• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

So today I got an industrial piercing on my left ear and I fucking LOVE it! It's great, my first piercing, didn't really hurt when they did it. Apparently I bled a fuckload though, my friends were whispering about it cause they didn't want to freak me out (which it wouldn't have.) One of them got her tongue pierced before me. It was really fun though and I'm already way too excited to go back for a new bar and to get my earlobes done at some point too. And I need money for tattoos too, but that's a whole nother story.

Feel free to share about any piercings you have or want or hate or whatever!

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Wow such an individual. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Wow, no need to be a dick... It's not like I'm some 15 year old kid trying to fit in. I made a change in my appearance and I fuckin like it. Some people get excited about a new pair of Oakleys, or a new G-Shock, or some fresh ass Jordans. People like having new things. No need to be a dick cause you have different taste. I mean, if you don't like body modifications, you can say that without insulting the person. Especially if you don't even know said person.

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Here is my theory. All these "modifications" that you are rushing out to get and spending an obscene amount of money on are only skin deep. I hate how people make it seem as if its an integral part of their character what they wear on their skin. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

I agree though, to an extent. I have never "rushed out to get" anything like this. I've been wanting my ears pierced since I was a kid and it just never happened. I have tattoo ideas that I've had floating around in my head for years and I've just never gotten around to having the money or time. Does it make you a different person? No, but it is a way of expressing part of who you are.

And really they aren't that expensive. My piercing was $50. It's technically two piercings. The jewelry was included in the price, as well as cleaning solution. Well worth that, hardly "obscene". Hell, a pair of jeans costs more than that. Some fucking tshirts cost more than that. People spend more than twice that much on cologne.

All I'm saying is that people express themselves in different ways, and to act like someone is wrong for doing it one way instead of another is silly. But it is also silly if you think it makes you better than other people or special or whatever. That comes down to the person, not the act.

#6 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Most people get piercings or tattoos to become unique, but what most don't see that there are millions of other people who think the same thing. Which makes you not very unique and just makes you a follower and not a leader.

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

It's your body, do what you want. If you want piercings and tattoos everywhere, cool. If you don't, cool. If it isn't your body, no need to worry about it.

#8 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

What ever you do don't get gauges. Picture having those at 70.

Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

I have never, ever met a person who got a tattoo because they wanted to be unique or different. And I have met tons of people who have tattoos. The people I know who have tattoos got them because the design holds special meaning, or they wish to honor something or somebody, or because they like the design, or for tons of other reasons as well. But never have I met someone who thought that having a tattoo would them unique, or cool, or whatever.

For the people I know, a tattoo is not something they just rush out and get. Tattoos are permanent, and hold very special meaning, and they can make months to plan out the design of their tattoo.

I know I'll get a tattoo some day, I've wanted one since I was 13. But the reason I haven't gotten one, in the 10 years I've been wanting one, is because a tattoo is permanent, and I haven't come up with the right design that will mean something to me. It takes time, and patience, because it's in your skin for life.

A tattoo is very personal, and yes the picture might only be skin deep, but the meaning is as deep as the very core of your being. And the cost for tattoos and piercings is no more obscene than someone spending $1600 a year to get the newest Ego every time one comes out. Or someone paying $40,000 for the car he's always wanted. Or any other way that people spend a lot of money. The only difference is that the Ego might last what, 10 years, max? And the car might last 15? But that tattoo will last for the rest of your life.

It's a way for an individual to express themselves, the same as kids buying expensive clothes, or expensive electronics, or styling their hair a certain way. It's an expression of themselves and tells a story about who they are, where they've been and what they've done.

So just because you don't see the significance or symbolism of a tattoo, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that it's because people want to be unique, or whatever other reasons you might come up with to put down someone who chooses to express themselves in a more permanent way.

I really don't see the reason why you would feel the need to be so negative towards someone who has a view different than your own. Just because it's different, doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't have to agree with it, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude when you disagree.

Now, granted, there are the idiots who rush out and get a tattoo and then regret it later, but I tend not to associate with those people. I merely described reasons similar to the reasons as to why I myself, and some of my friends, have gotten or will get tattoos.

#10 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

What ever you do don't get gauges. Picture having those at 70.

Depending on how big the gauge is, it will heal and the hole will close. There is nothing wrong with gauges so long as you keep them small and dont make them big enough for your hand to fit through. Surgery's can also remove that excess skin.

I have a tattoo and I rushed out to get it. Because it means alot to me. I got a tattoo to show my support for one of my family members hardship and show my support to millions of others.

#11 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well said tk-421 I know a lot of people get tattoos as memorials and something that's has meaning to them. But what mostly I hear on television and from people I ask who are tatted up and pierced everywhere you could imagine, say that they did it because they wanted to be different. But I myself am waiting to get a few tattoos that pertain to my interest in oval racing and my service in the USMC.

#12 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Been wanting to get an eyebrow pierced for a long time, just haven't gotten around to it.

I've also entertained the idea of dying my hair black and getting green contacts.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#13 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Do I detect a tad bit of sarcasm?

#14 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Nope, serious post was, in fact, serious.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#15 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

If I ever see anyone with large gauges, they'd better hope I don't have access to a padlock...

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#16 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Tattoos > piercings.
Tattoos can show actual artistic style that can be quite awe-inspiring for both yourself and others.
Piercings are just that, a piercing. Perhaps I don't quite understand them, but a piercing on one person will typically look the same as a piercing on another. Not much artistic value there.

But of course, that's just my opinion on the subject and an explanation to why I won't get a piercing.
If you like it, by all means, keep it and don't let my opinion sway you otherwise.

Edited by Antonious, 02 January 2014 - 01:06 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#17 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'd like to get a lip ring, probably wont though.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#18 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

If I ever see anyone with large gauges, they'd better hope I don't have access to a padlock...

And you'd better hope that you can run faster than them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users