• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 powerhouse

powerhouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

why do ppl not like dangerous power? I find nothing wrong with their products. Just curious to know why, feel free to say it how u feel it

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Many of their guns have leaks and bolt stick out of the box and are very unreliable. They also have rather poor customer service which doesn't help
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Because people are dumb and love a good bandwagon. I'll admit it, they have had some QC issues, due to the switch in ownership (refer to AoSpades' write up on that), but overall I stand by my initial statement.

#4 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

I speak purely from experience here. I know 3 people that have had G4s and each one of them either leaked or had bolt stick. DP did nothing to help them, so I will not encourage anyone to buy any of their markers
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#5 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

I speak purely from experience here. I know 3 people that have had G4s and each one of them either leaked or had bolt stick. DP did nothing to help them, so I will not encourage anyone to buy any of their markers

I too have seen two G4's leak out of the box and the look on their face when the excitement turned to disappointment sickened me. DP has made some half decent markers in the passed but they strongly need to improve their quality control and customer service. 

#6 Frizzle Fry

Frizzle Fry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have owned a Threshold which I loved...

That said, I took a barely used Fusion in trade which needed constant rebuilds, won a G3 which never worked properly out of the box, and bought two "loaner" E1s which never worked properly either.

My friends shop had a 90% return rate on DP products due to all manner of issues. They started airing each gun they recieved and testing them before putting them on the wall or shelf, and found that almost all of them needed a rebuild from the factory, and that many had bad threading, cheap fittings or tolerance issues which made the markers anything from "finicky" to "useless". The customer service was shoddy and the hassle of replacement as a dealer was too much. They cut all ties with DP and now refuse to service them, or even purchase their used markers from customers (they don't want to have to warranty them). That's where I got my two E1s sold "for parts" having only been aired once and never fired, $75 for the pair which both leaked like sieves even after being rebuilt.

From what I was told by my friend the shop/field-owner, though I can't guarantee this to be fact, DP keeps its prices low by removing QC testing from their marker assembly process completely for mid- and low-range markers, and relying on returns and warranty repairs to weed out issues. According to him they do some basic factory-line QC sorting for individual parts and components but markers are not aired and tested when assembled (some arrived without certain internal o-rings in place, others with incomplete solenoid assemblies). This was about two years ago, maybe thing have changed (or never were) but it sounds pretty plausible to me, based on my experience with their markers.

*I should say I've had great luck with their RAPS lever ASA system... I have a 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen and they work perfectly. Slick little system.

Edited by Frizzle Fry, 22 December 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#7 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

My experience has been great thus far. Yes mine did have a leak on the macro line but I just had it swapped for steel braid instead. Works great so far and have not had ANY problems with it. Works like a charm and I for one baby my equipment so hopefully it will stay that way.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

I dunno about you guys, but my 2 G3s, 2 G3 SEs and Rev-i have all been awesome, 100% of the time.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#9 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

My G4 had a macro line leak but I just reseated it. Then the bolt o-ring went hard and caused bolt stick. It hadn't been o-ringed in 4 years though.

#10 lobes

lobes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

My only experience with DP was a threshold which was beautiful gun but suffered from bolt stick. Tried all the possible remedies back then but nothing would cure it for long so she had to go. I think a lot of people are like me, they try a company once have a bad experience and you never go back. I don't care how cool a DP product may look or how flawless anyone says about them I will only remember the days the gun quite working in the middle of the game.

#11 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

Only issue I ever had with my G3 was every single screw, minus the grip and board screws, constantly unscrewed themselves. The back cap would unscrew itself, the barrel would unscrew itself, the grip frame screws would unscrew themselves, even the solenoid screws would unscrew themselves. I have absolutely no idea why and have never ever heard of anyone having the same issue. I even put blue loctite on the grip frame screws and let it dry for a week before I used it, and they still unscrewed themselves. It baffles me to this day. It's a pain in the ass having to screw everything back together, and having to completely remove the grip frame because the solenoid screws unscrewed themselves so far that the grip frame won't fit properly. And I'd have to screw everything back together every single game, and sometimes even had to screw in the back cap mid game. It didn't matter how tightly I screwed everything together, it would constantly unscrew itself. Really got tired of having to fix it every single game, or have the body of my marker flopping back and forth from the weight of the hopper, since the grip frame screws undid themselves and I'd forget to screw it back together.

