7 replies to this topic

#1 MikeS

MikeS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hello,

I was wondering about field etiquette revolving around extra gear paint. Say I'm playing and I have extra paint which I am not able to carry on my person during play (eg. pods are full), is it safe to leave on the table or should I do something else? I don't think I would need to leave extra paintball gear, but I might want to take off some clothing layers for the next game or I may have some water/snacks - what should I do with those?

Thanks!

- Mike

Edited by MikeS, 05 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#2 AlPowPaint

AlPowPaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

From what i know (my field i play on) usually there are benches or pick-nick tables where players leave their gear. Usually every one just leaves their paintballs and gear and clothing during games there (stuff you were talking about). From my experiences I've never lost anything but their are some instances where people have stolen. But as long as  every one at the field gets along together and you trust one another then you shouldn't have a problem with theft. But if you're still worried , you could leave you're left over gear in you're car if he parking is close and you could just walk on over. :P

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Judge the area, if everyone looks like scumbags then leave your gear in the car if possible, if you cant and you've got expensive stuff you need to leave unattended, hurl in in some woods where only you will be able to find it. For low value stuff like pods, paint and clothing just leave them though. 

Be extra vigilant around pods though, alot of people use the same ones so they are easy for people to just take them. Seperate yours from everyone elses by just putting random stickers on them e.g. from shampoo bottles.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I wouldn't leave anything that you couldn't live without if it was taken. Your stuff is usually pretty safe but it only takes one to ruin your day. I leave my stuff in the car or a locker then I don't have to worry.

Edited by amz, 05 January 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#5 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

I would lock it up or it will grow legs and walk off.  I'd also recommend not leaving paint in direct sunlight, best to leave it in a shaded part of your car with the windows cracked.  

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#6 MikeS

MikeS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Thanks to everybody for your prompt replies!

#7 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Someone stole a brand new case of marbalizer from me off a picnic bench before. I keep my extra gear, tool box, and paint in the back of my locked car.

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

90% of the time it's fine, unless like Cookie said, there is some shady motherfucks up in the field.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, extra paint, gear, theft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users