• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

My brother is looking into hoppers and he is stuck on two hoppers. He wants to get a dye rotor or the empire prophecy z2. Which one should he get. He uses a dp g5 if any of you were wondering.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

I'd get a rotor. Simple, easy to use, reliable.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Rotor, the z2 is a pain in the ass to disassemble and re assemble
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Both are great. Rotor is simpler for tear down.  Z2- for 95% of everything all you have to do is pull the nose cone.  Z2 has anti jam feature as well, also has a rip drive for in case he forgets the batteries.  You can find Z2's for 130 for white and camo colors if he is buying new.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Rotor, I hate the lid on the Z2.

#6 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Both are great. Rotor is simpler for tear down.  Z2- for 95% of everything all you have to do is pull the nose cone.  Z2 has anti jam feature as well, also has a rip drive for in case he forgets the batteries.  You can find Z2's for 130 for white and camo colors if he is buying new.

You forget that the wires are easy to pinch and not as battery efficent. I had a z2 just chilling on my workbench since it's not even a backup loader( even compared to a magna), ate all the batteries in 4 months, the last time I changed my Rotor battery after continuous use was about 7+ months.

Rotors simply beats out the z2, and don't even get started on cleaning out a z2 after getting shot through a speed feed
gnUDL.png

#7 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks after reading your guys opinions he is going to get a rotor

Edited by halofan, 11 January 2014 - 02:23 PM.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#8 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

love my rotor, would always recommend it 

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I'm going to be the guy who says Z2. It's easy enough to take apart, but it's really light. Also, the antijam system works a bit better than the Rotor.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'm going to be the guy who says Z2. It's easy enough to take apart, but it's really light. Also, the antijam system works a bit better than the Rotor.

I went through hell to take apart that darn z2, stupid thing won't click properly in place and shit.

Could have easily taken apart the rotor and reassembled it like at least 5 times over than having to deal with what I dealt with on the z2.

Honestly light weight, backed by kee and inexpensive are the ONLY things going for it
gnUDL.png

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

The shell is pretty easy to take apart. It took me two pissed off tried before I got it every single time in less than 20 seconds. But I do agree past the shell the rotor takes it by a longshot.

#12 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

You forget that the wires are easy to pinch and not as battery efficent. I had a z2 just chilling on my workbench since it's not even a backup loader( even compared to a magna), ate all the batteries in 4 months, the last time I changed my Rotor battery after continuous use was about 7+ months.

Rotors simply beats out the z2, and don't even get started on cleaning out a z2 after getting shot through a speed feed

Wires are easy to pinch?  Not on a Prophecy.  The only wires are the battery wires and they aren't routed in such a way to get pinched between the side shells like on a HALO.  

You can tell the prophecy series was designed by engineers as it's over complicated and then some.  Trying to get both side shells on in a pinch for time will probably result in someone throwing it on the ground in frustration.

Again for 95% of any work on the prophecy you just pull the front cone.  Even if a ball breaks in your hopper you can just wipe it out.  No need for a full tear down.  Still not as easy as the rotor just slitting in two.

The rotor is  a simplified design, has better battery life and takes one less AA.  

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Wires are easy to pinch?  Not on a Prophecy.  The only wires are the battery wires and they aren't routed in such a way to get pinched between the side shells like on a HALO.  

You can tell the prophecy series was designed by engineers as it's over complicated and then some.  Trying to get both side shells on in a pinch for time will probably result in someone throwing it on the ground in frustration.

Again for 95% of any work on the prophecy you just pull the front cone.  Even if a ball breaks in your hopper you can just wipe it out.  No need for a full tear down.  Still not as easy as the rotor just slitting in two.

The rotor is  a simplified design, has better battery life and takes one less AA.  

Hahaha, "designed by engineers is so true". My shop class teacher always said engineers should have to be mechamics first and then they maybe wouldnt design cars so impractical for maintenance.

#14 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

There is something to be said for simplicity in design.  The Prophecy seems to a "next gen" HALO to me.  When you keep adding crap on to crap and tweaking this and that you end up with a Z2.  Great loader and all, just overly complicated, seems like it was engineered for engineers.

Dye went with a clean sheet of paper.  

Glad the OP's brother picked one out.  Both are great.

Edited by r45vt, 12 January 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#15 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

When I was putting the floor on t it started getting messy and the front nose. No wonder no one wants a z2, even at $75 with a speed feed. I guess my market knows best when it comes to z2, there is basically 0 z2 here
gnUDL.png

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

But is the halo design really crap with added crap?

#17 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Best halo design? Magna clutch. 9/10 would use
gnUDL.png

#18 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

rotor

If you want to be on a team and are in the Chicagoland area pm me.

Save a rock, throw an Ion!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users