4 replies to this topic

#1 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

When to lubricate a marker's asa? How often should I do it

How often should I maintain my marker's regulator?

How often should I clean the eyes?

What's so bad about the steel braided hose? Should I just switch to macroline?

Marker: gog extcy

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

You really shouldn't have to lubricate your ASA, you would only put a drop of oil on the threads if you are having difficulty screwing the tank in.

You should maintain the regulator every 10 or 15 cases.

You should clean the eyes whenever they get dirty, so inspect them often.

The only issue with steel braided hose is that it can fray and poke you when it starts to wear out, but that will take a long time because steel braided hose will last much longer than macroline. I would only switch to macroline when your braided hose starts to wear out or give you trouble, which shouldn't happen for a long time.

Hope this helps.

#3 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

You really shouldn't have to lubricate your ASA, you would only put a drop of oil on the threads if you are having difficulty screwing the tank in.

The only issue with steel braided hose is that it can fray and poke you when it starts to wear out, but that will take a long time because steel braided hose will last much longer than macroline. I would only switch to macroline when your braided hose starts to wear out or give you trouble, which shouldn't happen for a long time.

Hope this helps.

Does it matter which oil I use? Can I just use marker oil?

Well thats gonna be somewhat of a pain to do with the steel braided hose on..

And thanks!

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, any marker oil should work, but the recommended stuff to use is Tri-flow. The reason they put braided hose on there in the first place is because that marker is most likely to be sold to a newer player, and because of it's durability it is one less thing for the user to worry about. That means that you don't have to mess with the braided hose until it becomes an issue, which it most likely won't.

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hope this helps.

QFT 

I always advise that you regularly maintain your markers after every day of play. Clean them throughly lubricate any critical parts and let it go. For the most part you will never run into any issues as long as you regularly perform preventative maintenance. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users