So I switched to Automags and never looked back.

#12 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I've seen just about every problem that Fizzle Fry talked about happen on the field.

A store in my area used to sell them; they really tried to push sales the G4 and E1. Then after a while of something like an 80% return rate they now refuse to sell anything made by dangerous power at all.

Some of the common issues include:

- Bolt stick out of the box

- Leaking out of the box

- Leaking macro line fittings

- macro line not cut straight

- RAPS asa destroying orings, then leaking

- RAPS asa lever bending

- Solenoid not working after a short time of use

Sure a lot of these problems are fixable, most of them won't take more then a few mins to fix.

But why would you want to buy a gun notoriously bad for problems when you can get one that isn't?

#13 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

I reallllly want to say something. But, I don't think even Bengay could handle the amount of butthurt I would cause.

I'll just keep it short and simple. He majority of people who hate on Dangerous Power haven't even owned any of the markers Dangerous Power has produced. The other majority are people who have owned one but treated it like complete crap and simply didn't/don't know the basics of marker maintenance.

Moreover you are going to see a much greater percentage of people in forums complaining about markers going down than you will see people praising how great a marker is performing for them.

In other words if you know how to take care of a marker, then a Dangerous power marker won't give you much issue. Even if it does, replacement parts are cheapy cheap.

Edited by AoSpades, 22 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#14 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I reallllly want to say something. But, I don't think even Bengay could handle the amount of butthurt I would cause.

I'll just keep it short and simple. He majority of people who hate on Dangerous Power haven't even owned any of the markers Dangerous Power has produced. The other majority are people who have owned one but treated it like complete crap and simply didn't/don't know the basics of marker maintenance.

Moreover you are going to see a much greater percentage of people in forums complaining about markers going down than you will see people praising how great a marker is performing for them.

In other words if you know how to take care of a marker, then a Dangerous power marker won't give you much issue. Even if it does, replacement parts are cheapy cheap.

Any ideas on what caused the issue in my post?

#15 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Any ideas on what caused the issue in my post?
I've had your situation happen to me with other markers. My Victory does it quite often and it has happened a few times with a Legend and a Black Magic pump. I've never had it happen to any of my DP markers though. The only thing I can think of that would make that happen is either the wearing down of the screw threading, wearing down of the gun's tapped threadings, wearing down of both, or in your case it would seem to just be a bad screw tap all around.

Edited by AoSpades, 22 December 2013 - 11:59 PM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#16 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

could be a dull tap or a tiny bit to long in the acid bath for anno,had a lcd that had been redone one to many times and had the same issue with unscrewing

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#17 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I have had bad loc-tite. It never dried and my LPR kept backing out on my SR. Another loc-tite fixed it right up.

#18 Frizzle Fry

Frizzle Fry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

The other majority are people who have owned one but treated it like complete crap and simply didn't/don't know the basics of marker maintenance.

That doesn't really jive with what people have experienced, though. How can not knowing "the basics of marker maintenance" account for sloppy tolerances or off-spec threading? I tend to believe it when people complain about leaks, if only because I experienced it myself with four markers from the same manufacturer, never mind that this store dealt with dozens of them failing right out of the box. It seems only person who could have possibly mistreated a brand new marker is the person who assembled it.

