22 replies to this topic

#1 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I have an Empire Axe with a Lurker Bolt and so far I love it, but in a few years I will probably upgrade if I decide to play college paintball.  I play back/mid.  I have been looking at the LV1, the Geo 3.1, and the Clone GTi. What gun would you all recommend for me? I'm mainly looking for smoothness, reliability, maintenance, and decent efficiency.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 05 January 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#2 ####AAAAbest###

####AAAAbest###

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

If Smoothness is what you are looking for go with the Geo over the Lv1 and get the GLS if you are planning to get a Lv1 The clone defiantly has reliabilltiy on its side i have never had a problem with mine and all these guns have decent efficiency it really is not that big of a problem. Have you thought of a Bob Long insight  they are great for back players my teams back players love them.

#3 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Axe can perform just as well as most high end guns. I don't see why you would switch.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#4 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Axe can perform just as well as most high end guns. I don't see why you would switch.

My only concern is whether a college team sponsored by, say Planet Eclipse, will let me use an Empire gun.

Maryland Paintballer

#5 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

As far as sponsorship hold off buying a gun until you get on the team and they will tell you what to shoot.

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

You said in three years. In three years there will be totally new guns on the market. Wait and have fun playing with the axe. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

You said in three years. In three years there will be totally new guns on the market. Wait and have fun playing with the axe. 

Alright thanks :) What about my friend- he is going to college  in less than a year and playing on a PE sponsored team. What gun should he get? He is looking for smoothness and efficiency.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 05 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#8 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

If he is good enough to be playing on a PE sponsored team I think he would already have a feel for what kind of marker he likes. Whatever her prefers it boils down to spool vs poppit.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#9 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

If he is good enough to be playing on a PE sponsored team I think he would already have a feel for what kind of marker he likes. Whatever her prefers it boils down to spool vs poppit.

He said he wants a Geo but from what he's looking for in a gun (smoothness and efficiency) I think he'd be better off with an LV1.  What do you guys think? He plays mid/front.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 05 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#10 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Geo, will be smoother than an lv1 and as a front guy he doesn't need huge efficiency numbers.

#11 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Geo, will be smoother than an lv1 and as a front guy he doesn't need huge efficiency numbers.

Alright, thanks for the help!  :)  Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering if you have any setup advice for me - I have an Empire Axe with a Lurker Bolt and Dye UL, a Halo Too with an Exalt Speedfeed & Ripdrive, and a Guerilla 48/3000 w/ a Proto tank cover. Do you have any suggestions for new gear for me?

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 05 January 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#12 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Alright, thanks for the help!  :)  Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering if you have any setup advice for me - I have an Empire Axe with a Lurker Bolt and Dye UL, a Halo Too with an Exalt Speedfeed & Ripdrive, and a Guerilla 48/3000 w/ a Proto tank cover. Do you have any suggestions for new gear for me?
The only thing I would change would be your tank. I'd Look into a Ninja 50/4500 or 68/4500 with a pro or ultra lite regulator.

Edited by amz, 05 January 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#13 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

The only thing I would change would be your tank. I'd Look into a Ninja 50/4500 or 68/4500 with a pro or ultra lite regulator.

I was looking into a Ninja 68/4500 with a Pro Adjustable Reg. Would that be ok or would you recommend something different?

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 06 January 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#14 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

My only concern is whether a college team sponsored by, say Planet Eclipse, will let me use an Empire gun.

Put a Planet Eclipse sticker on it, they'll never know ;)

Edited by Scum, 06 January 2014 - 04:13 PM.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#15 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Might I ask what college? Liberty perhaps?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#16 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Go with whatever your college is sponsored by but if not try the Bob Long Insight NG fits the picture perfect for your description.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#17 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Might I ask what college? Liberty perhaps?

Yes it is Liberty :tup:

Go with whatever your college is sponsored by but if not try the Bob Long Insight NG fits the picture perfect for your description.

Not really a fan of Bob Long but I'll try and shoot one and then let you know what I think.

Maryland Paintballer

#18 Sttone

Sttone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

Hi OMGitisZMD, I'm using empire axe cf edition and just recently bought a lurker bolt.....I really can't set it right. The max I can set is 200-210fps. I played with the dwell and Asa psi but still can't get it right. Can you help since you using the same marker. I'm using empire tank. I'm not sure I'm using hp tank or lp tank. Is stated there 4500psi. Is it low pressure? I'm newbie. Pls help. Thanks

#19 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hi OMGitisZMD, I'm using empire axe cf edition and just recently bought a lurker bolt.....I really can't set it right. The max I can set is 200-210fps. I played with the dwell and Asa psi but still can't get it right. Can you help since you using the same marker. I'm using empire tank. I'm not sure I'm using hp tank or lp tank. Is stated there 4500psi. Is it low pressure? I'm newbie. Pls help. Thanks

I recently just got the Axe also but I would say make a forum and ask around. ironyusa on PBN helped me with my Axe, I'm sure he could help you with yours.  I'll give you all the help I can though... First of all, do you have a new battery in it? (New Duracell or Energizer) Next, where is your backcap? Also, your gauge may be off and give you false readings.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 13 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#20 Sttone

Sttone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

I recently just got the Axe also but I would say make a forum and ask around. ironyusa on PBN helped me with my Axe, I'm sure he could help you with yours.  I'll give you all the help I can though... First of all, do you have a new battery in it? (New Duracell or Energizer) Next, where is your backcap? Also, your gauge may be off and give you false readings.

Hi. Thanks for your info. Tried everything I can but just don't work. New batteries. Gauge ok. Put back the stock and it works perfectly. Do I need to break in the lurker bolt?

#21 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'm not actually sure, maybe you got lube under the spacer? Your best bet would be to contact the guys at Lurker, they'll take care of you.

Maryland Paintballer

#22 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hey all Im saying is. Upgrading to a high end is not as hyped as you think it is. I am actually downgrading to a axe from my Ego w/ Dart. At first it was awesome to have a $1000 gun in my hands but, the effect wears off.

#23 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hey all Im saying is. Upgrading to a high end is not as hyped as you think it is. I am actually downgrading to a axe from my Ego w/ Dart. At first it was awesome to have a $1000 gun in my hands but, the effect wears off.

I'm just going to keep my Axe all through highschool and if I decide to play college ball and they don't let me use an Empire gun, then I'll get another gun. Other than that, I'm planning on keeping my Axe for a while :)

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 20 January 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users