• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TheMilkyMen

TheMilkyMen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

As playing paintball for awhile, i noticed people get there pods stolen. Everyone at one time had lost pods before. The best advice i give about pods are to get bright colored pods ( neon orange , neon pink , neon green , etc...) The best place to get pods with colors like this is ANSGear.com i will provide a link to the web page which shows the pods. Some people will question the price which is $2.49. Although you can get pod for cheaper, I highly recomand these bright color pod so you will be able to find your pods. Doing this will lower the risk of people stealing and or losing your pods.

Link to ANSGear for bright colored pods:

http://www.ansgear.c...Pods_s/1828.htm

Edited by TheMilkyMen, 01 January 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

I use neon colored duct tape on all my pods. Some teams here have patterned duct tape for all their team pods which seems to work well too.

#3 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Im guilty of scavenging pods. At one point I had nearly 60 all in this big laundry bag I would keep in my garage. I was always one of the last people to leave the field for the day, scooping up a pod here and there that was lost and forgotten. 

i also bought quite a few off of craigslist for really cheep. Its quite easy actually. Lots of people local to me posted up adds with gear and the only thing I could use was pods. I would buy a dozen or so for like $10 much easier than ordering and dealing with shipping. 

Pods are dispensable to me. I loose em I loose em. I try not to but at the end of the day they are much easier to replace than a more expensive piece of gear. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#4 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

I have a label maker and I just put my name and phone number on the pods with it. Now your probably going to say "why do you put your phone number on your pods?". The reason I put my phone number on my pods is so that if I lose a pod on the field, the people like bigx will feel guilty about taking it and hopefully they will put it back down :P :P.

JK, I don't know why I put my phone number on them.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I have scavenged pods, but not without asking everyone in vicinity if it's their pods. Those are my spare pods to junk away and such. My main pods arecolored to my gear, which is all white. No one but me has white pods.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 TheMilkyMen

TheMilkyMen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I use neon colored duct tape on all my pods. Some teams here have patterned duct tape for all their team pods which seems to work well too.

That's another way you can do it

#7 TheMilkyMen

TheMilkyMen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I have a label maker and I just put my name and phone number on the pods with it. Now your probably going to say "why do you put your phone number on your pods?". The reason I put my phone number on my pods is so that if I lose a pod on the field, the people like bigx will feel guilty about taking it and hopefully they will put it back down :P :P.

JK, I don't know why I put my phone number on them.

Hopefully you get your pods back for the effort you put in them.(putting your name and even phonenumber)

I have scavenged pods, but not without asking everyone in vicinity if it's their pods. Those are my spare pods to junk away and such. My main pods arecolored to my gear, which is all white. No one but me has white pods.

that's smart to have one color matching your gear so you know which pods are your's.

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yea, with all the speedball I play, its shocking that I have never lost a single pod and only had a few break.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#9 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yea, with all the speedball I play, its shocking that I have never lost a single pod and only had a few break.

Labels can be removed. ;)

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#10 TheMilkyMen

TheMilkyMen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

But who will steal a pod and remove the label. Yes this could happen but who will take the time to remove a label just to get a $2 pod

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Not a mattress label.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

But who will steal a pod and remove the label. Yes this could happen but who will take the time to remove a label just to get a $2 pod

Correction, I do not steal pods. I only recover lost pods. The same logic holds too for returning one. Who is going to go through the trouble of calling someone up oh hey I found your two dollar pod. 

Not a mattress label.

I like to live dangerously. 

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Not a mattress label.

By the customer they can be.

#14 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Not a mattress label.

By the customer they can be.

lolol

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#15 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Spray paint the bottoms of them. They are cheap enough to buy and cheap enough to lose.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#16 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I am going on Saturday to buy new pods at ANS, and I think I'm going to get their neon ones that are on sale for 0.99. I was playing last weekend and someone found a neon pod and tried to take it, but the head ref said,"Hey, I know whose that one is!" Because only one of us has neon orange pods. So yellow, here I come :D
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#17 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

#18 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

NO!!!!! Do not post danger man!!!!

#19 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

He broke TPB rule #27.

#20 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

And basic ethics rules 36 and 42

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Man Card -1

Cool Cat Card -1

But I did watch that just now, and to be honest, it's about the only decent idea he's had. But still, that's a lot of effort for 1-2$ pods

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pods, paint, budget ballers, cheap, paintball gear, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users