Photo

Empire Prophecy Z2 vs Dye Rotor

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Empire Prophecy Z2 vs Dye Rotor (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Empire Prophecy Z2 vs Dye Rotor

1. Empire Prophecy Z2 (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Dye Rotor (20 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

I haven't had experience with it, so my judgement on it would be inaccurate, but from how your experience was it sounds like all these loaders are better, though with no personal experience I can't say for sure, but I'll look into it, I'll probably add the Pinokio Speed soon to this comparison, but I think it's pretty similar to the Pinokio, but it has a smaller profile, a nylon shell, and it only holds 180 rounds, there may be other differences, but those are the only changes I notice on first glance.

#52 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Yeah the transparency bit is off, I was thinking about the old prophecy, as for Jawz comments, I changed what I agree with, however as far as maintenance goes the pinokio is the easiest simply because you simply have to pop off the cone and wipe out the inside, you don't have to unscrew the prop only the battery case (if you're changing batteries, not very often in Pinokio), though I changed it to 3rd in that category to be more accurate. As far as gentleness goes the pinokio is slightly more gentle than the prophecy, but it probably won't be noticeable. The prophecy will jam occasionally, though it is quickly fixed due to auto anti-jam, therefore pinokio and spire are better in this category, I hope this is a more accurate assesment.

Well, if all you have to do is take the top off of the pinokio and clean the inside, all you would have to do with all 3 of the other loaders is the same thing. Pop the top shell of the rotor off, pop the front shell of the prophecy off, pop the lid of the spire off and boom, equal or more of a space to fit your and in and wipe. The pinokio is not gentler then a prophecy, this is because it is simply a motor and a bin sensor (I hope I spelled that right), all that happens is a ball hits the sensor and the prop spins forcing another ball after that meaning if there was an issue where the shaft continued spinning (as there is no fail safe) the balls would break. With the prophecy if the mic hears a shot it will spin the prophecy, it also has infrared sensors to insure that it has only move the appropriate distance and the fail safe is that once the Z2 "feels" the stack it will not continue spinning saving you fro having to clean up a ton of paint. 

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#53 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

Well since the rotor has multiple parts you have to clean them all in order to get paint out of the loader, and simply taking off the top won't get all the paint out of the hopper, and you have to take the prophecy apart as well to really clean the loader. You don't really have to do this with the pinokio, though I guess you could take off the prop, but it wouldn't really help much, and it's only one part, sure you need a screw driver, so yes it's not tool-less (if you want to take off the prop), though you shouldn't have to take it off to fully clean the inside of the hopper. This is why I think it's easier to maintain, it's simpler and all you truly have to do is pop off the nose cone and wipe it down. As for gentleness the pinokio is slightly more gentle as the bend sensor is pretty accurate and I have not seen the shaft continue spinning as I believe the shaft will only spin for a certain time for each bend so if the bend sensor is stuck in the bent position it won't continue to spin, so there is a fail safe in a way. Yes the Z2 is also pretty gentle on paint, I'm just getting into very minute details that you won't really notice, but probably due to all the sensors of the prophecy it sometimes makes a mistake and feeds unnecessarily causing paintball to dimple or break (simplicity is better, complication only increases the chance of an error), and I haven't ever seen a Pinokio have this problem. While the Prophecy is a great loader, and I'm guessing you have one and love it, and that's great, I'm simply trying to display the facts and not be biased towards a certain loader. I must say that all the loaders are easy to maintain and will feed paint phenomenally and you shouldn't have a problem with any, I'm just getting into very specific minute details that you may or may not notice.

#54 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Well since the rotor has multiple parts you have to clean them all in order to get paint out of the loader, and simply taking off the top won't get all the paint out of the hopper, and you have to take the prophecy apart as well to really clean the loader. You don't really have to do this with the pinokio, though I guess you could take off the prop, but it wouldn't really help much, and it's only one part, sure you need a screw driver, so yes it's not tool-less (if you want to take off the prop), though you shouldn't have to take it off to fully clean the inside of the hopper. This is why I think it's easier to maintain, it's simpler and all you truly have to do is pop off the nose cone and wipe it down. As for gentleness the pinokio is slightly more gentle as the bend sensor is pretty accurate and I have not seen the shaft continue spinning as I believe the shaft will only spin for a certain time for each bend so if the bend sensor is stuck in the bent position it won't continue to spin, so there is a fail safe in a way. Yes the Z2 is also pretty gentle on paint, I'm just getting into very minute details that you won't really notice, but probably due to all the sensors of the prophecy it sometimes makes a mistake and feeds unnecessarily causing paintball to dimple or break (simplicity is better, complication only increases the chance of an error), and I haven't ever seen a Pinokio have this problem. While the Prophecy is a great loader, and I'm guessing you have one and love it, and that's great, I'm simply trying to display the facts and not be biased towards a certain loader. I must say that all the loaders are easy to maintain and will feed paint phenomenally and you shouldn't have a problem with any, I'm just getting into very specific minute details that you may or may not notice.

