• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zer0psi

Zer0psi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

While playing a game where I had to sprint and make a sharp turn into a fort to win the game, as I went to make the turn my regular ol nike's lost traction and I went down barely making it in. After that i started thinking of new paintball purpose shoes. I know a lot of people go with soccer cleats, but I am a little weary of go down that path due to the fact where I play has forts, towers rocks etc. that I figured would suck to run on with cleats. Since I dominantly play woodsball I looked into trail running shoes and on a whim bought a pair online.(hopefully I attached a picture of them properly) So my question is has anyone played in these type of shoes, or what do you prefer? Do you think I made a valid buy?

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Those look pretty good for the job, but I believe really any hiking boots would also work.
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Lot of airball players around here swear by trail running shoes.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

I use soccer cleats, and indoor soccer cleats. Also, HK cleats have been good to me, but I've used them once in a game.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

After riding BMX for so many years, and being old... I need ankle support, so I wear high boots. They give me the grip I need when climbing up muddy hills, and I lace them tight enough that my ankle won't roll. 

I've been wearing the same Rocky boots since I started playing woodsball. My pair must be around 9 years old now, and they don't leak when I walk in the creeks, and they keep my feet warm when we play in well below freezing temps. I got the ones with the big rubber pad over the toes, as I crawl and that protects the toes from wearing out (typically the toes go first on boots that are used hard for paintball). 

Here is where I got mine (got them "open box/returned" for $69!!! from my local Dick's)

http://www.dicksspor...413987.11400088

#6 hughes

hughes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

a  teammate of mine uses trail runners. Being from Canada, we are forced to play on slick indoor fields right now. He says they work pretty well, and I have yet to see him eat shit, so thats a good sign

#7 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

I also use trail runners exclusively.  Addidas Thrashers to be exact.  Going on my third season with them and they are holding up wonderfully.  I get great grip in the woods with the forward and reverse tread and they have decent traction on pavement (especially helps at CPX).  They are not for those who have weak ankles though. They have low rises in them and will allow people to roll ankles if they don't have the support.

The only issue i have with low rise footware is that if you do a lot of crawling in the woods you have the tendency to get poison ivy on your lower legs if your pants slide up.

#8 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

I used very often baseball cleats, since they are good for grass and dirt. But recently doing more scenario and woods play, I have switched to hiking shoes. I use the New Balance 790 and they seem to fit all terrain the best from my personal experience.

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,916 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

I use a pair of leather, steel toe, waterproof hiking boots because they give good ankle protection so you lessen the risk of rolling your ankle, they're waterproof so your feet stay dry, and they're steel toe so if you kick a big rock or a tree then it doesn't hurt.

#10 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Im on the boot side. I used a pair of Oakley SI boots all deployment and they held up great. Rocky, sandy and 120 degrees some days and I ran in them. I got a new pair of under armor boots and use the Oakleys for paintball since there finally starting to get beat up. Thing is I think I might just order another pair of Oakleys. Never been a big fan of cleats but I usually stick to woodsball and for the most part tougher terrain. 

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I stick with the "proven" good ol soccer cleats, cheap wilson ones at that

109.gif

#12 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

I am cheap so I just use my old steel toe boots, they have good ankle support and allowed me to kick things in infinite rage. If I am playing speedball, which is rare, I where football cleats.

Moo.

#13 Zer0psi

Zer0psi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

well I got my trail running shoes in the mail yesterday and I'm excited to try them out. these things have some beefy outer souls on them. I wore them around a little to get a feel of them and they quite grippy. So far I am happy with my purchase.
Posted Image

#14 gtarman8d

gtarman8d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

What kind did you decide on?

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

ok, for rec ball, train runners will work great

For the PSP, you will want something with DEEP cleats, such as soccer cleats. The fields are usually SOAKED in paint and water, the ground is pure mush, and if you don't have deep cleats, you're going to slide around. The HK cleats don't cut it on the PSP, the Exalts do slightly better, but you need to use the studs, not the golf cleats

Train runners are the best multipurpose shoes out there. For woodsball or scenario they work amazing. Give you great traction in the grass and dirt, but won't have you busting your ass on the concrete like hard soccer cleats will. 

The soft rubber sole works great on slick concrete. 

If I had to pick one paintball shoe, for EVERYTHING, I would pick the train runners. Great investment

#16 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Adidas Soccer Cleats for the airball fields, Adidas GSG 9.2 Combats for woodsball/scenario. I love me some Adidas.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

Update: HK Shredders are awesome. Surprisingly they held up even in the dust and dirt. Grass they worked fine as well.

#18 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

yea i agree -----^ i use HK shredders 100% of the time because i go from turf to dirt alot so it really helps and my feet arent screaming at me from wearing cleats all day like my old nike ones

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

Cleats+hard dirt do not go well together.

#20 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

yea i know that for sure and under the turf at my field is sand so that doesnt help much either

#21 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I use the Under Armour Highlight MC cleats for woodsball and speedball.  They were my football cleats but are getting small.  They have good ankle support if you are worried about that.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users