Photo

Pinokio doesn't like to stay on or even turn on. Help?

pinokio hopper paint ball paintball troubleshoot

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aflyingpanda

aflyingpanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'm having problems with my nokio. first day using it and into the 2nd game, the hopper shuts off on me and won't turn on. everytime i press the button, it quickly blinks red. it will only turn on and stay green when im not playing and off the field ONCE in awhile. but when i leave it on it turns off on me in about 2 minutes. No matter how many times i press the power button, it doesn't want to turn on, only when it wants to. I also replaced the batteries. what could be wrong?

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Have you taken it apart to see if there's a lose electrical connection? Have you tried fresh batteries?

#3 aflyingpanda

aflyingpanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

yeah i bought brand new batteries from the field when after I was done with the match. unless the 2/3 are duds but i highly doubt that. I haven't opened it yet but it looks like everything in there looks solid. I will open it later tonight after I get off of work.

Thank you

#4 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

You might have to re-solder some connections, but I don't know for sure since you have it and not me. But it's possible the field sold you some dud batteries.

#5 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

open the battery door and pull the battery connections slightly towards where the batteries go (bend them only a little).  Sometimes with this type of connections the terminals can get flattened out and not make a constant connection with the battery.  Happens a lot with later model egos.  Might be why it has trouble staying on while you're playing and not while its sitting.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#6 aflyingpanda

aflyingpanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

@tk-421
I just opened up the nokio and found that the ground wire to the motor was pinched so i was thinking of cut, strip, resolder, and heat shrink it.

@etekgirl

I will try that also! We will see on the weekend when i go out and play a few games

#7 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'd try Etek's idea first, since it's simpler and just might be the fix you need.

#8 aflyingpanda

aflyingpanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Seems like it did the trick. I just tried it out today and it seems fixed. gotta wait til the weekend now!

#9 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Always best to try the simple fixes first. Glad it seems like it did the trick, give us a report when you play with it on the weekend. :tup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users