• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

I am looking into hoppers and I am having trouble deciding on one. I have few in mind and I want your guys opinion on which one I should get. ( I do not want any one to change my decision at all I just want your opinion on these hoppers spyder fasta 18v led valken vmax 2 halo b loader pinokio hopper help me decide which one thank you
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#2 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

what price range?

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

what price range?

I would imagine the price of the loaders he listed...

Out of these I would take the Halo hands down personally.

#4 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

skip the vmax entirely

the fasta and pinokio and nearly identical internally, so they will operate about the same, just the pinokio is more expensive, but it does hold more paint

Halo's are great overall hoppers as well, and parts are extremely easy to find. plus its covered by empire so if you ever have a problem, send it to them and they will fix it for you

for me personally, its between the fasta and the halo
both feed well, they're about the same in terms of disassembly, price is about the same, but the fasta does hold slightly more paint

i'd go with the halo though because it is backed by empire
and its rock solid and reliable 

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

i'd go with the halo though because it is backed by empire

In all fairness, the Fasta is also now backed by Kee

But if it were me I'd take the Halo.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 06 January 2014 - 11:52 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 Browzer

Browzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

I am looking into hoppers and I am having trouble deciding on one. I have few in mind and I want your guys opinion on which one I should get. ( I do not want any one to change my decision at all I just want your opinion on these hoppers spyder fasta 18v led valken vmax 2 halo b loader pinokio hopper help me decide which one thank you

I personally can't use anything other than a Dye Rotor, although mine was brand new for only $150 just because of the color scheme (green/black graphiti look). Buttttttttt of the choices you listed i would have to say the Halo B loader because i have seen a lot of people with every type of gun use that loader along with the other Halo loaders. It works great. Kinda depends how much BPS you want to put out and what features you like to have.

Certified IT Technician

Computer Information Systems Student

Intermediate experienced paintball player

Empire Axe (Stock), Dye Rotor, 68/45 Draxxus HPA, Dye i4

#7 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

I personally can't use anything other than a Dye Rotor, although mine was brand new for only $150 just because of the color scheme (green/black graphiti look). Buttttttttt of the choices you listed i would have to say the Halo B loader because i have seen a lot of people with every type of gun use that loader along with the other Halo loaders. It works great. Kinda depends how much BPS you want to put out and what features you like to have.

Interesting.  

How can you outshoot a Halo?  

TS- are you buying new or used?  

Pinokio's are 99 at ANS right now for the old model.  The new model is the speed which is at $150.

You can also get a Scion for $99.  It's in a Halo shell but has the Z2 drive system that has auto unjam.  Personally I have never had my Halo jam or not keep up with any of my markers.

Halo B's are $99.

The fasta is in the $70 range which isn't bad at all. 

The Prophecy Z2 is $129 for white and camo models.  

I had an original Prophecy and after many years the side shells broke.  I called key and they sent me new side shells and the V2 kit. 

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

"Cant" use anything else is a huge exaggeration unless you mean due to sponsorship. Nobody should be shooting more than 15BPS these days which doesnt come close to outshooting the Halo.

#9 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Halo or Pinokio.  But if you were to buy used Dye Rotor, Empire Prophecy Z2, or Virtue Spire.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#10 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I've used a lot of loaders and yes the Rotor is the best IMO. The Fasta (even 9v version) is a great little loader and inexpensive. I also have a couple of Viewloader VLocitys and got them cheap too. Halo Too's are nice, heavier than the Rotor, but still nice.

#11 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Halos and Rotors are heavy as fuck, and it's very noticeable when you've used other loaders. I'd go with the Pinokio. I liked mine. Got it used, bend sensor doesn't work anymore but its been beat to hell. Haven't played in ages because of college so I haven't gotten around to fixing it, but their customer service is really great. I also like the Fasta and the Vmax 2. All three are lightweight and will feed 12.5 bps. Only downside to the Vmax 2 in my opinion is the lid.

#12 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Thanks I will either get a halo or a fasta. I am not getting a rotor because my brother is getting it and I am a twin so I dont like getting the same thing as he does. I am thinking about the v max 2 because it is new and I was going to do a review on it but I think I'll just get a fasta or a halo
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#13 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Well if you don't want a Rotor just because your twin will get one, it's a silly argument. Rotors takes the cake imo, I would not use any other high end hoppers period.

That being said I also own a magna, 2 old school revvy, and a variety of limited paint hoppers. But these hoppers are for special use, ie. Pumps, mechs, and the magna in the rare instance the rotor doesn't work
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#14 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

I'd go with the Halo or the Fasta, but imo the Halo wins just because of Kee's CS alone. Those guys fixed my fried Proph board (user error) for free and even shipped it back ($15 value).

#15 the Vampire

the Vampire

I want to be agg like Kevin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'd go with the halo I like mine and it is simple to use.

http://www.techpb.co...y/#entry3326107

AndrewTheWookie: just think of all the star wars movies coming up too

AndrewTheWookie: we are truly in the golden age of cinema

#16 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Just go with the pinokio, mine never jammed, its just impossible to out shoot it and why would I want to anyway, its amazing on batteries and not very many people use it (atleast at my field) which makes it different And unique lol.and its cheapest out of all the super loaders (I have the classic.)

#17 Browzer

Browzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Before you jump to the point where you have to slam me on my opinion... I CAN"T use any other than Rotor because of it's quality. Not bec i need to shoot over 15BPS... Most places i go it is 12.5BPS cap. I bought it brand new for $145 because of the color scheme (but it matches my gun color to a point so win win). To what the other guy said "its heavy as fuck"...It's all hard plastic with little to no metal except a few screws and the battery area. So it is incredibly light and super EASY to field strip. You don't have to worry about breaking it unless you for some reason decide to smash it into a rock... So don't slam me for my choice of hopper. I have the money for quality and that is what i got....

Certified IT Technician

Computer Information Systems Student

Intermediate experienced paintball player

Empire Axe (Stock), Dye Rotor, 68/45 Draxxus HPA, Dye i4

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

I agree that the Rotor is not much heavier than other loaders. Its only a couple ounces heavier than a Spire and its not like youll notice that on a full setup.

#19 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

Depending on what field you are using it for would also be a thing to keep in mind. My filed is rec ball, and every like 5 games they do scenarios (cap dom, defend/attack). When I go into these games (pinokio btw) I put on the long nose extension and don't have to reload for a good while. One person even gave me props because I had him pinned and he couldn't move for the last minute of the game. My friends want to do some speedball and that would be good for a back player, but I'm a rusher and thinking of investing in the speed as it has a smaller profile.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#20 Mental

Mental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

I've never owned any of these hoppers, but I have heard great things about the Halo!

That's like Rental

But with an"M"

#21 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Never owned a halo but i think the only down side to them is the shell. idk if thats true but i heard they easily crack or snap off.

#22 JoshO

JoshO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I own a halo too works great. Doesn't have a single problem with keeping up. Invert halo too 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users