well made. Airsoft guns to me are toys, paintball markers are actual sporting goods. Its like comparing a putter for mini golf to a set of expensive golf clubs. Paintball guns are designed the way they are cause it works. Using gears and more springs than we need to is going backwards in technology in my opinion.

This. 

The reason I see paintball as an actual sporting good item is because there is a bigger risk. You have to carry around a compressed bomb next to your shoulder and improper usage can end your life. Improper usage of an airsoft gun is losing an eye or choking to death because you shot your friend in the throat. 

Another point - Why have the motor if you're attaching a air tank to it? Whats the point of the air if you have a motor that is already pushing the bolt? The air tanks would do nothing in terms of helping with FPS. It seems like a waste of parts and time and money to even attempt. 

#8 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

The motor eliminates any air use for the bolt... giving the gun 100% efficiency.

#9 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

The motor eliminates any air use for the bolt... giving the gun 100% efficiency.

But increases complexity, adds another battery you have to worry about, and really doesn't help you in any way. If you want more efficiency or air, just get a bigger tank or use a better marker.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#10 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

Why? What possible advantages could this hold over say an Axe? On a cocker, the volume of air used to cycle the penues is about 1/20th of that used to fire a single ball. Why would this slight increase in efficiency warranty the extra complexity of an electric system? Sell me your idea!

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#11 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

This seems to be a bad idea, the airsofters are trying to use paintball tech. (Polarstar)

If they are trying to use our tech, we apparently have the better technology.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#12 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

This seems to be a bad idea, the airsofters are trying to use paintball tech. (Polarstar)

If they are trying to use our tech, we apparently have the better technology.

Not necessarily. Paintball technology is compatible with airsoft, airsoft technology is not compatible with paintball because the larger and heavier projectile.  

o8qo.jpg

#13 K.YO

K.YO

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

been tried it wasnt very fast the battery didnt last long a .68 paintball compared to a airsoft 6mm pellet is a huge diffrence in power needed
it was  the nps evolt it could do 6bps for 500 shots using aeg style batteries

I remember that.I thought that would be pretty cool

No, I plan to Gears of War roll into a hut, shoot a motherfucker right in the face, one arm cock that bitch like on the movies and blow a cowering 9 year old right out the goddamn window while yelling hufuckingzah bitches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users