newbie gun setup beginner advice azodin set-up

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hello , I'm new to paintball and I was just wondering, after some ''research'' this is what I've gotten , i'm a beginner. What do you think? 

Going TO PLAY WOODSBALL

-Azodin Kaos

-Proto Primo Loader

-Ninja Hpa tank 48/3000

-Custom Products 1-piece barrel 14in .689\

FUTURE PURCHASES (I need pod pouch and mask)

-Empire Vidar Thermal Mask - 50$

- I need a pod pouch (w/ tank holder would be nice)

I have 75 bucks left I know tht I should of got the mask first and a 4500 tank but I already ordered it , I need a mask and a pod pouch preferably from nxe

-145298 Thanks!

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Get a good mask. Don't skimp with the Vidar. Honestly, your setup will work fine, and is a 10/10 if you like it. But personally I'd rate it about a 6/10 because tank choice and marker choice, and that you didn't get a good mask first. A pod pack you should get should be the NXe elevation packs. Even if you have to save a bit, getting the good stuff is far better than getting the budget stuff.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

I heard from ppl on the chat that the vidar is a great mask , I have til march until I can even play so I have time to figure it out I just need pod pack and mask .

#4 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

All of it looks good, but don't go cheap on the mask, your eyes are the most important things when it comes to paintball, but don't get a used mask. Valken has some really nice packs for $20 on ANSgear. If you like to light weight get a 68/4500 ninja tank. Then you can upgrade your hopper to something electronic so your hopper doesn't jam. Then if you don't like pump and if you'll only play woodsball then buy the TM-15 awesome gun if you only play woodsball.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#5 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

what do you mean don't go cheap on the masks , u just suggested a 20$ pack ?

#6 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

what do you mean don't go cheap on the masks , u just suggested a 20$ pack ?

A valken POD pack. It has nothing to do with a mask.

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Don't get a cheap mask all it will ever do is fog up. Remember that is the one piece of gear you will always have so save the money for something good.

#8 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Get a good mask like a sly profit, dye i4, empire events, empire eflex, virtue VIO, HK Army KLR, and JT proflex. Those are the masks I recomend. They all have a thermal lens stock. And what I mean by not going cheap on a mask is don't get a cheap mask.

www.ansgear.com

#9 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I was giving him options since he doesn't have any of those

Edited by RadioactiveRampagePB, 26 December 2013 - 05:16 PM.

www.ansgear.com

#10 BDFresh

BDFresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

I own two masks: woodsball= V-Force Profiler ($50); speedball= DYE i4 ($100).  Both are absolutely awesome!

#11 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

oh sorry I read it wrong thnx for the advice , what mask do you recommend under $50

#12 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

oh sorry I read it wrong thnx for the advice , what mask do you recommend under $50

Just pick up a pair of proflexes. You really cant go wrong with JT Proflex. 

#13 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Just pick up a pair of proflexes. You really cant go wrong with JT Proflex. 

flexes or profilers 

#14 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

I know but I need it under 50$ can you find me the best for that budget , sorry for being dumb :l

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Save $20 and buy ProFlexes

Edited by kingJurzy, 26 December 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#16 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

i'll just get the NXE 09 tp series harness 3+2+2 and save up for the proflex.

THANKS for the advice.!

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's funny that you guys recommend a Proflex over a Vidar, when they use the exact same lenses and lens frames. It makes me wonder how valid the advice some of you give actually is.

#18 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

okay thnx predator il get the vidar ! I need tht type of helpful information!

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I was going to recommend NOT the proflex or the vidar, but the Profilers, or Grill. The Profiler is a great mask and you can take out the lenses for ease of cleaning.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Ans has pro flexes for $62. The vidars do have the same lenses but the foam on the flexes will feel much nicer on your face. Not to mention if you ever wanted specific colours or different bottoms it much more versatile. As for the pack, the 09 NXE is a great pack for $35.

Welcome to Techpb

#21 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Under $50 I'd recommend the jt flex spectra, I used to own one and it never fogged on me. I believe it uses the same lens as the proflexs use. It already comes with a clear dual pane THERMAL lens and the foam is just so similar to proflexs but if you can go above $50, which I actually recommend you doing get the profilers.

I also used to have the exact same set up as you did/are going to get , and I think you should not get the kaos and just save up the money for a GOG envy/extcy. I'm not saying the kaos is a bad gun, I actually loved my kaos but I just wanted more and something that would shoot faster . And you'd save more money in the long run by doing this anyway since sooner/later you'd desire something better.

As for the hopper I'd probably get a halo too , if the pinokio is still on sale or available get it instead, but other than that the rest or the gear is pretty good and for the harness I'd say NXE is a really good choice but take note that higher end pod packs are on sale like the 09 empire liquid, 2012 valken cruscade (which I have), empire react pod packs and etc.. (All I got from ansgear)

Its your money and it's up to you on how you spend it, whatever decision you will make, I'll respect it

I'm also a budget baller and Welcome to techpb!

Edited by Pyeuwnie, 27 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Ans has pro flexes for $62. The vidars do have the same lenses but the foam on the flexes will feel much nicer on your face. Not to mention if you ever wanted specific colours or different bottoms it much more versatile. As for the pack, the 09 NXE is a great pack for $35.

Welcome to Techpb

The Vixar have the same foam and are compatible with Spectra/Flex parts. Theyre a lot like the Flex 8 really.

