16 replies to this topic

#1 wingmasterjr

wingmasterjr

Techpbs #1 Furry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

So im a 17 year old Senior in high school and in my 11th grade year i became truant. I live in the great state of Georgia and the law is if you miss 10 days of school you cant get your license till you graduate. WELL i missed 14 days not knowing the consequence because I was DUMB and they are suppose to send a letter when you skip 3 days, 5 days, 8 days and the big 10 day letter. One day I come home and get all letters at once at the end of the year. They basically screwed me and have ruined my last year in highschool.

Some of you are wondering why i missed 14 days, the reason was my drunk unemployed father would not take me to school some days and at some point just completely stopped. So i had to ride the bus.......without knowing the time it came, I eventually figured it out after a couple days but by then it was to late i guess. Some days I didnt go to school because of depression, my parents used to fight constantly every night (and of course they were drunk).

But what made it worse is we didnt know I couldnt get my license and I was one of the few chosen to do the work based learning program. The program let me out of school early to go to work, so my grandparents gave me a early birthday present of a 96 camry Le. So of course we go to the school to get my attendence record to get my license, the lady refused to sign it because of my truancy last year. So I wasted my grandparents money and my time and couldnt get a job because I have no transportation to work. I now cant attend my senior prom, I cant work, I cant go to college imeadiatly, I cant even go buy myself some mcdonalds.

I accepted the fact a while ago but after what I have been through I know this is a cruel punishment. Ive had to walk 6.5 miles to school 5 times because ive missed the bus and if i miss any days can be sent to jail. Ive walked from my house to others houses as far as 8 miles just to hang out and have fun with friends because i do not have a ride, its not fun at all and takes a fuck ton of time. I then got a bike, well I leant it to a friend and he would give me $10 so he could get to work. It worked out smooth for about 2 months until he came with a $20 and said the bike had been stolen. So im broke, have no job, and have to walk again!

Well I want your opinions on if the law is broken or not, because it has basically ruined my life as of july 2013. I cant get my license but a 16 year old with less experience and failing grades can, I mean wtf!

Posted Image Techpbs #1 furry was here....

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Talk to a counselor. You shouldnt be punished due to your parents irresponsibility.

#3 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

That seems like a really strange rule.

When I was in highschool I missed much more then that a year.

Definitely talk to someone about that, if its not your fault

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#4 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Mexico?

109.gif

#5 wingmasterjr

wingmasterjr

Techpbs #1 Furry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

There is no way I could walk to mexico from georgia XD

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

... Canada?

109.gif

#7 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

... Canada?

i second this 

#8 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Push through, get that high school diploma. I'm only 21 but high school was the hardest and most awkward time of my life so far. Everything got better once I moved out at 18 and became a man. Seriously consider gtfo ing out of that house once you graduate high school. Its not healthy for you and they unfortunately are holding you back. Think about going somewhere that houses you and pays you to work.

Also hi.

Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#9 wingmasterjr

wingmasterjr

Techpbs #1 Furry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Canada would be great if i wasnt a wimp when its cold :P

Nice to see you again Nick! My dad has moved out of the house so the fighting is pretty much over, he has gone sober. But everytime he comes over he drinks because my mom refuses to quit. So ima gtfo as fast as possible, gonna get the pell grant which basically pays all my college and just get a dorm room or something.

#10 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

Georgia fuck yeah!!!

#11 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

You wont get sent to jail for skipping school. There is no criminal charge on that. They wouldn't have a legal reason to bring you in. They would most likely pick you up and drive you to school after having a long talk with you and your parents. But I know for a fact you cant go to jail for skipping class. 

#12 wingmasterjr

wingmasterjr

Techpbs #1 Furry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

I miss read the law cloaked, my parents risk getting fined, going on probation or being jailed. Appearently they are held accountable and it counts as neglect, I doubt it would happen though.

#13 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

talk to your counselor. Seeing as how strict your local school district and laws are, I cannot speak on how forgiving they are, however, in my school, the counselors are very nice people who are mostly understanding. 

if that doesn't work, make a giant scene about it, get some attention in a newspaper, get it to the supreme court,  and become famous. 

#14 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

This is why city life is the best. You can go months where the only place you have to drive to is to visit relatives.
I am a raccoon.

#15 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

The need for me to drive a truck wearing a flannel and carharts while weilding a ax to go chop down a tree dose not go with city living. Also the smog is gross and i find people in the city very hard to relate to. I have hitch hiked before and still do but i wouldnt recomend it.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

an axe

jussayin

Edited by kingJurzy, 20 January 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#17 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Just tough it out. I didn't get my license until I was 20 because my bitch of a stepmom wouldn't let me when I was younger. So I was stuck having to bike 6 miles to work 4 days of the week. It sucked, but I pushed through and it all worked out over time.

You wont get sent to jail for skipping school. There is no criminal charge on that. They wouldn't have a legal reason to bring you in. They would most likely pick you up and drive you to school after having a long talk with you and your parents. But I know for a fact you cant go to jail for skipping class. 

Georgia has a compulsory attendance code for students between the ages of 6 and 16 that can be punishable by confinement in a juvenile facility.
However, if seen as a fault of the parent(s), like in this case, the charges would fall unto them and not the child.

Edited by Antonious, 28 January 2014 - 03:12 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users