• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TheMamaLuigi

TheMamaLuigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Are there any good woodsball guns that are accurate and reliable? Please give me any suggestions

Edited by TheMamaLuigi, 21 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#2 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

what's a "woodsball" gun?

how does it differ from a "paintball" gun?

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Any paintball gun. And it will be as accurate as whatever paint you use and how clean you keep it. Also as reliable as any other if you do proper maintenance.

If you are looking for a TACTICAL style marker look up the Smart Parts SP-1.

#4 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

great techpb video on the subject! I personally use a 98 custom platinum with a flatline or my 2k3 summer edition WGP autococker with chipley pump kit. Super-semi's like Dye or Ego's are great in the woods though! There is no such thing as a good woods ball marker, just great markers! If you are interested in the Tippmann's like me here is another good video below.

At the end of the day, remember it is the players skill that matters the most. Get a paintball gun and play as often as you can, that will make you and your marker the best woodsball threat!

QUOTE (U83R 1337 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

#5 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I use a Tippmann A-5. In my opinion it is one of the best low cost markers out there, if you are playing on a budget!

Or if you just don't want to mess with your marker when you could be playing! 

Here is some video of mine in action! 

#6 TheMamaLuigi

TheMamaLuigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Thank you all!

#7 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thank you all!

Anytime, enjoy playing!

Edited by The-Sniper, 26 January 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

#8 cc1471

cc1471

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

I was playing in a scenario game in Orange Texas and a heard a guy dropped his expensive electronic marker in a mud hole. His day was over.

#9 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'd also go Sp1

109.gif

#10 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

SP1/G1 with or without blackheart, it's your choice. I may be wrong but isn't the blackheart board waterproof?

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#11 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

its water "resistance" i dunk my extcy's blackheart every time i need to find a leak

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#12 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

its water "resistance" i dunk my extcy's blackheart every time i need to find a leak

Thank you for clarifying

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#13 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

I was playing in a scenario game in Orange Texas and a heard a guy dropped his expensive electronic marker in a mud hole. His day was over.

SP1/G1 with or without blackheart, it's your choice. I may be wrong but isn't the blackheart board waterproof?

Dropping ANY gun in a mud-hole is going to give you marker issues, and as far as water-resistent or water-proof boards... Why are you getting your marker wet enough for that to matter? I have played in heavy rain with the PMR I used to have and it was completely fine. The only way water will ruin an electro is if you do something completely stupid like try to swim through a creek, or have a really unfortunate accident like the guy CC mentioned. The point is that if there are conditions to break an electro they can probably break a mech/pump/any other marker. The myth that electros are much less durable has been around a while, but tourney players beat the crap out of their equipment diving and sliding into bunkers and they hold up fine to that.

Edited by The-Sniper, 04 February 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#14 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

I would like to point out that there is no such thing as a woodsball or air ball only marker.  It's purely personal preference in regards to both.  I dive in the woods with my G6R all the time.  Nearly all boards are sealed for water resistance and playing in the rain will do more damage to your paint than the marker itself.

I find the most glaring difference in woodsball/scenario and air/hyperball to be barrels in all honesty.  And the glaring reason behind that is flatline and apex barrels.  Even then I still run my stock barrel and have a great time.  Forces you into a real shot range instead of long balling.

#15 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Exactly.. Goes both ways too, I'll rock my 98 custom platinum flatline out on a speedball field whenever. I know my hopper sticks out to the right, but I'm practicing lefty with it, and I think it could be a pretty strong marker for someone playing the left side of the field. A good marker is good marker in a good players hands no matter what the field.

Edited by The-Sniper, 05 February 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#16 wysharkb8

wysharkb8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

Pretty much anything Tippmann is a very reliable option. I personally shoot the Tippmann X7 Phenom w/ E trigger. It gives you the best of both worlds, you can program the trigger for full auto, burst, or response, but if the battery dies midgame or for some crazy reason it gets wet enough to malfuntion the trigger you can switch to mechanical in the flip of the safety. I also like the fact that it comes with the cyclone feeder which is able to keep up to the full auto with ease thus reducing ball chops. Not the mention you can pretty much customize it to look like most any style gun you like. AR, MP5, ect...