#23 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

oh thnx all of you for the info but I would like under 50 and does not fog and is comfortable . the jt spectra isn't tht appealing to me how bout the empire vidar?

Edited by 145298, 27 December 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#24 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Welcome to Techpb

The Vixar have the same foam and are compatible with Spectra/Flex parts. Theyre a lot like the Flex 8 really.

You're right, but the flex has much more comfortable ears and bottoms imo

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Welcome to Techpb

You're right, but the flex has much more comfortable ears and bottoms imo

Totally agree, I just thought the same about the Vidar for a long time so I spread the knowledge about it now haha.

I love how much room in front of your face the Proflex bottoms offer. The good venting makes breathing and talking with your team really easy too.

#26 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Personlly, I'd try to find a used pair of Profilers. I've gotten both of mine used and never had an issue. I've even handed my original pair down to my son. You can easily find these under 50.00. But honestly, a good quality mask needs to be your first purchase.

#27 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's funny that you guys recommend a Proflex over a Vidar, when they use the exact same lenses and lens frames. It makes me wonder how valid the advice some of you give actually is.

I've worn one and it has not come across that they were the same. Looking back I do remember how much of a bitch it was to take off the lens.

I still am going to stand by my opinion of saying that the Profelx>Vidar but Empire owns JT so that this highly likely they use the same frame/lens. I just did not like the breathing ducts on the Vidar but that is also because I am accustomed to my Eflex now.

#28 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I believe that the lens change system that JT masks use is the same for all of them, and I've tried changing the lens on a lower end one and it was hell. Don't bother with JT masks at all, get a Grill or a Profiler.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#29 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

I believe that the lens change system that JT masks use is the same for all of them, and I've tried changing the lens on a lower end one and it was hell. Don't bother with JT masks at all, get a Grill or a Profiler.

Yep, JT masks suck. Thats why the Proflex/Flex 7 has been the most popular mask on the market since its release for all intents and purposes.
:dodgy:

I bought some clear Flex frames (from Soup here on TechPB actually) and it took maybe 45 seconds for me to take the lens from my current frame and put it in the one I just bought.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 27 December 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#30 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Proflexs are good. When I started I had v force provantages. Good mask in my opinion...I don't know if they are produced anymore. I use an eflex. So because of your budget I would also suggest proflex. Because of the flexible bottom piece that the vidar doesn't have.

So basically what everyone else said. And maybe an sp1 or got g1 for marker.

#31 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yep, JT masks suck. Thats why the Proflex/Flex 7 has been the most popular mask on the market since its release for all intents and purposes.

I bought some clear Flex frames (from Soup here on TechPB actually) and it took maybe 45 seconds for me to take the lens from my current frame and put it in the one I just bought.

Wait what. I thought proflexes and flexsevenses were made by JT? Because it's called the JT proflex and the JT flex7...

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#32 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

Wait what. I thought proflexes and flexsevenses were made by JT? Because it's called the JT proflex and the JT flex7...

He's being satirical. 

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#33 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

He's being satirical.

Now that's just mean.

#34 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I didnt intend it that way but saying not to bother with JT masks isnt really good advice since gear is personal preference and Flexes are so popular.

#35 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I didnt intend it that way but saying not to bother with JT masks isnt really good advice since gear is personal preference and Flexes are so popular.

It's all personal preference, and generally the preservation of ones fingers is preferred by people.

#36 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

So are dual pane lenses...

I wonder what people are doing that they need to remove their lenses so often? :huh: Im genuinely wondering what the reason some people do is, not trying to be sarcastic.

#37 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

I wonder what people are doing that they need to remove their lenses so often? :huh: Im genuinely wondering what the reason some people do is, not trying to be sarcastic.

I changed the lens on my old flex 8, not quick by any means like my E-flex but its not that bad either. Just pull the plastic off before you put the lens in or you will have to pull it back out.... I learned that the hard way. Under 5 minutes for changing the lens on a mask that was 6 years old. Nothing damaged or broken in the process either. I wouldn't let "non" quick change lens stop me from getting a quality mask.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#38 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Dual pane lenses aren't specific to Proflexes. People might switch lenses based on light condition. Oh the sun came out? I'll put my mirror or smoke lens on. Oh the sun went away? I'll put my amber lens on.

#39 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

My point was that the Proflex has a poor lens change sysytem by todays standards amd Vforce masks have poor stock lenses by todays standard. I own a Grill so I speak from experience.

#40 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

I just wont wear a mask.

#41 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Have fun losing your vision, this guy was shot in the eye in his staging area.

WARNING....

Graphic thread and photo

Spoiler

Edited by kingJurzy, 28 December 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#42 JoshO

JoshO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Ans gear has the empire events mask on sale right now for 49.99 usually 109. I got the pro axis and I don't have anything bad to say about it. Was 69.99 New. You can pick up dye I3' s for a good price still.

#43 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

While this may not be a popular decision, I got a pair of Proto Axis's and they are phenomenal! It was certainly not my first choice for a mask (or second, third, fourth, fifth, and beyond), they are extremely comfortable. I picked up a smoke thermal lens for them (for like $18) and they haven't fogged on me since. They sort of look like the i3s, since they were made by Dye.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#44 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

For Woodsball it's not bad. I'd use it :)

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie, gun setup, beginner, advice, azodin, set-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users