8 replies to this topic

#1 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

I am dreaming of getting a remote line (for my yet to be realized G-1 with a blackheart board), but I have heard advice against remote lines...

• It unbalances the marker. Is this true of a G-1 with a stock on it?
  • It inhibits ambidextrous firing. Is it possible to get a remote line long enough so that it emerges from the front of your vest at your belly button? Is it wise or safe to chain remote lines together?

Thanks!

...um...I have another stupid question...

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think when people say a remote unbalances a gun, they're talking about putting a remote on a regular gun with no stock. In the case of a gun with a stock, I'd say using a remote is better than using a tank on the gun.

There are straight and coiled remotes, you'd probably have to get a coiled remote for that extra length.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I've personally used a coiled line on an a5 air balling and woodsballing, it doesn't completely prevent ambidextrous firing. You just feel the line tighter wrapping around your side is all.

Like mentioned above, having a stock and a tank on your marker is more unbalancing than a remote line and a stock.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Personally I think tanks are better than stocks because it is very hard to shoulder and aim a firearms style stock with a mask on. Paintball barrels arent long enough to use the end of the barrel as an aim point when shouldering a stock without putting your cheek against the stock either like with a shotgun and even with those a vheek weld is preferable.

A tank however is attached at a lower point on the marker and allows for a much better aiming stamce/form IMO.

Im a smaller guy so maybe others have better luck with stocks.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 December 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#5 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

I use a remote line and I love it. It can be complicated to attach/detach but when you're playing with it, it works fine.

Just make sure you have someplace good to store the tank.

#6 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

I found the remote line just adds one more potential fail point to your system (maybe just bad luck but i always had issues). I play off handed a lot and while the coil would stretch I just didn't like the feel (completely personal preference). While I know a lot of people like them I have just found they are not worth the headache.

I would suggest you run a few games with a stock before getting one (if you haven't already done so). They always feel really good in the store when you don't have a mask on but are a very different story with a mask. In my opinion it is much harder to aim with a stock as opposed to having a tank. The lower attachment point for the tank allows you to aim down your marker with a mask on. Something you can't do with a stock. Lastly when you have the tank locked into your shoulder it is very easy to make fine adjustments to your shot and I believe put more rounds on target.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

I found the remote line just adds one more potential fail point to your system (maybe just bad luck but i always had issues). I play off handed a lot and while the coil would stretch I just didn't like the feel (completely personal preference). While I know a lot of people like them I have just found they are not worth the headache.

I would suggest you run a few games with a stock before getting one (if you haven't already done so). They always feel really good in the store when you don't have a mask on but are a very different story with a mask. In my opinion it is much harder to aim with a stock as opposed to having a tank. The lower attachment point for the tank allows you to aim down your marker with a mask on. Something you can't do with a stock. Lastly when you have the tank locked into your shoulder it is very easy to make fine adjustments to your shot and I believe put more rounds on target.

Amen.

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

It also scares the shit out of people in the staging area when you don't know how the valve up top works and make an involuntary fire extinguisher out of your C02 tank.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 06 January 2014 - 01:16 AM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#9 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

I used a stock on a sp-1 (old version of the g1) and I played without it also, personally I ended up basically ditching the hose and using a tank
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users