G.I. Employee1

• Professional Player
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

GISportzlogo_zps4586ebfc.png

G.I. Sportz Acquires Tippmann Sports
Leading paintball brands come together to create new industry powerhouse

December 20, 2013 G.I. Sportz is pleased to announce it has acquired Tippmann Sports, bringing together two iconic paintball companies. This transaction combines the industrys leading brands of paint (GI Sportz and DXS), markers (Tippmann and GI Victus), goggles (Vforce) and accessories together under one roof creating a global industry one stop shop.

This fulfills a longtime dream of bringing together the industrys best product innovators and leading brands to create a dominant industry player owned and operated by paintball players, said Richmond Italia, Chairman and CEO of G.I. Sportz.

By combining the resources of two companies that manufacture products in North America, well be able to serve the paintball industry in new and exciting ways while continuing our dedication to leading-edge products and unmatched customer support said Denny Tippmann Jr., President of Tippmann Sports.

Both Richmond and Denny Jr. agree that its time paintball comes back home. Made in AMERICA, run by PAINTBALL PLAYERS.

Please click on the link below to hear Richmond and Denny further discuss the transaction.

[video]

GIampTippmanncombojpg_zpsb9fcdb1e.png

Edited by G.I. Employee1, 20 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#2 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Well I certainly didn't see that coming.

I love you.

#3 DyeNut

DyeNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Definitely a surprising turn of events there. A relatively new company owning Tippmann, one of the oldest names in commercial paintball. Sort of an odd partnership, with GI Sportz being tourney centralized and Tippmann all woods. That said, both companies can feed off each others specialities. It's going to be interesting to see where this goes in the future. 

The President of Tippmann didn't look too excited about it haha. 

#4 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

So its official now, waiting to see if this is a positive or negative for the industry.

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

this will be good for feilds, lots of feilds use GI paint, and tippman rentals.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

That's because he'd only been in the role for about 6 months.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#7 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I just want GI 50 cal guns in 68 is that to much to as for

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

So you want... Ions and Spyders and Impulses?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 20 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

They did come out in 68, before they came out in 50. lol

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

I thought it would've been the other way around to be honest haha

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#11 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well the big money is in paint sales something Tippmann doesn't have.   I think that it is good to have Tippmann owned by a paintball brand company instead of just an investment company

#12 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well the big money is in paint sales something Tippmann doesn't have(paint sales).   I think that it is good to have Tippmann owned by a paintball brand company instead of just an investment company

#13 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

That's true but Tippmann is just so much more well known then G.I I would've thought that TIppmann would acquire G.I for paint instead of G.I getting Tippmann for ... Everything else.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#14 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

It always worries me when there are less paintball companies in the sport. However, these two companies weren't really in direct competition for the most part. I think that both companies will benefit from this buyout, it will be interesting to see what happens. As far as I'm concerned there are two major players in paintball right now: KEE and GI Sportz. These two companies are leading the industry in sponsorships and they both make most of the paint used in paintball today. Look at this past season, almost EVERY team was a G.I Sportz or KEE supported team, It was insane. 

Edited by LegionPB, 21 December 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#15 lobes

lobes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I just hope the QA process is better with this change. I purchased two tippies in 2012 and both had internal issues from the factory. Tippmann serviced both no questions asked but to open a box and then ship it back was unacceptable to me. I wish them the best of luck because in paintball there going to need it.

#16 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I just hope the QA process is better with this change. I purchased two tippies in 2012 and both had internal issues from the factory. Tippmann serviced both no questions asked but to open a box and then ship it back was unacceptable to me. I wish them the best of luck because in paintball there going to need it.

I. I don't. What?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#17 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

It always worries me when there are less paintball companies in the sport. However, these two companies weren't really in direct competition for the most part. I think that both companies will benefit from this buyout, it will be interesting to see what happens. As far as I'm concerned there are two major players in paintball right now: KEE and GI Sportz. These two companies are leading the industry in sponsorships and they both make most of the paint used in paintball today. Look at this past season, almost EVERY team was a G.I Sportz or KEE supported team, It was insane.

