10 replies to this topic

#1 arkenfight4saw

arkenfight4saw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hello all,

Deciding to buy a pair of paintball pants and jersey.

Budget is a concern for me.

I am looking at the 2014 empire prevail pants, and am just wondering about the differences from the 2012 model.

Also any suggestions for a good jersey would be great.

Thanks.

My setup: Tippy 98 custom pro, guardian 48/3000 tank, e-flex, and PROTO PRIMO (best hopper EVER)

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Dont worry about a jersey, theyre pointless except for team uniformity. My suggestion would be to get some kneepads and elbow pads before either of these. Planet Eclipse are excellent. You could use some BDU or cargo pants (lots of national-level tournament players use pants like these by choice). Remember, pads protect you, jerseys and pants are a luxury (more durable knees/elbows, mesh ventilation, LIGHT padding to get paint to bounce rather than break).

To answer your question about the pants, everyone that I know that has the Prevail pants has had durability issues with them. I would suggest a pair of Exalt pants or an older year model of Planet Eclipse, Dye or Empire pants if there are some still available in your size. (I wear Exalt pants and they are my favorite along with many local players and memebers of this site). Nothimg really changes on each year of pants other than aesthetics or small changes like buckle or zipper placement.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 19 December 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#3 arkenfight4saw

arkenfight4saw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.

My setup: Tippy 98 custom pro, guardian 48/3000 tank, e-flex, and PROTO PRIMO (best hopper EVER)

#4 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

What he said knee pads and elbow pads with pants + t shirt = division 1 practice wear.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

What he said knee pads and elbow pads with pants + t shirt = division 1 practice wear.

So true, best guys around here dress like paintballer bums haha

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Very true^

Also, I recommend looking at Disruptive Gen 2 Pants for about 100 dollars. Great balance in weight, durability, and breathability.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 arkenfight4saw

arkenfight4saw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

KK orange chicken will take a look at them.

Also sorta amazed that the pros practice in only knee and elbow pads.

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

Well at some point you realize all that stuff doesn't matter too much, especially during practice. Some of the best players at my field have pants, pads, and a t shirt.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Jerseys are like wearing blankets in the summer and theyre practicing soo they dont care about gettimg bounces.

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Jerseys are like wearing blankets in the summer and theyre practicing soo they dont care about gettimg bounces.

Yea they'll just wipe it off anyways haha

And if you are serous about getting into paintball, or you slide a decent amount I'd advise that you skip prevails, they'll rip in the first 6 months of owning them, they do not handle being washed well either, the iron on logo's will come off in a short amount of time not to mention that the stitching is alittle sketchy as well, what I mean by that is although it looks the same as whats in higher quality pants it doesn't seem to hold up as long. 

109.gif

#11 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I went through 2 pairs before the ones I retired. Personally I would agree playdoh but I opted for one of those older prevail jerseys, works for practices since they are very light.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users