19 replies to this topic

#1 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Ok, so my friend and I have noticed something about my game... I start playing in the beginning of the day and I come out great - shooting everyone, making smart moves, not getting eliminated, getting half the kills each game, etc. But near the end of the day, I start to basically suck... I get shot out early, don't get any kills, etc. I am wondering if I have a endurance problem or maybe I get over confident and have a  bad mentality which leads to stupid plays... do you guys have any idea what it could be and/or what could fix it for me? Any help is appreciated!

Maryland Paintballer

#2 Mylz _#12

Mylz _#12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

have you tried getting more sleep and eating? I would also try to be in shape more when you play because not being in shape can interfere with your game.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Probably a combination of fitness level, dehydration and low blood sugar (or caffeine or nicotine withdrawls if you drink coffee or smoke). Kinda happens to everybody. Make sure youre drinking lots of water and having some carbs and something salty (like crackers or a gatorade) and the fitness just comes with time.

#4 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Probably a combination of fitness level, dehydration and low blood sugar (or caffeine or nicotine withdrawls if you drink coffee or smoke). Kinda happens to everybody. Make sure youre drinking lots of water and having some carbs and something salty (like crackers or a gatorade) and the fitness just comes with time.

What are some good snacks to bring to the field? I don't really pack snacks and usually just eat the fields food but I was thinking about bringing plenty of water and fruit, a couple of sandwiches/wraps, and gatorade. Would that be good?

Maryland Paintballer

#5 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

What are some good snacks to bring to the field? I don't really pack snacks and usually just eat the fields food but I was thinking about bringing plenty of water and fruit, a couple of sandwiches/wraps, and gatorade. Would that be good?

trail mix is great snack to bring to the field. also things like cliff bars or another type of protein bar. gatorade and water are also a must 

#6 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Alright thanks! I'll start working out for the physical side and watch paintball games for the mental side of paintball.

Maryland Paintballer

#7 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

How can I improve the mental side of paintball? Is there any other way besides playing?

Maryland Paintballer

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

How can I improve the mental side of paintball? Is there any other way besides playing?

Studying and being taught. If you ever get a chance to attend a clinic TAKE IT. If there are any teams in your area you could always ask to attend a practice.

#9 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Studying and being taught. If you ever get a chance to attend a clinic TAKE IT. If there are any teams in your area you could always ask to attend a practice.

I live in Maryland so maybe I could attend University of Maryland's practices or something like that.

Maryland Paintballer

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Do you play at PAP? PM Justin B., he lives in Marylamd amd plays there. He can tell you about the U's team too...

#11 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Do you play at PAP? PM Justin B., he lives in Marylamd amd plays there. He can tell you about the U's team too...

I play at Robin Hood but I might hit up Justin B. and see if we could play together sometime.

Maryland Paintballer

#12 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

I am starting cardio and have been running every other day along with weight lifting every day. Do you think that is a good balance? I am a skinny guy so it is already hard for me to gain weight and muscle - I don't want to run so much that I don't gain much muscle, but I still want to be in good enough running shape so that I can be effective on the paintball field and be able to run for a long time.

Maryland Paintballer

#13 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I am starting cardio and have been running every other day along with weight lifting every day. Do you think that is a good balance? I am a skinny guy so it is already hard for me to gain weight and muscle - I don't want to run so much that I don't gain much muscle, but I still want to be in good enough running shape so that I can be effective on the paintball field and be able to run for a long time.

You'll need a calorie surplus and make sure most of what you're eating are around 40-50% carbs 35-45%protein and 25-35% fats. Your muscles grow when you're resting so lifting every day is not optimal for muscle growth. 3-4x a day is what works well for most people. Have a gym routine like mondays-Leg day, Tuesday-Rest day, Wed-Back & Biceps, Thursday-Rest day, Friday- Chest & Triceps, Saturday- Shoulders (front delta & Rear Delts) & Traps. 

Cardio is great to do everyday. Make sure you are eating more calories than your body needs to maintain. About 200-350 in surplus calories for bulking is what works well for me. Also, you can expect 5-10lbs of muscle mass if you have perfect nutrition and a flawless workout routine as well as great genetics. Sucks but its true... So you don't have to worry about "gaining too much muscle".

Good luck bro!

Edited by Talucci, 25 January 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#14 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

http://scoobysworksh...e-workout-plan/

This is the plan I'm following so its not working the same muscle every day, it actually is a 4 day cycle, the 4th day being rest.

Maryland Paintballer

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Something I forgot to mention is that after a big adrenaline rush I seem to "crash" and be very mentally drained. Not sure if that happens to everyone but Im always shaky after a really intense game like a 1 on 1.

#16 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Something I forgot to mention is that after a big adrenaline rush I seem to "crash" and be very mentally drained. Not sure if that happens to everyone but Im always shaky after a really intense game like a 1 on 1.

Me too ^ A lot of things that are intense and that gets my adrenaline pumping will lead to a crash after, at least for me.

Maryland Paintballer

#17 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I live in Maryland so maybe I could attend University of Maryland's practices or something like that.

Xcavator's private field. They are d3 im pretty sure. prices are great and they have nice bunkers

#18 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Xcavator's private field. They are d3 im pretty sure. prices are great and they have nice bunkers

I'll look into that, how much is it and do they have paint and air there?

Maryland Paintballer

#19 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'll look into that, how much is it and do they have paint and air there?

entry, case of paint, and air is $45. I havent been up there yet but have been invited. You can message them on facebook for details

#20 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

That's actually a really good price... why did you decide not to go?

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 28 January 2014 - 08:14 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users