I agree with this 100%. I just have to wonder what's going to happen to smaller companies with just as large of followings like dye, kingman, & bob long now. Picturing them being bought out now seem ridiculous, but people said the same about invert & tippmann...
I am a raccoon.

#18 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

I agree with this 100%. I just have to wonder what's going to happen to smaller companies with just as large of followings like dye, kingman, & bob long now. Picturing them being bought out now seem ridiculous, but people said the same about invert & tippmann...

Kingman was just bought out by Kee.  I also think it's interesting that people are forgetting about Valken, which is really the third leg of the large competing companies.  They are still in the process of incorporating Sly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made the next acquisition move.

#19 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Kingman was just bought out by Kee.  I also think it's interesting that people are forgetting about Valken, which is really the third leg of the large competing companies.  They are still in the process of incorporating Sly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made the next acquisition move.

I wouldn't consider Valken a major competitor by any means (at the moment). I don't think they are a joke but they aren't on the same level as KEE or G.I. Sportz. You have to understand just how small Sly was when it was bought out, they didn't have huge product lines. Kingman and Tippmann both had a massive product line and have been in the business for a hot minute. Right now Valken is focusing their efforts on reviving the now dead NPPL into the APL. Companies often use the "expand or die" method which actually works well. For instance DYE has many other things it invests in & does besides paintball guns/gear: (snow gear & machining just about anything you can think of). Competition keeps prices low and innovation running at 100%. If the sport continues to lose competition between companies things could get ugly, and stale. However, if you look at the past few years, companies have developing (at an amazing rate) tons of new gear, not to mention we've seen some companies grow at a stellar rate (HK Army). I'm excited for paintballs future, as long as tough competition is around we will continue to see the sport we adore and love grow. 

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Definitely a surprising turn of events there. A relatively new company owning Tippmann, one of the oldest names in commercial paintball. Sort of an odd partnership, with GI Sportz being tourney centralized and Tippmann all woods. That said, both companies can feed off each others specialities. It's going to be interesting to see where this goes in the future. 

GI was Draxxus which has been around for a looong time.

#21 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't consider Valken a major competitor by any means (at the moment). I don't think they are a joke but they aren't on the same level as KEE or G.I. Sportz. You have to understand just how small Sly was when it was bought out, they didn't have huge product lines. Kingman and Tippmann both had a massive product line and have been in the business for a hot minute. Right now Valken is focusing their efforts on reviving the now dead NPPL into the APL. Companies often use the "expand or die" method which actually works well. For instance DYE has many other things it invests in & does besides paintball guns/gear: (snow gear & machining just about anything you can think of). Competition keeps prices low and innovation running at 100%. If the sport continues to lose competition between companies things could get ugly, and stale. However, if you look at the past few years, companies have developing (at an amazing rate) tons of new gear, not to mention we've seen some companies grow at a stellar rate (HK Army). I'm excited for paintballs future, as long as tough competition is around we will continue to see the sport we adore and love grow. 

Well, I agree with all that.  I guess my point was that Valken is the only other major company that offers soft goods, masks, multiple markers, a loader, and a variety of paint types.  I guess now that Dye has paint domestically in the US that they boast the same product coverage (though I often forget they have paint).  So in my mind there are four big companies that offer everything: Dye, GI Sportz, Kee, and Valken.  Eclipse is close but no loader nor paint.  HK Army is also close but no loader, no paint, and their marker/loader releases are in development.

#22 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

GI was Draxxus which has been around for a looong time.

Draxxus hellfire is the best fucking paint ever created

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#23 Woodsballer_51

Woodsballer_51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

I've heard about it sounds good G.I. Sports and tippmann coming together.Their qualities mixed will be interesting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users