Photo

Planet Eclipse LV1 vs GSL - is the GSL better?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BallBreaker

BallBreaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

So I currently own a LV1 and really happy with it, the way it looks, shoots and feels in my hands, it really is an amazing marker.  One problem, I've seen the new GSL and all I can think about is to get ME one... the only thing is I will have to sell my LV1 in order to get the GSL, and I dont know if its worth while incurring that extra expense for the GSL and if its going to be better than the LV1.. is the GSL really THAT good?

As we all know the GSL is not an easy marker to get hold of therefore I wont beable to shoot one before actually buying one so I need your guys help here please...?

Besides one being a poppet and the other a spool, and taking price out of the equation too - what other differences am I looking at between the two?

ie: Does the GSL have a different shot to the LV1 (eg. people talk about the LV1 having a bit of a "drop" when shooting, where the Clone GTI for example has more of a "flat shot") - which category does the GSL fall into when it comes to this?

Anything else you guys can think of that would make it easier for me to say Yes or No - I'd appreciate?

Thanks,

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

ie: Does the GSL have a different shot to the LV1 (eg. people talk about the LV1 having a bit of a "drop" when shooting, where the Clone GTI for example has more of a "flat shot") - which category does the GSL fall into when it comes to this?

Well, people are wrong. Trajectory cannot be affected by the gun, unless the gun puts backspin on the paint. Since we know guns don't do that, the shot path will be identical.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 ForcePlate

ForcePlate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Don't get the gsl but what you could do is sell your lv1 and get a geo 3.1 I've heard that they are almost the same gun besides the milling and i think the bolts are a bit different   

#4 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

I would say to just keep your LV1, the GSL will just be smoother and quieter and also possibly have better ergonomics (will come down to personal preference), but if you're fine with your poppet I would say just save some money and keep the LV1, they will both be just as accurate, and as long as you like your LV1 I would stick with it, as it's still Planet Eclipse's top poppet marker. You may want to check out this video to get a better idea on how it compares to your LV1:

Edited by SPARTAN1147789, 30 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Just try out a Geo 3.

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

I find the LV1 to shoot much better then the Geo haha, I can't believe that anyone would consider buying a Geo now that the LV1 is here.

109.gif

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

I find the LV1 to shoot much better then the Geo haha, I can't believe that anyone would consider buying a Geo now that the LV1 is here.

Smaller, cheaper and an enclosed bolt.

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Smaller, cheaper and an enclosed bolt.

Fair enough, but speaking 100% on performance, no reason to buy a Geo over an LV1, I've used both for a decent amount of time and came in with no biases infact to be 100% honest before using both guns I really hated P.E, the LV1 changed that while the Geo was just.. there? 

109.gif

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

If the estimates for the newest iteration of the bolt engine in the GSL hold up, then it should get really high efficiency as well. I believe Jack Wood was saying that they increased the shutoff so that they saved like 400-500% more wasted air than the previous Geos. So if the efficiency is comparable between an LV1 and a GSL, personally I'd go with the spool. But that's because I prefer spools. If you can't find any GSLs, you'll just have to wait for the Geo 4.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

If the estimates for the newest iteration of the bolt engine in the GSL hold up, then it should get really high efficiency as well. I believe Jack Wood was saying that they increased the shutoff so that they saved like 400-500% more wasted air than the previous Geos. So if the efficiency is comparable between an LV1 and a GSL, personally I'd go with the spool. But that's because I prefer spools. If you can't find any GSLs, you'll just have to wait for the Geo 4.

Doubt it, but then again most of what he said about the LV1 wasn't a lie.... But than again he made the Geo 2.1, but then again he said he loved APS hmmmm

109.gif

#11 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

From the video the GSL gets 11 and a half pods from a 68 4500, and is 10 decibels quieter than the LV1 and 5 decibels quieter than the GEO 3, so I would say that would make it a marker worth considering, though I would still say to save the money and stick with your LV1 because it really won't make much of a difference when you're on the field and the LV1 is still a great marker.

#12 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Geo 3 < LV1 < GSL

My personal opinion on the matter.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#13 Danielcopp1999

Danielcopp1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

From the video the GSL gets 11 and a half pods from a 68 4500, and is 10 decibels quieter than the LV1 and 5 decibels quieter than the GEO 3, so I would say that would make it a marker worth considering, though I would still say to save the money and stick with your LV1 because it really won't make much of a difference when you're on the field and the LV1 is still a great marker.

where did you see a video of a gsl shooting 10 decibels quieter then a lv1 and 5 less then a geo 3. If the geo was quieter then the lv1, the lv1 was probably way out of tune. And the gsl must have been shooting 195
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#14 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

The video I posted in this thread, skip to the end (23:24 to be exact), I believe they are all being set to around 285 fps, though keep in mind I believe most of them are brand new out of the box, so that may affect the decibel level (but according to the video the LV1 got 84.4 decibels and the GSL got 74.2 decibels).

Edited by SPARTAN1147789, 05 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

Boston Paintball is the company behind the Twister LV1. I would wager money the one in the video is well tuned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users