19 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Before I say anything more I will say that I sent an email to the company regarding the problem. Ok so the problem starts when I walk into the BPS (Boston Paintball) shop. I tell the guy at the counter that I want a Z2, and he hands me a box. I take my wallet out, and ask "How much is it, $130?". He then says, "No, $160 and $170 with tax". I just shrugged and bought it anyway. My biggest mistake through all of this is that I didn't get receipt. So the loader worked fine all day. I came home and looked on the BPS website and guess what the price is for the loader? $130.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

He got you. Good luck getting your money back.

They are $130 on ANS anyway.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Its called returning to the place and finding the guy who sold you the item. 

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

And what have we learned today?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

If you're a fan of tax you'd LOVE the UK.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Problem was resolved
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#7 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

I dont even? Every time I walked into that Pro Shop I have never once had an issue with anything. They run a pretty standup operation. I might not agree with everything they do, IE HAVE to shoot Evil for field paint but hey its a well run indoor field proshop is second to none. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#8 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Alright, as someone who has worked in retail, you messed up on this one. You are the customer and you are always right, even if you're not, so assert that fact on the guy who's taking your money. Also, and I don't think I can stress this enough, ALWAYS TAKE YOUR RECEIPT. This is the proof of the entire transaction, whether or not it even happened, and proof that the guy either screwed you over or just didn't know what he was talking about. Consider yourself lucky you even had this resolved to your liking, because a lot of times it won't happen that way.

#9 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I did mess up on the receipt.

#10 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Waiting on another great response from BPS owner of how the truth has been skewed

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#11 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

As I said before, the problem has been resolved. This was one of my spur of the moment rants where I said something too quickly. I hope that the owner does not respond, as i have already talked to him outside of TechPB and am trying to work something out.

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

T2 is the the owner of BP but he is currently the face of committed paintball, the mastermind behind the twister lv1 and everything coming out of BPS. He runs the proshop and is the "mad scientist" behind the tech desk. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#13 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'm aware.

#14 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

This is what you're doing

goat-tongue-o.gif

This is what I want you to do

loss_for_words.gif

Edited by AoSpades, 31 December 2013 - 12:01 AM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#15 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I think I understand but I'm not sure

#16 TeeTwo

TeeTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Sigh.... 

Waiting on another great response from BPS owner of how the truth has been skewed

Here is the entire email correspondence: 

UltimateFinn

I recently purchased an empire prophecy Z2 loader from your shop in Chelsea. The serial number of the loader is 18895. I was given no receipt. After purchasing and leaving the store I found that you were charging $130 for the loader on your website while I was charged 160 for the loader. I was also charged $10 more for "tax" which obviously isn't the actual tax for the loader. This was on Friday, December 27 and I was charged this much by a man who was working the shop.

CommittedPaintball

Daniel,

I will surely correct this issue, our website point of sale does not connect and update our store system.

Feel free to pop by the shop and talk to any of the guys in the shop and we will gladly handle it.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

UltimateFinn

Thank you very much. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Daniel..... I would've thought after the last time you turned to the interwebs for support you would've learned to just pickup the phone, like I said in the email just come down to the shop and I'll handle it. 

Also unless you run some sort of church in your basement or somehow Massachusetts decided to adopt New Hampshire's tax laws for the short time frame you were in our proshop, you were taxed properly (6.25%) on the full amount ($160 + 6.25% = $170) and said percentage will be recalculated when your refund is issued for the overage.

Also what did you mean by "It happened AGAIN?".... was there another issue in our proshop that I have missed?

I eagerly await your response.

Have a fantastic day.

Edited by TeeTwo, 02 January 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#17 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

First off, this rant was posted before the email was responded to. Also, Eric Jr. is an inside joke between me and a couple of friends, it's not my real name. I appoligize on the tax situation, I just thought that it was odd that it turned out to a perfect $170. The whole again thing was just in reference to the first issue I had, which really wasn't that big of a deal. Also the reason I posted this was not to attempt to receive help from you, it was just to see how often these kinds of things happen. Also I don't believe Eric Jr. was mentioned at any time during the emails. I will be at the shop on Saturday so hopefully we can see if I was actually the wrongdoer in this situation. Honestly I wish I hadn't posted either of these rants, and I hope they don't put a bad name to your business.

#18 TeeTwo

TeeTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

First off, this rant was posted before the email was responded to. Also, Eric Jr. is an inside joke between me and a couple of friends, it's not my real name. I appoligize on the tax situation, I just thought that it was odd that it turned out to a perfect $170. The whole again thing was just in reference to the first issue I had, which really wasn't that big of a deal. Also the reason I posted this was not to attempt to receive help from you, it was just to see how often these kinds of things happen. Also I don't believe Eric Jr. was mentioned at any time during the emails. I will be at the shop on Saturday so hopefully we can see if I was actually the wrongdoer in this situation. Honestly I wish I hadn't posted either of these rants, and I hope they don't put a bad name to your business.

A: You clearly were not the "wrongdoer" in this situation, that was stated in our response.

B: I used your TechPB handle (which I have now updated to UltimateFinn for the kids playing along at home) as not to your reveal your personal email address.

C: Math has a funny way of working out sometimes, that's why calculators are handy tools.

D: As for the "put a bad name on our business"? It is a double edge sword, for every moment of pure ignorance gives us the opportunity to show how well we handle said situations. Maybe I should thank you for presenting the opportunity.

Let's call this for what is it... you got home, felt wronged and literally jumped right on the internet. It wasn't to ask how often similar situations happen, you've vented and we've responded.

Edited by TeeTwo, 02 January 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#19 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

And that is why Disney Channel tells you to ask for parental permission before using the internet. Bud you have to learn how to handle these issues without jumping right into a rant like this. ANY reputable business would gladly fix any mistake in reguards to pricing mismatches. Clearly it was handled promptly an professionally, just relax kiddo.

#20 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Situation resolved and out of respect for both parties thread is closed.

Good job T2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users