13 replies to this topic

#1 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hello All,

So I have the Empire E-Flex, but after getting hit on the jawbone and fogging up the lens I was curious to know what would be a decent upgrade. It looks like most makes don't really cover the full face, but looking into a mask that doesn't fog up as much. Although the E-Flex has vents and I still have the anti fog coating as the mask, this mask has only seen 4 days of play (new player still) and I plan to play night games before going to work as I work graveyard. Any budget mask would be fine, just looking for good recommendations on masks with good ventilation and  possibly full jaw protection.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#2 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

If you want better protection, look into the Vforce Profilers. You will want the dual pane lens (it comes stock with single lens, still didn't fog for me with those).

If you are fogging with an Eflex, I really think you are in a crazy adverse situation (It is a solid goggle system). Also keep in mind that when your face gets low to the ground, especially if there is fresh moisture in the ground, you are much more liable to fog.

#3 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

If you want better protection, look into the Vforce Profilers. You will want the dual pane lens (it comes stock with single lens, still didn't fog for me with those).

If you are fogging with an Eflex, I really think you are in a crazy adverse situation (It is a solid goggle system). Also keep in mind that when your face gets low to the ground, especially if there is fresh moisture in the ground, you are much more liable to fog.

Well the thing is I am a warmblooded person so I generate more heat than normal people would, so if I ever take off my gear I tend to steam up which is hilarious sometimes (makes me believe I'm going super saiyan). It's not a big issue now as I just normally lift the mask a bit and air ventilates, I was also thinking in possibly buying that anti fog wipes/solution to see if that would help any

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

Fogging up the lens? Did you take off the lens protection? Is your lens blue?

#5 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:21 AM

Fogging up the lens? Did you take off the lens protection? Is your lens blue?

Yes I took off that film (as it states to before putting on or replacing lens which I have a mirror lens). I scrimmaged with a vet on our field and he said the same thing, where he had an e-flex but it would start to fog up a bit after hours of play only during night games. He still has the mask but he only uses it during the summer, not when in cold conditions. Also, I live in SoCal so the weather doesn't get too bad but I just find it weird how it started to fog a bit. At first I thought it was a hit on the lens, but I wiped off with a microfiber on my jersey. Next round, the lens was starting to get a bit hazy and I just had to lift the mask off my face a bit to fix it. 

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

The foam between the panes of the lens could be damaged, causing the fog, or the humidity, or your heavy breathing. ALL masks will fog under certain conditions, that's just how nature works. 

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

With my first pair of eflex this has happened. But I think It was because it was either due to me wearing a beanie or because of me using a vforce profiler visor or a combination of both.

But the second pair I got after I sent mine in works like a charm but I wished initially I wpuld have just gotten a pair of proflex (especially with revo ears), i4s, or even just another set of grill.

But protection wise imo proflexes and eflexes takes the cake. But I haven't tried the profilers, klr, or the vio
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I don't know anything about the E-Flexes, but if you're looking for a new mask. I have to echo everyone else and advise the Profilers. Great mask.

#9 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

My experience as an old, out of shape, mouth-breathing sweatmonster is that there's no mask or lens that I cannot fog. I think thermal lenses help with weather-induced fogging, but when you're creating your own personal tropical microclimate inside your goggles, you need more help. Two things I've found to work are fans and anti-fog solution. I like the FlexR fan and FogTech.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 22 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#10 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

The foam between the panes of the lens could be damaged, causing the fog, or the humidity, or your heavy breathing. ALL masks will fog under certain conditions, that's just how nature works. 

I might check the foam inserts to see if they are damaged or not, I do mild heavy breathing but this starts before even going onto the field. I guess it may be due to the weather who knows...

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#11 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

With my first pair of eflex this has happened. But I think It was because it was either due to me wearing a beanie or because of me using a vforce profiler visor or a combination of both.

But the second pair I got after I sent mine in works like a charm but I wished initially I wpuld have just gotten a pair of proflex (especially with revo ears), i4s, or even just another set of grill.

But protection wise imo proflexes and eflexes takes the cake. But I haven't tried the profilers, klr, or the vio

I wore a beanie too, but people said that wearing that or headbands/sandanas would help with your forehead getting to hot?

What's the difference between the E-flex and Proflex? Besides price...

Wow the KLR's really look badass, might see how good these are

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Call Empire, see if they will replace the lens for you. No mask with thermal lenses should fog like that.

#13 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

I don't know anything about the E-Flexes, but if you're looking for a new mask. I have to echo everyone else and advise the Profilers. Great mask.

Thanks for the echo, would need to try out the profilers

My experience as an old, out of shape, mouth-breathing sweatmonster is that there's no mask or lens that I cannot fog. I think thermal lenses help with weather-induced fogging, but when you're creating your own personal tropical microclimate inside your goggles, you need more help. Two things I've found to work are fans and anti-fog solution. I like the FlexR fan and FogTech.

I was thinking of doing that, just to see if it's just my heat of if there is something else wrong with the mask itself

Call Empire, see if they will replace the lens for you. No mask with thermal lenses should fog like that.

I might do that, but may want to fog solutions first before sending as this is my only mask and won't bother to use rentals

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#14 Killer Enraged

Killer Enraged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

I personally have the Sly Profit and absolutely love them. Super comfy, large lens, and never fogged on me. 

Edited by Killer Enraged, 31 December 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Feedback
3|0|0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mask, upgrade, e-flex, proection, new, used

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users