• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilstataic

lilstataic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

I am looking for a good speed ball gun. I want one that shoots smooth, easy to maintane, and doesn't really leak. What's the better gun?

#2 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

You really shouldn't have a leakage problem with either marker. Poppits (like the Etek) are historically easier to maintain than spoolies (Rail), but Dye has done a good job of making the Rail dirty simple. It's basically a glorified Ion with a different body. Both shoot smoothly and come with great features for mid-range markers.

For the price though, you can find a great used High-end marker which would have more amenities, maybe more efficient and a smoother shot.

#3 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I agree with what Wolfe said above.  One more thing to add, as I have owned an etek 4 and my friend owns a 2013 reflex rail, is that they are two different styles of guns.  One is a poppet, one is a spool valve.  Poppits are easier to maintain but spool valves can usually be tuned to be smoother than a poppit.  Also thing to keep in mind, planet eclipse is a superb company and they have great customer support.  I'm not really sure about Dye, but I'm sure they are good as well.

Whichever you decide to get, you'll be fine with.  Try to get something used though, you can probably get some old egos or a used axe for around those prices.

#4 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Smooth is sort of a relative term. Smooth compared to what? Between those two the rail will be smoother due to it's spool valve design and high dwell. Both are simple to maintain but stack tube poppets generally just need a little oil on the ram orings and you're set. Both markers shouldn't leak. If you are looking for another choice in this price range, the axe is a great choice if you don't mind the ergonomics.

Cheers

#5 lilstataic

lilstataic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Ok thanks but I'm kind of leaning towards the 2013 proto reflex rail but I like the etek because you are able to take out the bolt with out any tools an I heard it's easier to maintaine but the reflex rail is but quieter

#6 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Why dont you get a used ego 10-11 with 500 you can get a dm12 too, instead of the etek and the rail. The egos and the dm will be both better than their "little brothers"
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#7 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

With both you get a great marker, the reflex you get the color coded o-rings to help replace them faster and easier, the Etek is very easy to clean and take apart. Both come with full color manuals. After owning an Etek i can say they are LOUD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users