#17 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Budget (used prices) / Gun

$5 Brass Eagle Stingray

$50 Tippmann 98 Custom with some upgrades

$75 Tippmann A5 with some upgrades

$100 Gog Enmey

$125 GoG G1 or Smart Sp1

$225 Tippmann Crossover

$275 PE Etha with rail kit

$325 AGD Tac One with some upgrades

$450 G6R Tactial

Choose what you like within the list and go from there.  If it's your first marker, a G1/SP1 is a good bang for buck.

#18 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Budget (used prices) / Gun

$5 Brass Eagle Stingray

$50 Tippmann 98 Custom with some upgrades

$75 Tippmann A5 with some upgrades

$100 Gog Enmey

$125 GoG G1 or Smart Sp1

$225 Tippmann Crossover

$275 PE Etha with rail kit

$325 AGD Tac One with some upgrades

$450 G6R Tactial

Choose what you like within the list and go from there.  If it's your first marker, a G1/SP1 is a good bang for buck.

For real? Only $5? That's awesome but at that point i'd just keep it and lend it to buddies.

Edited by Living Legends Fan, 25 February 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#19 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

For real? Only $5? That's awesome but at that point i'd just keep it and lend it to buddies.

Friends don't let friends use brass eagles.

#20 Key

Key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Their is truth in those words.

Looking for a Good Field in the Albany Area?

Their Website: http://albanyscenarioclub.com

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook...anyScenarioClub

#21 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

I suppose I feel where your coming from. :tup:

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#22 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

For the most part, yes, I'd agree.

However, some of the markers they made when they were based out of Mississauga, Ontario were pretty cool.  Good guns?  Well, maybe for the time, but not by today's standards.  Though, they were definitely cool guns.

Golden Eagle

http://www.vintagere...lden Eagle.html

http://www.haveblue...._youngblood.jpg

Nightmare Ninja

http://www.vintagere... Nightmare.html

Barracuda

http://www.vintagere.../Barracuda.html

And we can't forget that they made the 3rd electronic gun, the Rainmaker.  I *love* Rainmakers.  They'll tear themselves apart if you don't do the Mad Marty Mods, but they're a fearsome presence on any field.  One guy I knew put a trumpet bell on the end of his barrel and it was the loudest paintball gun, bar none, that I've ever heard.  I once accidentally fired mine in my basement and started yelling about tinnitus like Sterling Archer.  Whenever I play with mine I constantly get chrono'd as refs can't believe something that loud is shooting the field limits.  

http://www.vintagere.../Rainmaker.html

So, yeah, Brass Eagle for a reliable woodsball gun?  No.

Brass Eagle for the "cool" factor?  With certain ones, yes.

#23 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

I was just making a joke. My first marker ever was a Brass Eagle Talon with Brass Eagle brand paint (best combo ever right ;))  that I got for christmas after begging my parents for a paintball gun when I was 11. I loved the thing, and even though I couldn't shoot a shot accurately past twenty feet, I would be out in the cold of winter every day shooting that thing until I was out of that brittle paint and co2 cartidges. So don't misunderstand my humor as me thinking Brass Eagles aren't cool, heck, without the Talon I may have never played paintball at all.

Edited by The-Sniper, 30 March 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#24 ChaseThatPaint

ChaseThatPaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

I own and have played with an Sp-1 and BT-TM15 L.E and personally, I love the way the TM-15 looks, but the Sp-1 has a smoother shot, weighs less, is easier to maintain, and feels more natural to me, the TM-15 is a tad cumbersome for me. Can't go wrong with a spool valve. :P

Edited by ChaseThatPaint, 21 March 2014 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users