The only thing I can say about marker maintenance is that my Threshold (man, loved that gun) suffered from serious bolt stick if it wasn't lubricated before every day of play. I can't say for sure, mostly because I've never owned another DP spoolie that actually worked, but I'd assume the same is true of their other guns. To me that wasn't a problem because I loved it and I'm very meticulous in my care for my markers, but I could see how it could be a pain for the average user... There are plenty of well-appointed electros in that price range which can offer the same function without the need to tear down and lube after every case to maintain that level of performance. What might be called "treating like complete crap" when it comes to maintenance for a DP marker is standard for, say, a Mini, Rail, Etek or Etha, all of which can go 5+ cases with only basic cleaning and not really suffer for it. Does that make DP worthy of "hate", probably not, but I could see it steering some customers elsewhere, especially those less experienced who need a more user-friendly marker.

#19 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

When I called DP about a leaking RAPS, they offered to sell me an o-ring and ship it to me for twelve dollars. I asked if it was a standard size that I might already have. They would only quote me the metric dimensions, and said they couldn't say whether it matched something else. Compare that to Kee: Twice when I've contacted Kee, they've sent me replacement parts for free, for products that weren't even under warranty. Not hard to choose which company I'd rather do business with.

#20 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

When I called DP about a leaking RAPS, they offered to sell me an o-ring and ship it to me for twelve dollars. I asked if it was a standard size that I might already have. They would only quote me the metric dimensions, and said they couldn't say whether it matched something else. Compare that to Kee: Twice when I've contacted Kee, they've sent me replacement parts for free, for products that weren't even under warranty. Not hard to choose which company I'd rather do business with.

While I had no problems that required me contacting DP Kee's customer service is top notch, sending parts without asking questions for warranty on my prophecy that was over 5 years old was nuts. It was a no brainier to pick up an Axe.

Your story is the all too often told by people who call them.

I find the 90% failure rate story hard to believe even considering macro line leaks. None of the shop owners I frequent say anything negative about them aside from their customer service. No reworking out of the box.

Edited by r45vt, 23 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#21 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

I've had your situation happen to me with other markers. My Victory does it quite often and it has happened a few times with a Legend and a Black Magic pump. I've never had it happen to any of my DP markers though. The only thing I can think of that would make that happen is either the wearing down of the screw threading, wearing down of the gun's tapped threadings, wearing down of both, or in your case it would seem to just be a bad screw tap all around.

That's one thing I loved about my Automag, never had to do anything to it. I refuse to use a marker that unscrews itself constantly, it's annoying as hell. I want to set my marker down and then pick it back up 10 minutes later without having to do anything to it.

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

I dunno about you guys, but my 2 G3s, 2 G3 SEs and Rev-i have all been awesome, 100% of the time.

because thats when DP was good. most of the shit people are complaining about are things that happened after amazone inc. bought them out.

Lulzjustacat.png

#23 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Are you kidding me? I've seen as much hate on the G3s as I have the G4s.

Fear is the mind-killer

#24 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

I always saw more hate on the G4 than on the G3, because of the whole bolt stick right out of the box. But that's because I came into the paintball scene after they fixed the issues they were having with the G3, and released the G3-IQ, and a lot of people seemed to really like the G3-IQ as a beginner gun. But with the G4 it seems to be just constant hate with no letting up like there was a let up with the G3.

#25 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

I just hope all the tales of the RAPS2 tearing up orings are unfounded. Bought one for my Rail.

#26 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

I just hope all the tales of the RAPS2 tearing up orings are unfounded. Bought one for my Rail.

I never ever had a single issue with my RAPS ASA. If I had to guess, I'd say it was user error, rather than something wrong with the ASA itself. Or user caused damage is what caused the ASA to tear o-rings, and the user blamed it on the ASA rather than on themself. Just make sure the o-rings are properly lubricated, properly placed, and you shouldn't have any issues.

#27 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

I never ever had a single issue with my RAPS ASA. If I had to guess, I'd say it was user error, rather than something wrong with the ASA itself. Or user caused damage is what caused the ASA to tear o-rings, and the user blamed it on the ASA rather than on themself. Just make sure the o-rings are properly lubricated, properly placed, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Perfect. Of course my wife insists on wrapping it for Christmas, so I can't even mount it yet.