Actually no, My Z2 caught fire, I own all 3 (rotor, nokio, and Z2) so I'm anything but biased. I know exactly what's good and bad about the loaders and the only loader I really would be, if I was, biased to would be the rotor as it's the only gun that hasn't broken on me.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#55 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

Oh, sorry about that, I read your older posts after writing it, yeah I have the rotor as well, I use to have a Pinokio but the feedneck broke, so I got a rotor, though I may go back to Pinokio with the new Pinokio speed, since it's made of nylon like the other loaders I don't believe that will be a problem anymore. Out of curiosity did you have more breaks in your pinokio than your prophecy? Just wondering why you think it's gentler on paint than the Pinokio.

#56 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Oh, sorry about that, I read your older posts after writing it, yeah I have the rotor as well, I use to have a Pinokio but the feedneck broke, so I got a rotor, though I may go back to Pinokio with the new Pinokio speed, since it's made of nylon like the other loaders I don't believe that will be a problem anymore. Out of curiosity did you have more breaks in your pinokio than your prophecy? Just wondering why you think it's gentler on paint than the Pinokio.

The only problem I've ever had with the pinokio when referring to paint was when I was playing airball last with it. The problem was with the bin sensor, it was having an issue and so the prop shaft kept spinning and so the paint I was using just kept blending in the pinokio, however that was human error due to my improper reassembly of the hopper. I only ever had issues with paint with my Z2 when I had a "glitched" board which would spin incorrectly (span when tension on ball stack and did not spin when I shot causing chops). After that I never had a problem with paint breaking. I stopped using the nokio because I play airball more than anything and the one time I took it to a big game the button was pushed in and the hopper ran out of battery. 

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#57 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, I can see that being a problem, though it seems it was mostly human error, though if you want me to change the ranking on maintenance and paint gentleness I will, I just don't think most people will or should completely disassemble the pinokio loader, as I do not believe it is suggested, only the prop might want to be taken out, but nothing more, especially considering the problem that you encountered by doing so. I also think that in normal operation the Pinokio is gentler, but I will not argue anymore, so if you still think the Prophecy is better in those two categories I will change them to improve the comparison.

#58 Danielcopp1999

Danielcopp1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Plus the original prophecy feed neck can break, as well as the V2.  They changed the design for the Z2.

it still feels flimsy though... I know a lot of people who had dove into the snake and broken the feedneck on their prophecy z2's and have done the same thing with their spire or rotor and nothing happend
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#59 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, I changed the durability back to Rotor = Spire > Prophecy > Pinokio, especially considering Jawz said his caught fire, so I'm pretty sure the Rotor and Spire are more durable.

#60 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Plus the original prophecy feed neck can break, as well as the V2.  They changed the design for the Z2.

it still feels flimsy though... I know a lot of people who had dove into the snake and broken the feedneck on their prophecy z2's and have done the same thing with their spire or rotor and nothing happend

The reason that the feedneck feels "flimsy" is because the Z2 is meant to "flex". Unlike a Rotor which combats abuse through being strong (it's also heavy) the Z2 absorbs abuse as when it is, for example, slammed into the ground on a dive, the feedneck flexes to prevent the entire thing snapping hence the "spine" which is designed to distribute the load through most of the hopper, this lets the Z2 stay light, noticeably lighter than the rotor I might add which at the time was it's main competitor!

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#61 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for all the help guys! I decided to get a Rotor basically because of the durability and because of how easy it is to take it apart - the only thing I am worried about is jamming... I turned down the tension so hopefully that will help (I read somewhere that it helps with jams and will not be as hard on the paint)

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 31 January 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Maryland Paintballer

#62 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Id recommend  flush or one turn from flush.  The two turns Ive heard some people suggest was jam city for me.

#63 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Id recommend  flush or one turn from flush.  The two turns Ive heard some people suggest was jam city for me.

Oh wow, I heard it was supposed to reduce jams :o Ah well, I'll try one turn from flush and run some paint through it.

Maryland Paintballer

#64 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for all the help guys! I decided to get a Rotor basically because of the durability and because of how easy it is to take it apart - the only thing I am worried about is jamming... I turned down the tension so hopefully that will help (I read somewhere that it helps with jams and will not be as hard on the paint)

Rotors, I can assure you will not stand up to football throw into the ground followed by a through stomping and toss crossfield.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#65 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Rotors, I can assure you will not stand up to football throw into the ground followed by a through stomping and toss crossfield.

Rotors are near indestructible so even if I didn't survive, I'm sure the Rotor would :P

Maryland Paintballer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users