• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cholder04

cholder04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi everyone! I have recently bought a used Empire Axe that has been giving me problems. When I air up the gun, there is a minor leak coming out of the main body of the gun. While researching, I learned that a common problem with the Axe is the poppet seal not sealing correctly to the bolt guide. I proved this was the problem with my gun by dropping some oil down the bolt guide shaft and listening to it bubble like boiling water. After the diagnosis, I went  and picked up an Axe parts kit at my local paintball store that contains two new poppet seals. When I put one of the new poppet seals in, the leaking stopped until I dry fired a couple of times and it started again. After this, I installed the second poppet from the kit and it did the same thing. I am now scratching my head wondering if it could be the seating on the bolt guide or the the brass piece that the poppet seal goes on being bent. If any one could help, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Do you see anything funny on the sealing face(where the poppet contacts it) of the bolt guide?  

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users