3 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicAdrian

AtomicAdrian

The thread killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I recently got a LNIB Empire Axe, and the first day I played with it the gauge on the regulator kept creeping up to around 250 psi from the 180 psi I set it to. This only happens in between shots when the gun is idle. Once I shoot, it goes back down to 180. I don't think the pressure is actually moving, as each shot seems to be the same velocity. I'll have to test it at the chrono next time I play.

On a side note, the gun seems to be almost new in box from Trademygun.com, as it is one of those stormtrooper white Axes that had the coating issue (which mine doesn't seem to exhibit). Toolbox and barrel sock weren't even open. Should this go away as the gun gets broken in, or should I do something to remedy it?

I suck at paintball.
R.I.P BORG, ONE OF MY PAINTBALL HEROES.
B/S/T feedback: 11/0/0

#2 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

I had this when I first started using my Axe and I just put 2 drops of oil into my ASA and it went away.  If that doesn't solve the problem then I would contact KEE.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 04 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Maryland Paintballer

#3 AtomicAdrian

AtomicAdrian

The thread killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Fiddled with it at the field yesterday, and the reg really is creeping up in pressure. Tried the oil thing, didn't work. I read elsewhere it may go away after a few cases. For now I'll try to break in the gun, but if anyone else has any advice feel free to post it.

I suck at paintball.
R.I.P BORG, ONE OF MY PAINTBALL HEROES.
B/S/T feedback: 11/0/0

#4 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Fiddled with it at the field yesterday, and the reg really is creeping up in pressure. Tried the oil thing, didn't work. I read elsewhere it may go away after a few cases. For now I'll try to break in the gun, but if anyone else has any advice feel free to post it.

Should go away once you break in the gun (~5 cases) If it doesn't go away, then contact Kee and they'll sort it out.

Maryland Paintballer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: empire, axe, regulator, gauge, creep, pressure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users