vest paintball pb molle pods gen x

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

I know that a vest isn't necessary in pb but I want one . I'm 5'7'' and 105 lbs. I want a vest that uses the MOLLE system that is comfortable in any situation for around 50 dollars. What about the gen x global lightweight modular vest , it comes with 11 attachments?

#2 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I highly suggest you try one on if at all possible to make sure you find it comfortable. If you like them vests are great but their sizing is inconsistent. Do you have a local pro shop or does anyone at your local field have the vest you like? If not make sure you are aware of the exchange policy where ever you buy the vest. At a minimum be aware you will likely have to pay at least shipping and possibly a restocking fee.

#3 145298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

no its snowing here in northern Illinois so I will have to wait or just buy a pod pack or something

#4 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

I use a Molle vest for Scenerios and run a pod pack for everything else. The extra weight, constricted movement, and all those pouches don't add anything for everyday walk on woodsball and definitately don't help for speedball. The round's are too short to need anything extra other than pods and a sqeegee. For scenerio's I use a Molle vest with Valken pod packs and pouches. My setup allows me to bring up to eight pods, extra air, radio, and snacks depending on the situation. It also makes carrying all the extra weight easier as it moves to weight off my lower back to my shoulders.

Not sure whether any of this helps but since I run both I figured I'd share my thoughts on vests verses pod packs.

Edited by amz, 01 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#5 irish727

irish727

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

no its snowing here in northern Illinois so I will have to wait or just buy a pod pack or something

I also live in northern illinois and you should go into discount paintball and try on some of the vests in there if want one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users