24 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Ok im going to get this out of the way right now. Im 19 and I have a greater respect for the elderly than anyone I know. I've been working in Geriatrics since I was 16 and it's a very rewarding field. This background got me thinking.Have you guys ever noticed that there are a lot of "Old Dudes" who still play paintball? 

Every field always has some hard as nails Basil Plumley, 60 year old titanium hip death machine who's only goal is to crush all the people younger than him into the ground because he still can do it and wants everyone to know he can still do it. Otherwise take the boys to school. Kinda like the old guys in pick up basketball that show up to the court and rain three's on guys 1/4 of their age. 

I noticed that every field has at least one or two Old Dudes that absolutely tear it up out there. Most of the time its rec/scenario very rarely will you find them on the airball field. Most of the time they are shooting a mech gun like a Mag, Cocker or Tippman sometimes even nelson based pump guns, rarely are they electros. 

I've come to one simple conclusion, that everyone that age who has been playing as long as they have have super powers. They can dodge paint and they seem to shoot with perfect accuracy never missing a shot when they shoot. For some reason they also seem to manage to go all MGS3 "The End" on us and disappear into the bushes take a quick nap then proceed to headshot you while your completely oblivious of their location. 

All the more power to you old dudes. Keep on doing what your doing, have fun kick ass and I can only hope that one day I will gain the knowledge and super powers to become a true master of the game of woodsball.  

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

In my videos the "HenryCam" is my father in law. He is unreal on the field, and will shoot you out even though you KNOW he is there, and he still will wait you out and when you least expect it, BAM, you are out! 

He is Cherokee Indian, and is silent in the woods... (he is 63!)

Actually in my latest video you can see him owning me yet again, right when I was convinced I had taken out the last of their flag guards... Only to have him tag me with a one shot one kill from behind a tree!

We all wanted to see him hunting, so we chipped in on his camera so we could have "HenryCam" footage to figure out how he is able to do it to us so often! 

Sad thing is, I watched him do this EXACT same thing the game before (you can see the footage here

) to some kids, and I WAS FILMING THE ENTIRE MOVE... And yet, the VERY next game he does the exact same thing to ME! haha!

And he had pulled his calf muscle a few days before the game pushing starting his car as his battery had died on him... He still played and just "guarded" the flag! We ended up putting him on my team after that 4th game as my young guys were demoralized as he wouldn't let anyone capture the flag from our team as he just shot us as we got close! 

After he was guarding our flag, our team finally won some games! haha!

He is a BEAST on the field!

Edited by FreeEnterprise, 21 January 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#3 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Oh yeah there is this one guy at my field, must be around 50 something. Have only played about a year and still kicks ass on a regular basis. He shots an 09 Ego but uses up paint like he's shooting a pump. Wonder how he does it  :huh:  

o8qo.jpg

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

I know that guy. He comes off like a huge dick when he's playing. 

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 the Vampire

the Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

There's an older player at my feild who I guess played back in the day haven't really talked to him at all. He just uses a mech, I think it's cool having older more experienced players at the feild.

http://www.techpb.co...y/#entry3326107

AndrewTheWookie: just think of all the star wars movies coming up too

AndrewTheWookie: we are truly in the golden age of cinema

#6 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

.Have you guys ever noticed that there are a lot of "Old Dudes" who still play paintball? 

If you're in the Boston area, yer pretty much in the heart of where paintball started. It shouldn't be surprising to occasionally run into someone who was there back then and never quit playing.

I'm 55 and been playing over 25 years around New England...And I regularly play with guys who call me the noob.

CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#7 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

.Have you guys ever noticed that there are a lot of "Old Dudes" who still play paintball? 

If you're in the Boston area, yer pretty much in the heart of where paintball started. It shouldn't be surprising to occasionally run into someone who was there back then and never quit playing.

I'm 55 and been playing over 25 years around New England...And I regularly play with guys who call me the noob.

I play mostly in MA or NH. Boston Paintball, BOLP, OSG, AG, FOX all those fields. Lots of the old folks. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Experience beats youth every time.

#9 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

I've got a 60+ year old guy on my UWL team.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#10 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I went to world cup with a 50 year old player. We did decentish

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#11 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I never judge. I look at older players as if they have more skill and will do nothing more than simply out play you. And those squeekers that have a luxe that daddy bought them. I look at them like the little pigmeys from diablo 2 with the big knives and explode on you when you kill them....its all for fun!!

#12 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

The oldest guy I've ever seen at my field was probably 60 and he was a first time renter.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#13 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

I have seen A LOT of older guys. Sometimes they come in groups. All of them for the most part have older gear too. Its like the paintball country club. 

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I've seen two at my field. One guy is like 60 and is very friendly. The other is 50ish and is my friends dad, and he's the cocky older player who's sole goal is to get everyone out.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

My field had a older guy, but he could play like he was in his mid 20s. 

#16 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

My team founder is 20 years older than me at 63,he's been playing since the sport began.Only uses Tippmann 98s and CO2,master of the one ball headshot

#17 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Im tellin ya man these old dudes have superpowers. 

#18 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Nope were just more patient I play at Boston paintball outdoor usually with an angel lcd or a cocker (twister) just picked up a smg60 for speedball
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

There is a 50 year old russian man where I used to play named Alex, and he is the best back player I've ever played against and he doesn't shoot more than 2 pods a game... Quite possibly the best non pro player I've ever met.

109.gif

#20 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

biggest thing ive found with newer players(not a bash just something ive noticed) they dont take the time to learn there gear,ive used cockers since 97 angels since 2000 give me 4 pods and i know how there gonna shoot

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#21 Ninjaafro

Ninjaafro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

There is a guy that's about 65 at my field and he shoots a lv1 lol

#22 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

i did have fun getting schooled by an older player then me (im 43 been playing since 94) got hit three times from an older dude 60-65 never saw him coming..im the sneaky old geezer at my field (bps outdoor)..then i notice his jersey says "wild geese"  they started in 1990 and haven't stopped since world champs several times..was fun to have another old school player to go against

#23 Honest joe

Honest joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

There's an older player at my field that my friends and I are convinced has super powers. He's seemingly able to account for more than half of the other team, no matter what they shoot while he uses a pump gun with a 50 round loader. He also has the ability to fix any marker that is given to him, seemingly just by touching it.

#24 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

My guy would WRECK all your guys.

109.gif

#25 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

There's an older player at my field that my friends and I are convinced has super powers. He's seemingly able to account for more than half of the other team, no matter what they shoot while he uses a pump gun with a 50 round loader. He also has the ability to fix any marker that is given to him, seemingly just by touching it.

If he played for Wild Geese and was one of the core players he's defiantly very old school haha. Their team formed in the early 80's. I believe the team is still around too, with all different members of course. 

I'm sure he's someone you could learn a lot from about the sports history. If he's still playing today he's seen the sport throughout it's entire existence.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users