16 replies to this topic

#1 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

So over the weekend I went out and played with my friend and we had a couple one v ones. During one of them off the break I went snake side and dove into snake, and all hell broke loose, well not hell but my feed neck decided to run away (g6r). So I ended up trying to one ball him, I eventually won but dumped 75% of my hopper on the ground. Which brings my question what was your first experience with diving? Was it a big failure like mine?
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

I haven't had my hopper fly off, but I have taken my fair share of core samples and broken a few toes.

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#3 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

my first dives didnt go too bad
i did break my markers feedneck once on a bad dive though, barrel hit the turf and the shock snapped the feedneck in half

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Dont use the snake in a one on one.

#5 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

i was playing with a friend who wasnt very experienced  and was really just messing around.

Edited by SplatSplatOrange, 27 January 2014 - 01:50 PM.

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well I went in slow. I also practiced a whole bunch before I did it in a game. People said it look alright so I just faked it until I made it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

first experience? good. later i was going to try and start crawling immediately after diving and positioned my arm wrong, it buckled and i had a fracture in my radius  ^_^

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

first experience? good. later i was going to try and start crawling immediately after diving and positioned my arm wrong, it buckled and i had a fracture in my radius  ^_^

Lol dive better.

And diving for the first time came as instinct, I didn't consciously do it lol. But when I forced myself afterwards to do it it didn't the go well
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

i was playing with a friend who wasnt very experienced  and was really just messing around.

That's what they all say......lol :P

In all seriousness I have never really core sampled due to the fact that I learned from the best right here on TechPB. Also, never use the snake in a 1V1 is a really great tip no matter what. Lastly, I have never broken a feedneck but playing Woodsball, I ran about as fast as I could and I didn't see a big drop coming, flew for about 10 feet forward, 3 feet down into the ground, and slid for about 15 feet on my stomach. I cut my hand on my feedneck lever and inadvertently pushed my feedneck off with my loader. It wasn't too fun......

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I once smashed my loader into the ground so hard while diving into snake my feedneck popped off and the batteries were knocked out of their slots in my Rotor. I had the velcro straps on them... :(

Also I smashed the butt of my tank into my chin right after stepping off the box cause I forgot to wear cleats and tripped. Damn Flexes didnt do much to stop my face getting intimate with carbon fiber.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#11 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

I once smashed my loader into the ground so hard while diving into snake my feedneck popped off and the batteries were knocked out of their slots in my Rotor. I had the velcro straps on them... :(

Also I smashed the butt of my tank into my chin right after stepping off the box cause I forgot to wear cleats and tripped. Damn Flexes didnt do much to stop my face getting intimate with carbon fiber.

lol, flexes are good at that :P

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#12 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Im a big dude and I learned that superman sliding is a matter of not so much launching yourself into a dive where you propel into the turf but more so a matter of lowering yourself onto the ground at a high enough speed to maintain enough momentum to get to where your going. Or at least thats how I do it. Then again im not much of a snake guy, buy I have been known to mess around on occasion. Its all just a matter off keeping control of the gun with your palms and barrel up. Your gun should never be the first thing to hit the ground or at least not with any force. Learn how to cradle it in a way where it is comfortable and safe for you to dive. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Im a big dude and I learned that superman sliding is a matter of not so much launching yourself into a dive where you propel into the turf but more so a matter of lowering yourself onto the ground at a high enough speed to maintain enough momentum to get to where your going. Or at least thats how I do it. Then again im not much of a snake guy, buy I have been known to mess around on occasion. Its all just a matter off keeping control of the gun with your palms and barrel up. Your gun should never be the first thing to hit the ground or at least not with any force. Learn how to cradle it in a way where it is comfortable and safe for you to dive. 

Totally agree, getting low gradually before actually divimg also makes you a smaller target on the way there.

#14 kvndrby

kvndrby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

agreed.

as for my first time superman diving... i needed to take the snake in order to make the play so I just went for it. I was so worried about hurting my marker i ended up biasing my weight to the left side of my body and pretty much tried to keep the gun up as high as i could manage ( I practically slid sideways). I'm sure I looked like an idiot and even though I slide a little better these days I think I still probably look humorous. 6' 1" 230lb guys dont typically take the snake for a reason. :)

#15 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

^I make you look small haha and I hop into snake to play sometimes. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#16 bigdoghoffy72

bigdoghoffy72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Totally agree, getting low gradually before actually divimg also makes you a smaller target on the way there.

Just gotta bellyflop onto turf :tup:

#17 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

First time I played snake was a private group, semi experienced players. I went full bore snake off break, turned the corner to slide in, gun hit the ground first, i went over the gun, tank hit me in the ribs, cracked one of them, bruised two more, and I promptly got shot to shit. Didn't take me long to learn to get low and use my momentum as I turn the corner, rather then actually trying to dive in.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users