• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ClintonRu

ClintonRu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

I plan on camping so I'm excited about that. I saw that Sean Scott said they will let camping open on Thursday. My only worry is that when we are all out on the field, where should I leave my gear bag? Is there a spot at cpx for it or just leave it in my car. Just a little confused since I haven't been to Challenge Park before.

#2 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to TechPB! CPX can be a great place to go and play. Living Legends will be a great time for you.

In regards to your question, you have a few choices, you can leave your gear around the TechPB area. It's an area that always seems to have users and has had no issues to this point with theft. Or you can leave it in your car. I know they have officers walking the premises during the day so this helps with the security and safety for the event.

Hope this answers your questions.

#3 ClintonRu

ClintonRu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Thank you so much Willie. I am glad I will be attending and be a part of The New Empire. This event will be killer! Already got my blue gear as shown in my profile picture. Lol.

Thanks again.

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

There are also a select few number of lockers available for stashing gear.  You must supply your own lock.  I would still suggest leaving unneccessary gear in your vehicle locked away out of sight.  And like Willie said there is a TechPB unofficial staging area full of players and parents of players.  Most will look out for the gear around them if they see randoms lurking around.  I've had the luck to see the same people in the area for the last  few years so it's easy to know who goes with what gear.

#5 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I wouldn't count on those lockers this year as it sounds like the area where those are is going to be in play this year.  Unless they move them anyway.  TechPBs staging area is always pretty secure even just out of the fact that it so close to the main flow of people that you would see if anyone was up to no good.  I've always just kept my gear bag at the car, not even in it, and never had a problem.  just don't invite people to your gear by leaving it sit out in the open with everything exposed.

#6 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

My policy is to keep you gear in a lockable container (plastic tubs, duffle bag with lockable zippers, etc).  Anything that would draw attention if someone tried to get into it or run off with it.

Under no circumstances, should you leave gear (Gun, tank, paint, hopper, etc) without you or someone you designate watching it.  It's relatively easy for someone to casually walk-through our staging area, pick up an un-watched item, and just keep on walking.

#7 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

We have never really had an issue with stuff being stolen besides in the days that the NPPL was doing an event side by side with legends. With that being said, it is always best to be safe than sorry. On another note, people lose things all the time on the field and it is amazing how many expensive items get turned in and returned to their owner. Heck, I returned a vest to a guy about a month ago from Living Legends 5!!

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#8 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

most of the gearbags are lockable now so if you put you gun, loader, tank in there and put a padlock on it and use a bike lock through the handle to a sign or table, that bags not goin anywhere

#9 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've never had anything stolen at CPX, and I tend to bring an arsenal to living legends. 

The trick is to keep a clean pit area. People that tend to get things that come up missing, are the ones who scatter their stuff all over the place, then leave for the field. 

The neater you keep your pit area, the less likely anything will come up missing. Keep everything tight, tucked together, out of sight = out of mind

When I head on the field, all my gear is usually tucked into my gearbag / bin. I leave nothing on the table, nothing scattered in the grass. I rarely have more than a case or two of paint near my gearbag along with my caddy, and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users