#1 PhilMetalJacket

PhilMetalJacket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Just saw this on Facebook today.

The MILSIG M17

"MILSIG Industries is proud to announce the release of the long awaited M17 line of markers. The revolutionary mechanical full automatic line of paintball markers are designed to be the finest of MagFed markers on the planet. From hardcore MagFed play to scenario big games, these markers will take your MagFed experience to the next level."

MILSIG has announced a new magfed marker, the M17, coming in 3 flavors: a compact and reasonably priced CQC model, a less-compact carbine called XDC, and bigger DMR version with a scope and bipod. All 3 come with their new 18-round First Strike magazine and are compatible with the square-head magazines used by the Paradigm Pro. Also features a pistol grip in the standard AR-15 style, so it's compatible with existing real steel grips, paddle mag-release and AR style safety/selector switch. Also they claim fully-mechanical full-auto magfed. Whatever use that could be.

Along with the new marker and magazine, they've also announced a new tank regulator (for the in-stock tank) which uses a "Pin-Valve-less" design, which is instead controlled using a twisting on/off.

What remains to be seen is how this new MILSIG offering will stack up against the already fairly affordable and nicely designed Maxtact/Scarab Arms TGR2mkII. The M17 CQC model, in particular, looks like a real contender. Small, light, and competitively priced.

Attached Files

#2 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Per their website:

Thursday, January 30, 2014
VIA:
MILSIG INDUSTRIES

MILSIG DIRECT USA
MILSIG DIRECT CANADA
MILSIG DIRECT EUROPE

MILSIG Industries is proud to announce the release of the long awaited M17 line. The revolutionary line mechanical full automatic paintball markers designed to be the finest of milsim markers on the planet. From hardcore magfed play to scenario big games, these markers will take anyone to the next level of the game. The heart of the M17 is the latest generation of our HEAT Core, a mechanical full automatic, internally regulated blow forward system with a multi-state selector switch designed for ease of maintenance, reliability, and absolute consistency. Available in three models based on three roles at three different prices.

Full link:
http://milsig.com/m17/

Interesting to see this.  I was always looking for a similarly priced alternative to Tiberius markers.  The cheapest model of the M17 will be 300$ USD which is kind of nice.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,945 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm interested in the mechanical full auto cycle.

Also, $300 (+ cost of 13/3k separate) for the cheapest model? Not what I was expecting, and I am pleasantly surprised.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 31 January 2014 - 02:23 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm interested in the mechanical full auto cycle.

Also, $300 for the cheapest model? Not what I was expecting, and I am pleasantly surprised.

The cool part is that even the cheap model has mech full auto, even though it's almost pointless in a gun with a 20 round magazine, but cool nonetheless. And it accepts Squarehead magazines.

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

It still accepts standard hoppers. Look at the right hand pictures of the marker.  Same location as a T9.1 or 98 Custom.  Guessing it will come with a 45 elbow or have the option to have one if it doesn't.

#6 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Guess the t15 kinda got blown out of the water.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#7 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

#8 DyeNut

DyeNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

I don't know, I think Ill stick with the Tiberius T15. Looks way more realistic, and has a higher magazine capacity, along with everything else these seem to offer. Nonetheless, that DMR/Sniper looks incredible, blowing Tiberius' DMR's out of the water for sure. Milsig is a very reputable company for reliable markers, so Im not trying to diss them or anything, I just like the idea of 1:1 AR in the T15.

#9 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

the T15 is much better than the m17 in terms of looks. milsig marks to me have always been kinda chunky and boxy whereas the T15 has the look and feel that a lot of people really like. 
the m17 though has a feature that most other, if not all other mechanical mag fed markers dont have, which is the full auto. that adds a cool factor to the marker and it could be very beneficial for mag fed only teams that want a support gunner. just put a box mag in it and you're ready to go. and you cant beat the price of the cqb model, especially with how many features are packed into it.

#10 DyeNut

DyeNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I do believe the T15 has mechanical full auto also. This is based on a brief video released around World Cup of the T15 shooting a magazine of First Strike in full auto. Just something to note.

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I do believe the T15 has mechanical full auto also. This is based on a brief video released around World Cup of the T15 shooting a magazine of First Strike in full auto. Just something to note.

There was no such video. The only videos that have shown the T15 shooting were in semi-auto. Also, I have yet to see any claims of the T15 having mech full auto. 

#12 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Looks sweet, maybe someday I'll get one. 

#13 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

A local field got to try one and it looked amazing

#14 DyeNut

DyeNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

There was no such video. The only videos that have shown the T15 shooting were in semi-auto. Also, I have yet to see any claims of the T15 having mech full auto. 

You're probably right, my memory serves me poorly.

#15 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

I had mine delivered this week.
It's awesome.
I can't believe they can sell this for $300 and make money.
Very sturdy, solid marker.

#16 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Buddy had his last weekend.  Felt solid.  You really have to smack the mags in place.  It's pretty loud.  Good deal for $300.

#17 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

This thing rocks.

I finally got a chance to set up my M17 today.
Got both my RedDot and Hawke crossbow scope sighted in, and man this thing rocks.
If you want to get more efficiency, i suggest not using the stock barrel. I saw and enormous FPS gain by switching to my DW with freak insert. And I'm talking over a 75fps difference.
Consistency is crazy.

12825962984_11cb44e810_b.jpg
IMAG0396 by markwhensley, on Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users