• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TheMamaLuigi

TheMamaLuigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I have been looking at the Sly Profit and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this mask or any other. Help is appreciated. Also would like some good visibility.

Edited by TheMamaLuigi, 25 January 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

if you can, and everyone here will highly suggest it, go to a proshop and try on all of the masks that they sell that are above $60
look for one that fits your face comfortably, breathes well, allows you to speak loud without getting sound bouncing back into your ears, good visibility and a nice thermal lense
when you are buying a mask you shouldnt be worried about the price. dont go into the proshop and only try on the cheap masks. try on the more expensive masks as well. if you like the i4 the best, then great, get that one. if you like the e-flex the best, then great, get that mask. 
never cheap out on a mask. never compromise your safety and comfort out on the field for a cheaper cost

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

The Profit is the only high end mask I dont like. Doesnt ventilate well and the foam doesnt fit the contours of my face at all

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

I have been looking at the Sly Profit and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this mask or any other. Help is appreciated. Also would like some good visibility.

The Profit is the only high end mask I dont like. Doesnt ventilate well and the foam doesnt fit the contours of my face at all

profits are like having a pillow on your face, super nice and soft but its still a pillow so breathing is shit poor and the echoing is stupidly loud. you'll go deaf listening to your own voice as if your voice was coming from megaphones point at your ears. I'd skip them and get V-force Grill or eflexes or Dye I4s if you have a small(er) head.

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Personally I dont even care for the foam. Its so dense and no matter what angle I wear the straps the foam pushes super hard on my fprehead and barely touches my nose/cheeks.

#6 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

i would get the eflex

If you want to be on a team and are in the Chicagoland area pm me.

Save a rock, throw an Ion!

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

i would get the eflex

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

E-Flex probably have the best breathe ability of most if not all masks, but then you have a higher chance to eat paint (2 occurrences for me =/) You could also try to look into the new mask that came out, virtue vio as it has a new lens swap mech. Or you can try and wait till mid Feb when the HK KLR come out, but would HIGHLY recommend fitting them to your face than just ordering them...

E-Flex

http://www.ansgear.c...Mask_s/3370.htm

KLR

http://www.ansgear.c...Mask_s/4430.htm

VIO

http://search.store....allgateway.com/

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#9 Rmartin2

Rmartin2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Profits feel amazing in the store and to me is the best looking mask out, but I would be worried about actually playing in anything above 85 deg. They seem like they would get hot with the padding on the ears and the inability to vent. Like others have suggested try on everything if you can. I have the profilers, grills, and i4s. Of the 3 I like the profilers the best.

#10 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

im a little late to the part but definitely try on masks before buying them! I made this mistake:( Furthermore look into V-force all their masks, (except the vantage) are great. I own a profiler and a grill and they are both great. Basically the same masks, except the profiler is for a face with glasses and included a larger field of view. The grill looks cool tho lol.Good luck!

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#11 Bravo225

Bravo225

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

The V-Force Profiler is supposed to be awesome. It usually ends up as the best mask under $100 in threads I have looked at. I haven't used one, but it gets great reviews, and will be getting one soon.

A hit with a .22 is worth more than a miss with a .50

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Also the grills. Grills and Profilers are great sub 100 masks.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Bravo225

Bravo225

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Also the grills. Grills and Profilers are great sub 100 masks.

Yep.

A hit with a .22 is worth more than a miss with a .50

#14 PROVO

PROVO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

I recently purchased this mask an i really like it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users