#28 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

<Insert some horribly offensive and overly sexual joke about mounting someone.>

I'm lazy, you do it. :P

#29 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

The very first time I screwed in my air tank into the raps it got stuck and I ended up calling DP to see what they might be able to do to help, even advice. They told me, "It was not their problem." and hung up on me.

Called up Kee, sent in the tank and cRAPS, and got a brand new tank in the mail a week later. 

Called up DP after that to see if I could order a raps the same color as the one that was on my marker from them and they told me, "No freebies and to find one used." Then hung up on me again. Different guy even.

No bolt stick in the G4, but DP can seriously go eat a gym bag full of d**ks. No bandwagon here, pure 100% negative experiences.

#30 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

I hate to hate on DP(does that make sense?)

I have had two DP F8s utterly fail on me. So that kind of killed my faith in them. Plus I don' think I've ever seen a d G3/4 work properly. But that's just my experience with them.

40k-1.png

#31 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

So, I opened my RAPS2 yesterday and found both side ports were plugged. No 90 deg fitting. This would not be so bad if the factory had not used Loc-Tite on both. They're stuck so hard, they chewed up one of my allen keys and made it useless. Looks like I'm going to find out first hand how bad DP's customer service really is.

#32 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,112 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

thats just cause the g3 is designed poorly .... :0

Edited by cockerpunk, 26 December 2013 - 10:34 AM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#33 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

The two G3's I owned as so damn terrible I'd rather have a stock Ion. And god forbid you even think about contacting DP about your problem, you might get a half-assed reply if you're really lucky.
I'm in the same boat as CdnNinja, I've never seen any DP marker work without issues one single day, and I've seen a lot of them.

And that ASA they have, my god it's terrible, it pops open in slides more than the '09 Impulse snaps feednecks.

Edited by Nobben #44, 26 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#34 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

You love the G3, don't lie.

Fear is the mind-killer

#35 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

You love the G3, don't lie.

But of course! Who doesn't love a leaking marker that breaks everything you put in it and the bolt sticks about 7 times per loader? :P

#36 Tubby1423

Tubby1423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pdpELsrM-3k Just watch this. all of it.

#37 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

i have to wonder if its a regional problem... friend of mine loves DP guns and couldnt figure out why we hate em ( im in frizzle frys area) he tried teching a couple of g4s from people here and was stumped why they were so bad couldnt get em working right

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#38 Frizzle Fry

Frizzle Fry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

i have to wonder if its a regional problem... friend of mine loves DP guns and couldnt figure out why we hate em ( im in frizzle frys area) he tried teching a couple of g4s from people here and was stumped why they were so bad couldnt get em working right

Remember the brand new one where the eye cover snapped and we ended up holding it on with a daisy chain of O-rings? And his friends kept popping the back cap off. I'd forgotten that completely. Oh, and ask Pierce why they decided to stop carrying DP - it's a lot funnier the way he tells it; there are all sorts of expletives ya just can't repeat on the forums.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pdpELsrM-3k Just watch this. all of it.

It's funny he should say the board and trigger were the big issues with the G3 - I've always heard that the boards and solenoids were supposed to be rock solid. Gotta love a factory-fresh marker that needs a full teardown/lube, Loctite all around to keep from shaking apart, only to shoot between +/-7 over the chronograph and bring the phrase "heavy kick" to the spoolie market LOL

Anyhow, am I wrong to inherently dislike any paintball company who has "dangerous" in their name? Bad press has always hurt this industry - what a dumb name.

Edited by Frizzle Fry, 28 December 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#39 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

I don't like Dangerous Power because of some very poor out of the box experiences with them, and even more issues with their customer service...but that's water under the bridge and the older members of the forum don't want to hear me complain about them anymore, nor do i care to complain about them anymore...

Dangerous Power has their issues...there are just a lot of people that are more vocal about them. It was the same issues with Smart Parts, i never once experienced them, but they're one of the most hated companies in the history of paintball.

everything will be okay

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users