#1 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

LL7-Map-Test-web.jpg

Last year we had almost 2000 players and we are expecting a 25%+ increase for this year. With this in mind, we have made massive changes to the field boundaries. In the past, the pavilions and Central Park area was used for staging. for 2014, this area will be in play and netted off. This will help to open up the field more. 

Since Living legends 4, there is a skirmish every hour between 2 legions for points. This skirmish will be moved off the main field and moved to a map that is to be determined. This is marked on the map as SKIRMISH MAP TBD. This will take more than a 1/5th of the players off every hour freeing up more room on the main playing field to run missions and play. 

The Last Battle field will be more than doubling in size pulling in Jungle of Doom. This is necessary for the safety of the players and in order to hold more people.

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#2 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

OMG YOU CALLED THEM MAPS???!!!   Just Kidding, you probably made a lot of XBoxers happy :P

Seriously though, it looks Interesting!  A couple questions:

Where will be the insertion and starting locations be for the Skirmish field?

Will these skirmishes be formally started and stopped?

#3 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

As Sean said; "This skirmish will be moved off the main field and moved to a map that is to be determined. This is marked on the map as SKIRMISH MAP TBD." We are currently working to determine the best skirmish layout in that area. This includes what part of Wastelands, boundaries, and starting points.

Of course they will be formally started and stopped. Imagine the previous skirmish format with the domination boxes run as giant speedball games with ONE reinsertion.

More details to come

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

OMG YOU CALLED THEM MAPS???!!!   Just Kidding, you probably made a lot of XBoxers happy :P

Seeing as how it's a picture of the field, you could call it a map of the field. You only make Xboxers happy when you're on the field, and you still call it a map, instead of a field. :P

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Of course they will be formally started and stopped. Imagine the previous skirmish format with the domination boxes run as giant speedball games with ONE reinsertion.

More details to come

It sounds interesting, I have to admit that.  But I can only imagine a smaller version of the final battle with longballing be prevelant.  It only comes down to who can hit the timer at the end, assuming the points get distributed to who holds the time the longest.  Now if its a scale points/time, I can imagine some chaos, which I approve of.

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

It'll likely be like the old style, he who has his finger in the box longer wins. I do like the sound of a scaling idea, if for nothing else then the pure absolute chaos the last 5 minutes would bring..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I must say i'm really pumped to see these new changes in action! Looks like this year however i'm going to need to bring my own table and chair sense there will less tables to go around.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#8 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

On another note, is any netting going to be removed that will be on the inside part of the field? Like sense central park is going to be in play is the netting infront of bedlam going to be removed or?

Sorry if that question made no sense! :D

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

#9 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Of course that will be removed.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#10 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

sweet!!! If you follow the top red line closely... 

THE RAILROAD TRACKS ARE IN PLAY!!!!!

This is going to be me and Dragan right here!

PD44511661_STA018C_1917804b.jpg

jk everyone, stay far away from the railroad tracks, because Amtrak going 90mph doesn't give a shit if you have a mission in that area LOL

#11 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

idk how i like the idea of an off main feild skirmish feild. i kinda liked that the skirmishes turned into one giant shit show, that was kinda there charm. i get that the idea is to only have one legion fighting another legion, and thats hard to do on the main field, but if the overall goal is really to break up stalemates, then having other legions around "supporting" your skirmish legion still serves that goal. there are only so many bodys on each team right? they can't be everywhere at once right?

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#12 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

The schedule of Skirmishes will be posted weeks in advance. There will be banners with the schedule and you will get a trifold when you register with it in there too. With changes in registration, it should balance things out pretty good and make for a good fight. It will help add to the shit talk before and after the event (keeping people engaged) and it also removes players from the main playing field. This will allow us to hold more people. I am expecting 2500 for LL7. You saw what it was like for LL6. If we did it the same, what do you think would happen with several hundred additional players?

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#13 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

sweet!!! If you follow the top red line closely... 

THE RAILROAD TRACKS ARE IN PLAY!!!!!

This is going to be me and Dragan right here!

PD44511661_STA018C_1917804b.jpg

jk everyone, stay far away from the railroad tracks, because Amtrak going 90mph doesn't give a shit if you have a mission in that area LOL

LOL

That area is fenced off isn't it?  I never actually made it down to the tape on the north side.

idk how i like the idea of an off main feild skirmish feild. i kinda liked that the skirmishes turned into one giant shit show, that was kinda there charm. i get that the idea is to only have one legion fighting another legion, and thats hard to do on the main field, but if the overall goal is really to break up stalemates, then having other legions around "supporting" your skirmish legion still serves that goal. there are only so many bodys on each team right? they can't be everywhere at once right?

The way I see it, we need the space given last year's numbers and this year's predicted but, we can't simply lengthen the field as that'd leave a pretty nasty choke point where the bus traffic circle is.  Unless they cut down the camping where the word "netting" is shown, and ran a line directly from the north side of the CPX Sports main building, to southeast of wastelands.  Even then, you've created a waist that runs though the chrono area.

I can't say I'm altogether motivated just yet to do missions there.  It'll really depend how the Skirmish area is setup. 

#14 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

So with all the Skirmish missions moved to a different area, what types of missions will remain on the main field of play?

#15 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Probably the capture and hold missions, retrieval (i.e. find stuff), and activities related to the storyline.

#16 Mental

Mental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Great idea to rotate a few hundred players out and back in every hour or so. I'll have to pack less paint and air each trip out... I always plan to stay in for as long as I can.

That's like Rental

But with an"M"

#17 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Definitely going to be picking up a larger tank this year for LL7, don't think my 45/4500 Ninja will cut it, now that I am back to Tournament Markers :-P. 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users